• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Schuberth in helmet intercoms

Bluntly

Tuned and Synch'ed
My son and I were debating getting an Autocom set up but (as we're both buying new helmets this year) have pretty much decided to go for the Schuberth in helmet system.
BTW: I've had a Schuberth for the past 5 years and it's without any doubt the best helmet I've ever had, I've certainly no plans to ever buy another make.

We've not had a system before so if anybody can point me at any problems or shortfalls in this I'd be grateful.

Intercom conference mode between up to 3 bikers
Mobile phone functions:
Receive or reject incoming calls by voice command
Initiate calls by one-button push and voice command
Receive in the ear GPS navigation voice instructions
Built-in FM Radio with RDS:
Up to 6 user-defined stations
RDS functionality – automatic self-adjustment for best radio station frequency
Radio on time: up to 8 hours
Receive wireless MP3 stereo music (A2DP) or from cable connected MP3 players
Multiple Device Connectivity (“MDC”) offers intercom conference with two other SRC-System™ users and with one additional Bluetooth device: GPS, Mobile Phone (directly or via GPS), A2DP enabled MP3 Player or Adapter. Headset also switches between its built-in FM radio and your cable connected external MP3 player.
AGC technology automatically self-adjusts speaker volume according to driving speed and ambient noise level
VOX technology for voice-controlled receiving and rejecting of incoming mobile or intercom calls
Firmware update ready* (USB cable for PC included)
DSP technology for advanced functionality
Dual ultra-slim speakers for tight helmets
High quality audio at highway speeds
Up to 10 hrs. talk-time / 1 week stand-by (recharging from any regular outlet)

* Requires Windows™ XP or Vista™ based PC

http://www.schuberth.com/en/products/mo ... ystem.html

Blunty, I have zero experience with the Bluetooth in-helmet systems of any brand. I can say that the wired AutoCom units are one that I have used and found it blow away the rest. That said, I have recently used the Chatterbox XBi for rider-to-passenger with individual music inputs while riding... worked OK, though tough to hear at speeds at/over 80 mph. The speakers and mic seem to be the most important part (also noise cancellation of course), so you can probably catch some reviews online somewhere. If you like the Schuberth, I'd say give it go and let us know.

Again no knowledge of the new Shuberth, so this post is a bit useless really, but I'm having breakfast and the tea is crap so got to make up for it somehow.

My 02 worth - blue tooth is good in theory BUT......

1) Another battery to charge while away on a trip, along with phone/camera/Ipod/Laptop for PCV and and and...... last trip we had to drag along what felt like the equivalent of half an electronics shop, because of course no matter how hard you try they all use bloody custom batteries - Arrrghhhhh.
2) BT Range is inadequate, no matter what they say in the glossy brochures it just does not have the transmission power... We run 5 watt UHF Bike to Bike and we still have the occasional "Can you here me?" moments, even the 2 watt units we ran previously were completely inadequate.. BT emits at 2.4GHz with the power of 0.001W and while technically 2.4GHz will travel further than UHF .001 is .001 - nothin beats horsepower and so it is with all wireless device transmission range.
3) Last I heard Autocom had gone bust, be careful buying their stuff.
4) Volume in the helmet... again nothin beats horsepower and so it also is with speaker volume in the helmet. We use custom ear plugs and the system has to be loud enough to hear through them only achievable for any length of time with larger speakers and bike battery power. Without ear plugs it is uncomfortably loud - doing this with a battery powered helmet will result in talk times way shorter than the glossy brochure claims.

Cat City Rider said:
Whatever happened to just riding along and listening to your own thoughts and the music of the motor? :?

I love it B) Which is why I (a) won't be buying one for my wife and (b) won't be connecting iPods ect :roll:

We usually ride in very mountainous and bad roads and are planning a trip to Bulgaria via Greece/Turkey this year, we think the intercom will help with danger warnings, gas requirements, and routes ect, my son having the directional capabilities of a blind moth which, while making trips "interesting", can piss me off if I'm in a hurry or hungry! :evil:

Ref the battery charging issues: We're looking at getting one of these (bluetooth system or not)
converter-top.jpg

or similar (there is one that fits nicely to a topbox rack), Greece/Turkey/Bulgaria being very sunny in July/August when we plan to go.

http://www.peoplepoweredmachines.com/vo ... erter.html

Mr B, Schuberth are a top helmet and if they were approved in Oz I'd have one. I use a BMW instead which are made by Schuberth but now BMW can't be bothered with the hassles of getting approvals in a low-volume market. Bugger!

WRT the BT though steer clear of integrated systems, they don't give you the opportunity to upgrade, change brands, models, styles etc. BMW tried it a few years back and I'm told (by a BMW parts person) that it wasn't very good. BT itself is OK for close contact but as Mike C says, there's no substitute for power.

Peter

Back