• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Scott's How To Recover The 5 Digit Security Code

V85TT uses a 5-digit code. As noted earlier in this thread, owner can program additional keys through the dash menu if programmed personal code is available or two different programmed and functional keys are available (not one key and a clone). Otherwise, send the dash and functional key to Carmo.

I don’t know how many digits the V85 codes are (4 or 5 digits) but it’s best to try the obvious codes first.

The last 4 or 5 of the VIN

Etc.

You might get lucky and stumble on it and save yourself $2,000+

I would just remove the dash and send it to Carmo in Holland with your 1 good key.

They can read the code and program a new transponder 2nd key for you for a lot less money. Less than €300.

Carmo.nl
The V85tt has the same as you said earlier, 5 numbers, 00000 from the factory, l had already asked about 2 keys before l purchased it because l know modern bikes, my Yamaha had 3, 1 red, what l didn't know was anything about a code, either did the dealer, so l haven't taken it yet as we had agreed they would get the second key sorted out, so l will leave it too him to either get Moto Guzzi to do it or to discount the price accordingly.

I other thing that tricked me with using the starter as the mode switch, was how do l cycle the key when the engine is running, that took some thought until l realised to use the kill switch..... Give me my DR 650 bush pig any day for simplicity....
Thanks again for your help.

The other bit that is different for the v85tt was entering a new key, that can only now be done at the dealer, or with that new scanner l saw in your shop. It's in the service manual.

One other thing is how do l know if l have entered a correct code?
I saw reset personal code in the menu, if l enter ie, 00000 and it's correct what happens then, does it say it's right, change colour, stop flashing?
If the bike doesn't recognise the key will it say enter your code?
I don't have it here so l can't play around with it to know.

Read the manual carefully—the user can program 1 or 2 additional keys (dash will recognize up to 4 total) with at least 1 programmed key and the user code—I did it on my 2021 without dealer assistance. Since you can retrieve/reset the code with 2 valid keys, the user can also reset the code and then add keys if 2 programmed keys are available.

Read the manual carefully—the user can program 1 or 2 additional keys (dash will recognize up to 4 total) with at least 1 programmed key and the user code—I did it on my 2021 without dealer assistance.
Is that for the V85tt? Both the owners manual and service manual say differently, but I'm know to be wrong... a lot 😊

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231221_075239_Xodo.jpg
    Screenshot_20231221_075239_Xodo.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 6
Is that for the V85tt? Both the owners manual and service manual say differently, but I'm know to be wrong... a lot 😊
Yes, for my 2021 V85TT Centenario purchased new in May 2021. Perhaps there have been changes since then. I programmed a third key in June or July of 2021.

Could you attach a photo of the correct page in the manual, l can't find it in mine.
Also can someone let me know how to enter the code and what does it do if it's right or wrong?

I do not own a V85 so I cannot tell you specifics for that model.

Both the Owners Manual and the Service Manual in digital format are available in the DOWNLOADS section to supporting members.

You can go to DONATE and toss a few bucks of your choice into the operations fund and then you get access to all the downloads after that.

Wow!

After reading all the posts about keys and the requisite programming I'm extremely grateful to own a lowly V7 that has only a simple ignition key with no embedded chip.

Jason

It’s really not as bad as it seems.

The real problem is less than 1% of the Moto Guzzi riders out there, will actually download and READ the Owner’s Manual.

If they only would, then 95% of the common issues we see time and again here, would literally disappear like s fart in the wind.

Also, people would stop buying used dashes without codes or 2 different keys.

Last edited:
It’s really not as bad as it seems.

The real problem is less than 1% of the Moto Guzzi riders out there, will actually download and READ the Ownwr’s Manual.

If they only would, then 95% of the common issues we see time and again here, would literally disappear like s fart in the wind.

Also, people would stop buying used dashes without codes or 2 different keys.
Come on Scott, The guzzi owners manual is a bit confusing in translation!, Its like you need a PhD to understand it.....Oh.. Wait! ;)

I’m the biggest reading dummy here and that’s an undisputed fact.

If I can read the manuals for all 7 (SEVEN) of my Moto Guzzi motorcycles, others can read the 1 (ONE) manual for theirs.

Then, maybe then, we can stop getting barraged with “How do I read the dipstick?” or “I bought a used dash with no keys and no User Code…” posts…

Maybe…🤞

I recommend downloading the manual and put the printed one where you can't find it. The one that came with my V100 is just about useless. All the directions for the electronic functions are printed white on black and very small print which renders them useless as they can't be read. The downloadable manuals are much much better.
kk

Yes, for my 2021 V85TT Centenario purchased new in May 2021. Perhaps there have been changes since then. I programmed a third key in June or July of 2021.
Gerry, could you talk me through the procedure you used please? What mode ect. I know if you use a non transponder key it with work because it will ask for the user code, so are you sure your third key now works the same as the original key, ie doesn't ask for the code now? Also what page is it in the manual. Thank you

Last edited:
I have some new high $ Pro software that claims it can retrieve the USER CODE from the E5 bikes. Next I have one in, I'll give it a go and post here.

As no further post has happened regarding this, I can only assume that the “high $ Pro software” did not do the job as you had hoped for?

As no further post has happened regarding this, I can only assume that the “high $ Pro software” did not do the job as you had hoped for?
I haven't had a bike in to test it on yet. I'll post once I do. Downside to this process is that I need the bike in my shop.

Back