• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Seeking Sport 1100i/Centauro/Daytona RS fork part

morgan9283

Just got it firing!
I have been on a nearly year long search for what I thought would be a routine spares order.. I'm looking for the rubber between the dampening rods in the front fork on a '97 Sport 1100i, Centauro or Daytona RS. It's unavailable from Guzzi.

It's Guzzi part number 01530528, part 27 on page D15 of the parts book.

Here's a photo and the page from the parts book: http://morganjones.org/photos/main.php?g2_itemId=13073

I would also be interested in a damaged fork or set of forks from one of these bikes. They are the WP forks that I believe were made specifically for Guzzi.

thanks,

-morgan

Funny--you're the second to ask this, my photography must not be clear..

It's not metal, it's rubber.

-morgan

Is it a material of critical elasticity for the forks to work or just a bottoming absorber?
Have you tried contacting WP?

It sits in between the two parts of the catridge inside the fork. It maintains a seal so the cartridge can suck oil up from the bottom of the fork.

I have called the US importer for WP.

-morgan

I cannot say when but I will ask a guy here that has been the official WP service technician since '85 or so if he has seen any such parts.
Don't hold your breath as it will take a while for me, 10 days or so.

Today I visited the WP technician.
He does not recall having seen this part in any of the forks he has ever serviced.
He had a good look at the exploded view diagram and he says that it does not look like a WP forks.
He also noted that this part looks like a bottoming absorber not having to do anything with compression-rebound characteristics.
He too thinks it can be made at a machine shop, despite these strange looking "S"cuts.

Do these "S" cuts appear on the other leg of the forks?
They may have developed eventually by many harsh bottomings and not made by the factory.

Thanks for asking your technician!

Those S cuts are not supposed to be there--the part should be one piece.

Interesting that they don't look like WP forks: "WP" is printed right on the fork leg. Maybe Guzzi pieced them together. That's a horrifying thought.

More than one person has suggested a machinist. I'm going to work on finding one locally.

Thanks.

-morgan

Well, until the last years, WP in Greece was considered to be an off road premium brand so he may have little experience on older street forks as most street WP street forks here were OEM so service would have been asked by the bike's company service.

Also, MG may have asked for a custom made forks, who knows, these guys are not what we can call, eh, "standard" B)
Nevertheless, I trust this technician for not talking rubbish.

Back