RentAGuzzi Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest, Happy 2019! Note all of our products and custom bike builds are now on our sister site; GTMotoCycles.com. You may need a new username and password to get into the new GTM Store system - pending and past order info is available there. NOTE: We are not Amazon, we are a tiny one man operation. Thanks for your patience on orders. GuzziTech is now back to our origins; Enjoy the Guzzi Community Forum and Resources here. There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free - be courteous. For those who are new here, the owner of this site (Todd - GT-Rx®) has been immersed in Guzzis since 1999. He's raced and wrenched for two-thirds of his life, both Pro dirt-track and road-race, and contributed to Cycle World Magazine from 2000 until 2007. He began Guzzi dyno performance modifying and fuel tuning in 2001, and has been wrenching them full time since 2007. His GT MotoCycles workshop has been open for ~4 years in Orange, CA. We do not have a phone number for this site or GTM, we're online only... do not ask us to call you. Click on the Service tab above for more info or to book an appointment -- it is not a retail shop to visit. If you're in L.A., you can come sample our work via our rental fleet - click the image link above. In a few short years GuzziTech.com will hit the 20 year mark of providing advice and tech tips for free. Understand that this is a privately paid for website, not a free social media platform littered with ads to help pay for it. Donations appreciated via the Account upgrade (see Site Support section below) or the Donate tab above, which unlocks all of the content here along with the Classifieds, Ask the Wrench sections and our Seasonal discount notices. Thank you for all of the continued support and contributions.

Service Codes

Discussion in 'CARC' started by john zibell, Oct 29, 2008.

1. pete roper

pete roper GT Godfather!

Unless I'm mistaken the 750's don't have coded keys. Ipso-facto it's an 1100 or a 1200.

pete

2. ralf z

ralf z Just got it firing!

the Griso 12425 code works fine on my griso se... :D

3. charlietuned

charlietuned Tuned and Synch'ed

hi ,,, where do i find the service code for my Cali 1400 ,,i have a orange "code card" with a number which says next to it "company code" is that it??

4. john zibell

john zibell Moderator Staff Member GT Famiglia

We still don't know the service code for the 1400. If there is only one code on it, it may be for cutting a replacement key. If that code is all numbers, such as 36421 (this is the Breva 1100 code) it might be the service code, but we don't know. If that code does get you into the diagnostics menu, than it is the service code. If it is, please let us know what that code is. Once you do, I'll edit the first post in this thread to include the service code.

5. charlietuned

o.k. i will try it in the morning and let you know!!

6. charlietuned

O.K. tried the number [36653] but it did nothing , or maybe i am doing it incorrectly, cause i will put in the numbers anf then push the button at the end and it will go onto "exit"-- managed to put my "personel code" in though.

7. john zibell

At least you have the personal code entered. Be sure to document it in the owners manual in case you forget or sell the bike. The next owner will need that code. Hopefully someone will discover the service code soon.

8. sdhow

sdhow Just got it firing!

John,

This link requires login & password info to access; do you have something I could use?

9. john zibell

That site has become restricted assess since the original post. I can't get into it either. Now you must be a dealer or service agent to get access. Just go to the owner's manual for your bike for information on the user code. See the maintenance manual for information on teh Service code. All will be explained in those manuals. Many of the manuals are in the Resources tab.

10. sdhow

Thanks, John!

I have hard copies of both docs; is there a post showing the user code(s), like the first post listed the service codes? Or is the user code individual to each bike?

11. john zibell

The user code is set by the first owner. It can be changed if you have two different recognized keys. It does make life easier if the user code just happens to be the service code for any future owner. This is covered in the Breva Service manual in the Resources section.

12. sdhow

Ahhhh...I will look in the Breva manual; I've only read the 1200 Sport manual. Mine was a voluntary repossession, so no paperwork came with the bike. Non-MG dealer I purchased it from said the code to program additional keys was 123456. Does that sound logical?

13. john zibell

No, but someone could have used that for the user code. However it is doubtful.

14. beuwiq

beuwiq Tuned and Synch'ed

My Breva has just 1 joystick in the middle of the cluster how do I switch to Mode to run a diagnostic. When I slide it left and right it displays only Trip Time, Fuel Consumption, Max Speed & Average Speed.

Please what I'm I doing wrong?

Thanks

15. beuwiq

Please how do I input this code for the Breva 850 with joystick?

16. john zibell

Do you have the button control or the joystick? A picture of the left had control would help to determine.

beuwiq likes this.
  17. beuwiq

I downloaded the Norge user manual & it was well explained there. So I'm fine now. The code worked too

Thankssssss

18. Idaho Red Rocket 3

Idaho Red Rocket 3 Just got it firing!

36421 worked for my 2008 1200 Sport. Thanks.

19. E Sciberras

E Sciberras Just got it firing!

Hi.....I recently replaced the instrument panel as mine was shot. I am trying to insert the new code on to the new panel. My bike is a Breva 850 (2006) and it has the slider type 3 position switch with the push button. Any help how to go about fixing it? I do not have the owner's manual, but have both keys. Thanks in advance for any help/assistance.

20. john zibell

It sounds like you are trying to change the user code. That procedure is in the Downloads section https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/resources/breva-1100-general-service-manual.24/

Now if it is a new never been used dash, the procedure covers how to start off, but if it is a used dash, you may need to send it to Carmo with your keys. https://www.carmo.nl//