• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Service in Ontario

Chris01

Just got it firing!
Hello fellow Guzzi Enthusiasts,

I am writing this post to share an experience with you. I recently purchased a 2012 MG Griso from a dealer in Ontario. I was enjoying the machine. I had the valves adjusted @1000kms and the oil changed. During this process, a small tear was created in the left spark plug boot because the plugs were removed with a screwdriver instead of the proper tool ($120) available from MG.

So basically, I drove the bike back to Ottawa and I started having serious performance issues and the bike could no longer be driven. I live in Ottawa, however, the MG Dealer here would not look at my bike until the winter - how unfortunate.

I was put in contact with the staff @Corsa Meccanica in Vaughan, Ontario. I towed the bike to Vaughan so they could take a look at it. I cannot say enough good things about the staff @ Corsa. Not only did they look at my bike ASAP, they found the tear in the spark plug, re-adjusted the valves, re-synched the throttle bodies (which I was told were pre-set and could not be adjusted from another dealer), and fixed a vacuum leak. The bike now runs like it should.

The true message in this post is this: Service is Priceless. As I'm sure you're aware, there are dealers out there that simply sell motorcycles. The staff @Corsa Meccanica is not only knowledgable, they are nice people.
Thanks to them, I can now actually do what I intended to do - ride.

Thank you

The boys from Corsa Meccanica were in Lavigne at the Ontario Guzzi Rally with a tent set up, tools, and a Stelvio NTX demo bike. They serviced a lot of bikes while they were there. They are a great dealership, worth their weight in gold!

Bruce

I just have to add my 2 cents worth here cause I really am thrilled with the Corsa guys especially George.
Story begins last December at the Toronto Motorcycle show downtown, I talk to George about wanting to purchase a 2012 NTX and ask when they will be available and how much. We talk for about an hour or so but during that time anyone that ventured into there booth, George would turn to me and say excuse me for a moment sir and then go off and tend to them and once finished come straight back over to me and answer any further queries and asks me for my email address so that he can inform me when he knows what the delivery date will be.

Now leap forward to May of this year, I went in to pick up some parts I had ordered and while standing at the counter talking to Mike George comes over and apologises for not remembering my name but informs me he will have a Stelvio on the floor in two weeks. Im starting to get impressed.

The two weeks goes by and I get an email that the Stelvio is here give him a call for a test ride. Now how nice is that! Unfortunately I needed to rebuild my deck so the money situation was not favourable for any new purchases so I had to decline the offer.

On every subsequent visit to Corsa George would come up and say if you have a couple of hours to spare the Stelvio was just sitting there and it was mine for the taking, I advised George the money situ had not improved any so I did not think it was advisable to torment myself. He laughed and said not to worry about a purchase just try it for comparison sake. Once again I declined. Gotta say he is persistent.

At the rally in Lavigne he must have asked me at least a half dozen times if I wanted to take the NTX for a blast. I almost did but was not quite sure how I would explain to my wife the new bike parked in the already over crowded garage.I also want to express kudos to George and the Corsa crew for supporting Guzzi riders in Ontario for representing the marque at the rally. Hopefully this is an indicator of a bright future for MG in our province.

Leap forward now to this last Saturday, I had to drop off my bike to have the ECU software verified as the latest revision after discussing some of my problems with Carlo at the rally. I was supposed to drop it off on Tuesday but as I was supposed to be going out of town with work I called and asked if I could drop it off late Saturday and George said bring it in. I walk through the door and start to take my gear off and George comes over and says don't take your gear off as I have the Stelvio ready for you to take as a loaner while we do the work on yours, I tell George that I can not make it back before Wednesday and he says no problem man, talk about floored. I was/am so impressed with this guy and his shop. Needless to say I being extremely weak willed decided that as I am still not in a financial happy place at this time I once again declined his offer to which I have been kicking my ass ever since.

George you and your guys rock. Heres hoping he and his shop are around for a long, long time

Cheers

Tinkerfreak said:
as I am still not in a financial happy place at this time I once again declined his offer to which I have been kicking my ass ever since.

George you and your guys rock. Heres hoping he and his shop are around for a long, long time

Cheers

I have to say, you have a lot more self-discipline than I do! I would have been on that NTX like a fat kid on a Smartie! :lol:

Bruce

BravoBravo said:
Tinkerfreak said:
as I am still not in a financial happy place at this time I once again declined his offer to which I have been kicking my ass ever since.

Cheers

I have to say, you have a lot more self-discipline than I do! I would have been on that NTX like a fat kid on a Smartie! :lol:

Bruce

Nothing to do with self-discipline, lack of will power is more like it. I figure if you don't tempt yourself you won't end up in trouble.

Funny thing, I told my wife about it when I got home and she looked at me in disbelief and said "your a f@#king idiot!, you should have taken that bike and gone for a nice long ride", Thanks for your understanding dear!

Cheers

I'm about to pick up my recently purchased Griso tomorrow, which I pumped about like nothing ever before! With all the talk about Corsa Meccanica, I figured that I should mention that I bought my bike from them and, although there was a bit of mix-up, I also think very highly of this shop. I went to look at a 2012 Tenni Green Griso they had in stock, loved it, and agreed on a price. It was understood that the bike still had most of its warranty available, which was another selling feature. Long story short, as the VIN number revealed, the bike was actually a 2011 with limited warranty left on it. This was a bizarre f*%k up and one that Corsa clearly felt bad about.

Since they couldn't lower the price of the bike at that point (they already weren't making much money off me), I asked them to give me an additional year warranty on the bike, plus a $300 credit toward merchandise. They not only agreed to the in-house warranty, but took the initiative to bump up my credit to $500, applicable to merchandise or service.

It seemed like a sketchy mistake, but they clearly felt bad and went beyond my request to make sure I was a happy customer. They also said that my in-house warranty would cover the cost of towing the bike, given that I live about an hour away from them. Despite the mess up, I would definitely buy from them again.

echo80 said:
I'm about to pick up my recently purchased Griso tomorrow, which I pumped about like nothing ever before! With all the talk about Corsa Meccanica, I figured that I should mention that I bought my bike from them and, although there was a bit of mix-up, I also think very highly of this shop. I went to look at a 2012 Tenni Green Griso they had in stock, loved it, and agreed on a price. It was understood that the bike still had most of its warranty available, which was another selling feature. Long story short, as the VIN number revealed, the bike was actually a 2011 with limited warranty left on it. This was a bizarre f*%k up and one that Corsa clearly felt bad about.

Since they couldn't lower the price of the bike at that point (they already weren't making much money off me), I asked them to give me an additional year warranty on the bike, plus a $300 credit toward merchandise. They not only agreed to the in-house warranty, but took the initiative to bump up my credit to $500, applicable to merchandise or service.

It seemed like a sketchy mistake, but they clearly felt bad and went beyond my request to make sure I was a happy customer. They also said that my in-house warranty would cover the cost of towing the bike, given that I live about an hour away from them. Despite the mess up, I would definitely buy from them again.

The boys at Corsa run a first-class operation. I'm sure they will look after you well! Congrats on your purchase - you are going to love it, I'm sure.

Bruce

Can someone down east please suggest to this George guy to open up a branch in Toon Town?

On the other hand, I'm getting to be a better mechanic. Breva still doesn't run perfectly since I did Todd's "full monty" fueling package, but all I got from the un-named dealer in a-city-not-so-very-far-away-from-here-where-my-favourite-hockey-team-isn't-playing-this-year was words to the effect that "you changed the fueling setup... we don't care to try to help you". Despite that I was just asking them if they had any diagnostic abilities (that i don't have with Todd's VDSTS) to figure out whether I have a faulty sensor or some mystery air leak or wtf else to explain why my bike idles at >3000 since I installed Todd's magic kit...

sounds like you folks down there are lucky to have a good dealer. If he has a brother, send him west (everyone comes west eventually, right?)

cheers
Ian

Let me add to the fawning of Corsa: yes they are excellent: took my 1975 750S3 for a rejetting/tune-up.
Bear in mind these boys weren't born when my S3 was first roaming the streets of London (England). They did their magic, knowledgeable, precise, courteous, reasonably priced.
Thank you Corsa Meccanica.

Back