• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Service warning light on only at high speed

Thanks Todd!

Yes, I didn't mean to hijack the topic. It was about me.

You have a lot to work with now KayJay. If you have any other questions, give a shout out via Private Message. I'll do my best to give you a good answer!
Ohhh. I.C.
Thanks again all!
I am anxious to learn and I rely on the expert help from all of you. I know you spend a great deal of time helping the rest of us who aren't professionals. That alone makes you all special. The Stelvio is to me a once in a lifetime bike and without your help I would have had to sell her a long time ago.

This thread looks like it has the most information of any I've seen on Oil Pressure Switch replacements for the 2009 Stelvio.

Within the thread, there are discussions of the original type switch, the fact that Guzzi changed the switch that they required on the first bikes, requiring an adaptor to the engine case threads, and a Bosch EV-1 to a spade connector.

But the thread being a year or more old where Oil Pressure Switches were being discussed, it LOOKS like MGCYCLE carries an oil pressure switch that's a direct replacement, threads and electric connector, for the stock switch in the Stelvio ....

Is that correct?

Lannis

MG Cycle is the US partner of SteinDinse in Germany, the largest supplier of Italian motorcycles parts there. Anything you see on Stein-Dnse, MG Cycle can also supply it too.

stein-dinse.biz

Yes, they carry that.

9161233C 5BBF 45D0 8DCC E3F0441E4F10

Last edited:
Thanks! I'll order with confidence.

Lannis
I found this with Doc's help: (BMW Engine Oil Pressure Sender Switch Oil Pressure Sensor #12 61 1 730 160) I crossed referenced that to many others here in the U.S. It has the original injector type connector but the hex size is a bit larger. I keep one in my parts box as a spare. Cost: $5.00

I found this with Doc's help: (BMW Engine Oil Pressure Sender Switch Oil Pressure Sensor #12 61 1 730 160) I crossed referenced that to many others here in the U.S. It has the original injector type connector but the hex size is a bit larger. I keep one in my parts box as a spare. Cost: $5.00

Thanks and Uh oh. How MUCH larger is the hex size? I was in the very act of ordering a thin-wall standard-length 21mm socket to go along with my $16 oil pressure switch. Like most folks, my metric sockets only go up to 19mm, so I buy larger sizes one at a time as needed....

I just used your search string to go back and find the original post from this past June. Upon mature reflection, I think I'll unbelt the extra $11 and get the one from MGC .... Thanks, though!

The crankcase breather hoses seem to be in good shape, no splits or oil on them. The only place I found oil, and in fairly copious quantities, was in and around the oil pressure switch, including up in the connector. So that's all been cleaned up now and a few parts on order to replace it.

I'm also getting into the eared crimp connector business. They make for a pretty clean installation, so in addition to using them (as original because space is at a premium inside the tank) on the fuel pump and fuel filter, I'm going to use them on my British bikes, 3 BSAs and a Norton. The screw type or worm gear clamps take up a lot of room and look ugly, and catch your fingers when you're feeling around for the carb tickler. Getting a selection, and a proper install tool. More anon.

Lannis

Last edited:
Thanks and Uh oh. How MUCH larger is the hex size? I was in the very act of ordering a thin-wall standard-length 21mm socket to go along with my $16 oil pressure switch. Like most folks, my metric sockets only go up to 19mm, so I buy larger sizes one at a time as needed....

I just used your search string to go back and find the original post from this past June. Upon mature reflection, I think I'll unbelt the extra $11 and get the one from MGC .... Thanks, though!

The crankcase breather hoses seem to be in good shape, no splits or oil on them. The only place I found oil, and in fairly copious quantities, was in and around the oil pressure switch, including up in the connector. So that's all been cleaned up now and a few parts on order to replace it.

I'm also getting into the eared crimp connector business. They make for a pretty clean installation, so in addition to using them (as original because space is at a premium inside the tank) on the fuel pump and fuel filter, I'm going to use them on my British bikes, 3 BSAs and a Norton. The screw type or worm gear clamps take up a lot of room and look ugly, and catch your fingers when you're feeling around for the carb tickler. Getting a selection, and a proper install tool. More anon.

Lannis

Can't remember how much larger, maybe a mm or 2. It is VERY tight with the larger hex size. Had to use a crow's foot and 3/8" rachet and extension. I had a long talk with Scott the other day and he told e many Guzzi parts are used by Fiat, BMW, Ducati and even Ford. (Well I dare say it's the other way around)...

Jeff

eared crimp connector business

Oetiker clamps. Swiss design. I use them almost daily. Very good stuff indeed.

I have two different clamping tools that can accommodate any angle I need for the approach to the ear. I also have single and double ear clamps.

8B79B34A 5A56 4234 8DA1 30E4EA37AFA2 53DF059B 3BB7 46B8 8F4D 83D24F986BF6

Those are what I want ... it always seems that when I want to put on (or remove) one of those clamps, it's in a tight spot with little clearance.

I don't use Amazon or any of the cheap tool places any more, so I'll look for another source for those. I assume that if I buy a little bin of the clamps, that 1/4", 5/16", and 3/8" will cover most bike applications. And I have ground down an old screwdriver that makes an excellent tool for taking a clamp off without damaging the hose.

Lannis

Those aren’t cheap tools. Those are OEM Oetiker Swiss tools.

Yes. Should have separated the Amazon from the Cheap Tools places. McMaster Carr just put me in the Oetiker clamp business for $80 ... The clamping pliers in your post, a lifetime supply selection of clamps suitable for bike applications, and an organizer.

Lannis

Back