• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Servus from Austria

Ralf Rokita

Just got it firing!
Hi everyone!

I am new on this forum and therefore, i want to introduce myself:
My name is Ralf, 60 years young and driving bikes since 1974, thus 42 years now.
I am merryied and we have sun at the age of 20.

Dont ask me for all the bikes I have had. Currently, I own a BMW G650 XChallenge and since last year a Griso 1200 8V SE.

I work as manager in a company, designing and manufacturing internal combustion engines for 2, 3 and 4 wheel vehicles.

My location is in the heart of the Alpes in Austia (nothing to do with Aussi-land) and have all the greart opportunities for motorcycling in the mountains on curvy roads. Thats what I like most of all!

Currently, I am a little be frustrated about the hugh amount of snow and the cold temperatures (this morning minus 16 deg. C). As mentioned above, I bought the Griso in October last year, as the Griso is not longer sold in Europe due tro the new Euro 4 emission norm and cannot wait for the first rides!

So, I look forward for good and interesting discussions with you in this forum.

Regards and servus to all of you! Ralf Griso

Hi Ralf, first, welcome to the GT Forum and Famiglia. I can't imagine a new purchase and not be able to ride. Spring will be here before you know it.
I have only been in the Salzberg airport, but would love to ride your country. Perhaps one day. You are welcome to come ride here in the warmth all year. Click the rental banner at the top of the screen for more info.

Post often, and enjoy the Griso. Hope you'll add your info to the Registry page as well; https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/griso-registry-picture-thread-add-your-bike.1098/

Hi there Ralf,welcome to the forum. Lots of beautiful places to see in your part of the world especially from a bike.My wife and I were over in the Swiss Alps in 2014 on our motorbikes (V7 Classic and Nevada 750) doing Col d' Liseran,Stelvio . I now have the Breva 750.........nice and light to handle.I envy you, your location....some stunning scenery there!:envy:

Attachments

• The summit of Col de L'iseran.JPG
    The summit of Col de L'iseran.JPG
    131.4 KB · Views: 3
Hi Ralf, first, welcome to the GT Forum and Famiglia. I can't imagine a new purchase and not be able to ride. Spring will be here before you know it.
I have only been in the Salzberg airport, but would love to ride your country. Perhaps one day. You are welcome to come ride here in the warmth all year. Click the rental banner at the top of the screen for more info.

Post often, and enjoy the Griso. Hope you'll add your info to the Registry page as well; https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/griso-registry-picture-thread-add-your-bike.1098/

Hi GT-Rx,
thank's for the warm welcome to the GT Forum.
I tested the Griso in 2014 on the Intermot exhibition in Cologne, Germany. From the first second on, my decision was clear: must have!
What an emotional bike and great feeling on curvy rouds in the mountains.
However, my expectation for my next bike was to have ABS. I spoke to collegues from my at Piaggio and they tol me, that the Griso will be updated for Euro stage 4 (2016). In late spring 2017 I contacted the Guzzi dealer and go the information, that all 1200cc bikes have not been upgraded to Euro 4.
My decision was very easy: better a Griso without ABS than no Griso. I contacted all dealers in Austria to get a new Griso - too late: no new Griso was deliverted to dealers in Austria. I looked for a used Griso - negative too.
In late October last year I found a new Griso at a dealer in Germany :blush: and bought it on the next day.
It needed additional 2 weeks for the approval of all norms for the Austrian type approval authority. Beginn of November I made 2 short tours and then Winter startet in Austria.
I envy you for your location in the sunny California.
That's how it looks like in my home town today. Minus 17 deg Celsius in the morning, a lot of snow but great sunshine.

Attachments

• A_im_imst_001_Imst.jpg
    A_im_imst_001_Imst.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 9
Hi there Ralf,welcome to the forum. Lots of beautiful places to see in your part of the world especially from a bike.My wife and I were over in the Swiss Alps in 2014 on our motorbikes (V7 Classic and Nevada 750) doing Col d' Liseran,Stelvio . I now have the Breva 750.........nice and light to handle.I envy you, your location....some stunning scenery there!:envy:

Hello Alex,
thank's for your welcome to the forum.
So, you have had great experience with our mountains.
By the way, the foto on the left side shows me on my enduro BMW XChallenge in the 8th curve #80 on passo stelvio in Italy from last summer.
By the way, one of my dreams is a bike tour in Scotland. I think the nature there is close to the Tyrolean mountains with one impotant exception: we don't have Scotish whisky :inlove:

Take care, Ralf

Back