• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Side-cut keys

GTM®

Administrator
Staff member
GT di Razza Pura
Newest go to for keys, cutting and programming, is AF1Racing.com

From MPHCycles.com;

I finally found someone who can cut the late style transponder keys.
He can duplicate them, and he can also cut keys from the 4-digit code that came with your spare key from the dealer. You saved that, right?
Zadi codes Z3000-9999 are in his database.
Said he'd be glad to do business via e-mail.

Key blanks are ~$39/each direct from MPH.

See link HERE.

Good news indeed. And then after you get the key you do some kind of magic with your remaining key & the dash to match the new key to the bike, or something like that, right?

guzzibob said:
Good news indeed. And then after you get the key you do some kind of magic with your remaining key & the dash to match the new key to the bike, or something like that, right?

With the user code and one key, you can add the second. The procedure is in the Breva 1100 service manual on page 30 of the PDF file. (The PowerPoint charts that were converted to PDF.) The procedure to add new keys if the lock set is changed is on page 31. One of the important reasons to know your user code. Can't be done without it.

Hmmm, one thing I'm wondering??.. I've never put in a user code, because if I can lock myself out of something I will. :shock: If I would lose the keys, would I be able to get new ones talking to the immobilizer with a default, or *should* I put in a user code?

Chuck in Indiana said:
Hmmm, one thing I'm wondering??.. I've never put in a user code, because if I can lock myself out of something I will. :shock: If I would lose the keys, would I be able to get new ones talking to the immobilizer with a default, or *should* I put in a user code?

Without the user code, you can't add a key. You also need to have one recognized key. See my post above. Also if the immobilizer fails, you can't start the bike without the user code. Be sure to record the user code in your owners manual. Many folks just use the maintenance code as the user code so they only need to remember one number.

ok, thanks for that, John.. I was thinking that the user code was just something to cause me grief if I forgot it.. :D and apparently it is, but I need to put it in anyway.

For my 2007 Norge, I bought an Aprilia key blank from Moto-International in Seattle for $11.50. Here's an online link if you want to see what it looks like. Then I mailed the blank along with my OEM key to Jason at J&B in Texas. Jason cut the key and mailed both of them back. Overall turnaround time using Priority Mail was 7 days. Jason charged me $45 including postage, plus $5 for my postage, plus the cost of the blank, made it $61.50 total. The new key works like a charm in both the ignition and the cases.

Only thing I thought was weird is that I did not need to teach the bike the new key. The Aprilia key blank supposedly has a transponder chip, but I just stuck it in the ignition and started up the bike. Strange.

Anyway, here's a :silly: thumbs up for Jason at J&B.

Hi Gang,

First off, thanks for the business MPH...I'm the locksmith that's mentioned in this thread. Funny, registering for a motorcycle forum membership, when it is beyond my nerves to sit on one, lest it's for work.

Secondly, glad I could help St. Nut. Why your key did not require the immo code to register is rather strange indeed.
Perhaps the new key was introduced to the ignition immediately after a registered key? Some cars will "still see" the transponder for a few seconds after having removed it.

Just so anyone here knows, we can not only cut these keys, but if an immo code is unknown, and you still have one key left, it can be sent to me to duplicate both mechanically and electronically.

Also, for the record, if all keys are lost, you needn't have to replace all locks and cluster on the bike. If you can pull the cluster and ignition lock cylinder and send it to us, we can generate a key and read info from the tacho to get a working key for your bike. Not a $45 job, but much much less than the average replacement costs associated with this scenario.

If anyone needs anything, feel free to contact me via phone or email. (281) 351-5625 or at jandblockandkey@yahoo.com, respectively.

Best Regards,

J&B Lock & Key
Jason Damron
619 West Main St
Tomball, TX 77375
281-351-5625
jandblockandkey at yahoo.com

LockEater said:
Why your key did not require the immo code to register is rather strange indeed.
Perhaps the new key was introduced to the ignition immediately after a registered key? Some cars will "still see" the transponder for a few seconds after having removed it.
Of course, that's exactly what I did. Started my bike with the OEM key. Shut it down then immediately re-started with the Aprilia key. But just went back and tried the Aprilia key again (hours later) and it works fine. No code needed. Weird.

This it the best deal by far.

Those of us with the propensity to do things the hard way purchase a pair of blanks @ $92.00 then found a local locksmith who changes $20 per key to cut the (brass blank) key. The only advantage is you don't send a good key out in the mail. The disadvantage is all the extra time running around (and cost).

Of course you still have to program the key.

The Dealer wanted $ 100 for a pair of keys plus $35 each to cut and program. You pay for the keys, wait a couple of weeks, bring in your bike and leave it for a day.

This goes against my Libertarian side. I'm trying to raise a no dealer maintenance - free range Griso.

Hi guys. I´m thinking of buying a 2008 Giso from a widow.
The bike has been parked for over 6 years since the owner died.
The trouble is that she doesn´t have the keys.
How hard is to get this key work without knowing the transponder code?
Would I have to buy a new ingnition switch with the key or the code is within the ECU?
Thanks for your advise.

Hi guys. I´m thinking of buying a 2008 Giso from a widow.
The bike has been parked for over 6 years since the owner died.
The trouble is that she doesn´t have the keys.
How hard is to get this key work without knowing the transponder code?
Would I have to buy a new ingnition switch with the key or the code is within the ECU?
Thanks for your advise.
You would need to buy the lockset and dash or send out the dash to Carmo in the Netherlands to reset, and they provide new blank keys coded to the dashboard.
In addition to getting it running will be a costly exercise as well.

Agree with Todd.
Unless you are getting this bike at an almost nothing price it will become a bottomless money pit.

Thank u both for the answer. Didin´t know it was so complicated and for sure expensive. Besides the keys, it needs 2 new tires, right front and rear turn lights and for sure other hidden things. May as well offer $1,000 for future project or spare parts for my Stelvio. My rear brake lever is a little bent, this one is intact.

I just had a chat with Ed at AF1 Racing.
He advice me to get only the lockset with its keys.
He said that most people don´t change the code and that is 00000.
Project is getting closer lol.

Hi,
I just got a 2017 MGX-21. It came with just one key and I felt it was unwise not to have a spare. Bought a pair at Vespa of Marietta for $88.19. Filed the key to shape myself with angle and flat files. The bike had 600 miles on it and the User Code hadn’t been set so I entered a User Code and went to settings. Entered Service Code 34534 and chose Change Keys. It requested the new User Code which I entered after which it indicated Key 2 as I had the original key inserted and it displayed a 20 second countdown. I inserted the new key and it accepted it and asked for Key 3. I simply let the counter run out as I haven’t cut the third key yet.

Tried the key and it works perfectly. Hope it’s helpful to someone :)

I'm pretty proud of myself - I just accomplished re-keying side cases on my Norge so that they all open with the ignition key. It isn't really that difficult to do - is this procedure commonly known?

Back