• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Silly question about Breva trans

Duane Beery

Tuned and Synch'ed
Are early Breva750 transmissions 6spd? If so, was there anything wrong with them? Will they bolt on a newer Breva 750? I always feel like my 2007 5spd needs an extra gear between 4 and 5. Just a thought.

Funny, but I read a review on the breva750 and the author/test rider said the 2004-2006 came with a 6spd then in 2007, a 5spd. Maybe he didnt really research the Breva. Fake news!
:)

In my honest opinion, I feel the bike needs an extra gear when passing. In 5th it doesn't have a lot of snap when giving it throttle at 5000 rpms and when i down shift it feels like it's running out of breath at high 60000rpms. It doesn't have a lot of power to begin with so more gears would help distribute the power band. An intermediate gear in between 4th and 5th would make the bike a lot more of a joy to ride. But that's just me.

I am not a small block expert, but as I recall the small block didn't get a 6 speed until well after they stopped making the Breva 750 small block. It can be confusing because the big block Breva had a 6 speed. But as far as I know the small block Breva never did. At least not in the USA.
You might be able to swap in a 6 speed trans from a V7, but it can't imaging it would be worth the effort and cost.
You would be better served by getting your Breva 750 running better. I don't think it should not feel "out of breath" in the 6k rpms range. The one small block I have is just getting going at that point. But it is a different small block.

Thanks for the clarification.

The bike runs as good as can, I'm just used to more powerful motorcycles that's all. 48hp in a 750 cc seems anemic to me. Another 15hp wouldn't hurt. But over all I like the bike, it's a great city bike and country road bike but interstate slab travel its lacking. Thanks.

Back