• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Skid Plate

Twinsport

Tuned and Synch'ed
Im looking at building a skid plate for Marvin (the name my wife came up with for my 2000 Q)
does anyone have any ideas for a skid plate? Im thinking of having it mount on the front engine mount and then off the frame in the back.

I've never seen one on a Q. I looked at the single piece Stucchi Stelvio skid plate, single piece style won't work on the Quota. The front frame mount is a good idea, the bracket would have to be steel to replace the washers in the engine mount bolt assembly. A flat angel with two connection point would work.

The connection to the rear part of the frame rail would be tougher to accomplish because of the exhaust pipes. It may be possible to hang a bracket to the rear connection point using a plate with nuts welded to it to sandwich the frame rail. Hepco Becker used a similar plate to mount their crash-bar. Another option would be to connect to the back side of the brake and shift plates and hang a bracket frame there, but this connection point seem too far back from the sump.

Nuts welded to the mount brackets for the skid plate connection would make an easy on/off for oil filter change. The connection should turn out away from the motor to avoid interfering with the removal of the sump.

I designed a rack made of heavy gauge aluminum plate with a couple of breaks and a few hole for my Breva. There are some pics of it somewhere on the forum, think it was the Stelvio section. Cost about $250. If you're in the SF bay area Motion Motor Sports would be glad to fabricate it. Post some pics and sketches, I may want to do the same on my buddy's Quota (he's hiding it from his wife in my garage), I get to ride it when we go dirt riding.

Good luck,

I actually saw that one. Plans are afoot for something a bit more along the lines of Dirt bike than logging machinery that will allow easy access for the oilpan.

Has anyone successfully re-purposed an existing skid-plate, or have a pattern for one? Save me some design work... Thanks, Dale

Back