Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles® -- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

Slash cut exhaust end caps.

Discussion in 'Cal 1400 8V' started by David Rodríguez, Jul 21, 2017.

1. David Rodríguez

David Rodríguez Just got it firing!

Hello from Spain,
    I recently purchased the polished DPM end caps and I decided to install it by myself in my 2015 Touring . I have a problem, as the caps hit the chrome case bumpers which are right above, specially when the exhaust gets hot and expands. Stainless steel is geting damaged. The instructions say to lower the exhaust by loosening the screws behind the rear footrest, but it doesn't work.
    Any help or ideas?
    Thank you.

2. John L

John L Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Famiglia

I had the same problem with fitting the DPM passenger footboards, they have black covers that fit under the footboards to tidy them up but on my Eldo they foul the mufflers and I can't fit them.

David Rodríguez likes this.
  3. David Rodríguez

4. David Rodríguez

There is less than 5 mm clearance between the cap an the case protector (it is recommended between 10 and 15 mm). I try to lower it by loosening the screws behind the rear footrest but what I get is almost nothing.

5. David Rodríguez

20170722_124456.jpg

Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
  6. John L

John L Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Famiglia

The only thing I can think of David is to elongate the holes in the muffler bracket to allow you to drop the exhaust a little more, I'm thinking on doing that on mine but haven't got around to it yet.

7. David Rodríguez

Thank you John, that´s just what I was thinking to do, probably is the only solution. I wonder if it is a good idea with a Dremel. A little worried to increase weakness in that part. I hope there is enought room to make it safe. Its incredible having to do this in such a expensive part. If I have time to do it I will send photos.

John L likes this.