Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles®-- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

Small block picture thread

Discussion in 'Small Block' started by Holt, Jan 12, 2009.

1. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Mal, great shot but you're riding on the wrong side of the road! :silly:

rossw, nice, welcome!

2. rossw

rossw Cruisin' Guzzisti

Some more pics of my V750ie Breva after a wash(Decent camera this time). I think those crash bars are Nevada ones fitted backwards.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. johnk

johnk Just got it firing!

I went on a group ride over the weekend and ended up taking some pictures of my V50 mutant hot rod.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The other bike in these photos has bodywork made by the same guy. We were taking these to send to him.

johnk

4. patrick

patrick Tuned and Synch'ed

After about 14 years on big blocks, I am about to suppliment the Jackal with a 750 Targa.
    The deal is done the bike is paid for, I collect it on Sunday. Kid with a new toy time.
    Here are the Ebay Pics, possibly better later. I think it was a snip at £770, it is even better live than the pics, doesn't look like a 20 year old bike.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I know little about small blocks, but I expect it to be lighter and handle even better on back roads.
    I am guessing at a maintainable motorway cruising speed of 80-85mph.
    First priority is to find ways of loading camping gear on it, if it has to be sofy luggage, so be it.

5. MZ Mark

MZ Mark Just got it firing!

That looks like a real bargain, good for you! My V7 Classic will happily cruise at any speed up to 95 MPH, I am sure your new bike will easily cruise at 85. Compared tot eh Spada I got rid of, the small block is a bit busier engine wise but is also much lighter. I love mine.

6. edec

edec Tuned and Synch'ed

MZ Mark, do you also have an MZ motorcycle? I love mine.
    Ed

7. MZ Mark

MZ Mark Just got it firing!

I have a garage full of MZs, just the one Guzzi. I'm pleased you like your MZ, but mine are the older 2 stroke variety, the newest is 1977.

8. patrick

patrick Tuned and Synch'ed

I used to ride an MZ 2 stroke. I loved it, ugly, but so effective. It was reliable and spares were dirt cheap. I later had one of the more modern 2 strokes, it wasn't in the same class, much peakier.

9. Chriso

Chriso Just got it firing!

I've had the bike since new. 1985. All mods done. Runs terrific.

Attached Files:

10. beemer

beemer Tuned and Synch'ed

now that's really nice. I like it.

Beemer

11. IceBlue

IceBlue Tuned and Synch'ed

A couple of my geese.

Saluti ;)

Attached Files:

12. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Nice guys, keep them coming and be sure to register them under the Registry tab at the top. If you have any problems in doing so, contact me direct.

Compressor project from RocketGarage.com (no other info), enjoy.

[​IMG]

13. Epoy

Epoy Just got it firing!

My Breva 750. :)

Attached Files:

14. B-rad

B-rad Just got it firing!

This is how I roll. I ride the vespa to feel fast, and I ride the Guzzi to go fast!! :lol:

Attached Files:

15. IceBlue

IceBlue Tuned and Synch'ed

Looks like the one Jörg Hess from Motobox in Germany is working on.

16. Holt

Holt High Miler GT Contributor

Nice, Danilo.

You don't filter much, do you? :whistle:

17. Danilo_Gurovich

Danilo_Gurovich Tuned and Synch'ed

Nah, I like to think it's provoking the reader to draw their own conclusions about my writing; it may mean different things to different people. I don't think I can be honest in my opinions if I hold everything back.

I like the position it gives me in now, it's practical for the street and definitely gets weight onto the front tires. I believe a 50 year-old dude with a paunch would look like a clown with clubmans or clip-ons (like I do when on the Parilla). Riding lower than this is fine for some, but on the street it's not that practical. Here in the Midwest there are too many people trying to knock you off your bike, or you've gotta ride a few hours to get to roads that "matter". I had an ST2 that I put more than 100 miles a day on for about 8 months, and my arms are finally recovered 4 years later.

I'll be installing some rearsets in the next month or so, maybe re-lacing the rims with something alloy as soon as the tires are finished, and adding some goodies and mods that Ed has done simply because he is extremely trustworthy (and probably filters even less). Paint, too. The white was cool when it came out -- time to get the HVLP gun...

In the mean time there's that white Aermacchi frame in the background of the pic that needs to have bits bolted too it.

18. Rick_in_WA

Rick_in_WA Just got it firing!

my newest....stock unmolested v50II.. more fun than a drunk fat girl on prom night
    tips? advice?

Attached Files:

19. russthebiker

russthebiker Just got it firing!

I have owned my Breva for nine years now, I lost it for two years due to a mechanic messing me about I managed to recover all of it and had the bike rebuilt by Nigel at NBS
    since then its completed a fw more long distance trips
    powerwise its just right for me, I am no Rossi I just want to travel and absorb the world around me
    here goes for a picture
    regards russell

Attached Files:

20. thundergroin

thundergroin Just got it firing!

My 1st Guzzi-'04 Breva.

Attached Files: