• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Snorkel question and fuel filter result

VictorScot

Tuned and Synch'ed
GT Contributor
Stock 2013 Norge. I'm taking the tank off today and replacing the original fuel filter, and while I'm at it what if I removed the airbox snorkel? I'm not expecting more power, but would enjoy more induction sound. I don't ride in the rain if I can avoid it (which is not hard here in SoCal). Thoughts?

Sure pop it off if you wish, it is your bike, & check the air filter while there. The bottom of tank has a piece of foam & mylar type stuff as an insulation for heat. This stuff deteriorates over time and may travel into the airbox even with snorkel. Aprilia makes a foil that goes under their tanks that holds up.

Last edited:
I have work to do on my 2012 Norge, new to me this Sept (Oil Pressure sensor being the suspected culprit). Can someone experienced in Guzzi Goodness suggest what else I could just replace on a 10 year old Norge while tank/airbox will be off; like air filter… and the insulation Steve noted above?

Things that will go wrong that I can circumvent now while I’ll have it opened up. Cracked Oil Return Hoses seem to be a reoccurring example of one of these things to face eventually - and etc.

(Winter finally arrived here only last week, so I have plenty of time for things until end of March launch! time).

Last edited:
I have work to do on my 2012 Norge, new to me this Sept (Oil Pressure sensor being the suspected culprit). Can someone experienced in Guzzi Goodness suggest what else I could just replace on a 10 year old Norge while tank/airbox will be off, (like the insulation Steve noted above)?

Things that will go wrong that I can circumvent now while I’ll have it opened up. Cracked Oil Return Hoses seem to be a reoccurring example of one of these things to face eventually - and etc.

(Winter finally arrived here only last week, so I have plenty of time for things until end of March launch! time).
Turned out my fuel filter is all metal. Probably changed somewhere along the line. My bike wasn't sold until 2015 so perhaps GP Motorcycles (the seller) changed it. It has less than 5,000 miles at this point and interestingly the foam under the tank looks fine. I ended up leaving the snorkel alone, lol.
At some point I too will need to replace that oil sender. I'm reading here that the breather hoses going to the head can crack and there's an o-ring style gasket that seals the breathers to the head/valve cover. I'll be looking at those as well. I'll also be deleting the charcoal evap canister at that time and making sure the ends where it feeds the throttle bodies are plugged. I'm a newbie but I hope this helps.
Scotty

Attachments

• tempImage9beDDG.png
    tempImage9beDDG.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 17
  • tempImageBUNOyQ.png
    tempImageBUNOyQ.png
    1,011 KB · Views: 17
  • tempImagecFqokx.png
    tempImagecFqokx.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 17
Thanks for pointing out these bits n’ pieces Scotty, very much appreciated.🤙🏼 Yes your motorcycle is still looking clean and fairly new. Probably A1 on leaving the snorkel alone. I’ll have to read about the charcoal canister for those two hoses from the tank… (I figured they were just venting hoses as on my other bikes).

This Norge has 73,200 kms /45,537 miles (2,800/1739 by me Sept to Oct when the oil seep began) so, think it’s a good point in its life to make things that are due to ‘run out’, new as I can while under there over the winter. (Luckily still had just enough rubber left on the VStrom to finish available riding Oct to mid Nov - our first snow arrived the following day😎)

Last edited:
As far as I remember, they didn’t.

That is a solution discovered by people like Todd, upon seeing the numerous failures of those insane hybrid plastic/metal filters where the plastic swelled and ruptured.

The all metal filter became common knowledge on the internet.

The correct SUBMERSIBLE FUEL HOSE is an absolute MUST USE. There is no substitute or way around this.

Last edited:
Back