• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

SoCal Fires

I had no idea fires were close till I saw the reporter in Malibu. Been out running errands today.
Wishing I could send this rain here to you.

Todd, we flew over to Malibu on the fire this afternoon and was thinking about you. I think I remember your place was further to the east? Hope you are well and your place is ok. We were snorkeling water out of the pool at Malibu High School and dropping on houses.
We’ll be out there again tomorrow. Stay safe.

Todd, we flew over to Malibu on the fire this afternoon and was thinking about you. I think I remember your place was further to the east? Hope you are well and your place is ok. We were snorkeling water out of the pool at Malibu High School and dropping on houses.
We’ll be out there again tomorrow. Stay safe.
Man, well I’ve been thinking about you as well! We’re in Big Rock now... a few hundred feet above PCH. So far so good.
Godspeed to everyone fighting the fires... thank you all. Wish I could be in the seat beside you helping. I’ll give you a ride on 01 as a thanks when this is all over.

That’s the beauty of our system of mutual aid response in California Todd. If your neighbor is in trouble you go.

On the initial attack we were flying with LA County, LA City, Ventura County, Santa Barbara County. Some of these guys I’ve flown with for over 30 years, and to a man they’d risk it all to come help. It’s a good group of guys.

The wind and turbulence were so bad it had all of the Forest Service helicopters grounded. I couldn’t figure out why they were all sitting on the ground while we were hot fueling and going back out. I think we logged 9 hours of flight in day operations and another 6 hours of NVG just on our helicopter.

Same thing on the ground with strike teams of engines, dozers and crews.

Hopefully tonight’s wind event doesn’t happen. Glad you are safe and I think you would have enjoyed sitting in the left seat yesterday.

Last edited:
That’s the beauty of our system of mutual aid response in California Todd. If your neighbor is in trouble you go.

On the initial attack we were flying with LA County, LA City, Ventura County, Santa Barbara County. Some of these guys I’ve flown with for over 30 years, and to a man they’d risk it all to come help. It’s a good group of guys.

The wind and turbulence were so bad it had all of the Forest Service helicopters grounded. I couldn’t figure out why they were all sitting on the ground while we were hot fueling and going back out. I think we logged 9 hours of flight in day operations and another 6 hours of NVG just on our helicopter.

Same thing on the ground with strike teams of engines, dozers and crews.

Hopefully tonight’s wind event doesn’t happen. Glad you are safe and I think you would have enjoyed sitting in the left seat yesterday.
I absolutely would’ve!
I really appreciate your posts, as we are getting little to no information on TV or any of the related websites. Social media feeds all are false rumors mostly. Hope everyone gets a litle breather today. Seems the winds are calm this morning.

I think that puts you down in the lower right by DP 5-2. Any of the red line with hash marks is unsecured.
Launching aircraft to that area now.
Got the GTrx shirt on so you should be ok
Saddle Peak is near our old house, I think we are outside of the blue dotted area to the right side.
Shirt: Rock on! The force is with you!

DD97AF8C FAC7 44F5 83A4 45084A1A0D9E

Todd,

Be safe saw terrible story about people caught in cars unable to escape. I deal with a strong storm now and then but fire, I couldn't imagine. I have one friend out there and I hope she is ok too.
Take care, I hope you and yours are safe and out of there.

This is Guadalupe River Park in San Jose, CA, on Saturday morning, Nov 10:

31946144248_6220aa938e_o_d.jpg

Just look at all the smoke in the sky! And it's over two hundred miles from the Chico-Paradise "Camp Fire"!

Just look at all the smoke in the sky! And it's over two hundred miles from the Chico-Paradise "Camp Fire"!
Ugh. Wish they had a dislike button. Sad to see and hear about, even though we're living through it here as well.

Flew some nvgs doing water drops in Malibu Canyon this morning Todd. Just some flare ups but nothing substantial. As we were watching the sun rise over LA from Pepperdine University (we were snorkeling out of their ponds on the front lawn) my copilot remarked that this must be one of the few places where you can watch the sun rise and set over the water from the same beach.

AACE5247 D493 4B46 B042 C73F098D55B0

Fire hasn’t progressed east of Malibu Canyon. Big Rock looks safe. Was strange to fly over Malibu at night and see it pitch black. The 230kV lines from Thousand Oaks side look like they got nuked.

Flew some nvgs doing water drops in Malibu Canyon this morning Todd. Just some flare ups but nothing substantial. As we were watching the sun rise over LA from Pepperdine University (we were snorkeling out of their ponds on the front lawn) my copilot remarked that this must be one of the few places where you can watch the sun rise and set over the water from the same beach.
Fire hasn’t progressed east of Malibu Canyon. Big Rock looks safe. Was strange to fly over Malibu at night and see it pitch black. The 230kV lines from Thousand Oaks side look like they got nuked.
Thanks so much for the update (and pic!). It's a slice of heaven here, I'm very fortunate for sure. Ahhh... Blackness is simply amazing to hear. The norm for us.
I can only imagine what the Valley side looks like, and yet again majorly bummed to here this was likely (yet again) started by the power company. Seems the norm these days, and it sucks for everyone (you included!). Chat again soon!

Updated pilot’s map. About 100k acres. Activity is all on the west side running towards Point Magu. Burning in the old Springs Fire burn area.

A94B08F4 EF17 470B 9746 CB7B66B72B2E

Updated pilot’s map. About 100k acres. Activity is all on the west side running towards Point Magu. Burning in the old Springs Fire burn area.
Thanks a ton for the continuing posts! The only way I'm getting information. All of SoCal's thoughts are with you guys.

That sucks Todd. I’m going to forward you a couple of emails from my sister. She lost her place in the Tubbs Fire in Santa Rosa last year. Please pass the information to any friends that lost their places. It details lessons learned in dealing with insurance companies and the federal bureaucracy. Her in-laws lost 5 homes in Paradise last week so she’s up helping them thru the trauma.

I’ll try and cut and paste them here. They’ll work for hurricanes, tornadoes and all the other crazy natural disasters we are dealing with.

Back