Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - we've been proud to harbor such wonderful Guzzisti camaraderie since 2005, for FREE. Times have changed, and so have the attitudes and expectations of far too many. Starting Jan 1, 2020, we will likely be shifting to a paid to participate format. You will still be able to read for free. This should alleviate all of the negativity that the free social media channels have created. If you are a donor or customer of ours, you're in, just use the Contact tab above if your account is not already promoted, or you can Upgrade your account once signed in. Or the Donate tab above is another option. We look forward to continuing this service to the Guzzi community, but it is not cheap or easy to host and maintain. We wish you the best for the Holidays and in the New Year.

Sound system for Cali installed

Discussion in 'Cal 1400 8V' started by Burak Ataman, Jun 20, 2015.

1. Burak Ataman

Burak Ataman Just got it firing!

Hello Riders;

Today I got a great sound system installed on my 2014 California 1400. The installation took around 3.5 hours and was professionally done by Drivenaudio in Abbotsford, British Columbia Canada. The total cost including taxes was $1200.00 Canadian, about $970.00 US$
    The speakers are from Kicker audio: http://www.kicker.com/40PSM32
    The amplifier is from Kenwood KAC-M1824BT. It is a bluetooth system with line inputs and outputs. Has also a USB charging port for the phone. I use also a Garmin zumo 590. I have connected the RCA line out to the line in of the Kennwood unit. So I can switch back and fort GPS and Music. Great sound on the road even at 80 mph. So happy.

Attached Files:

Tom Hart likes this.
  2. Longrider

Longrider Tuned and Synch'ed GT Famiglia

Nice! Are the external components waterproof? (I don't mean submersible; just heavy rain and the like.)

3. Burak Ataman

Burak Ataman Just got it firing!

The speakers and the remote control for the amplifier are waterproof but not the amplifier itself which is mounted in the right saddlebag.

mikeaedmonds likes this.
  4. MikeBike

MikeBike Tuned and Synch'ed

This is just what I've been dreaming about. Thanks for posting Burak.

5. MikeBike

MikeBike Tuned and Synch'ed

One question Burak; in photo #3656, does that remote control on the handlebar come with the mounting hardware? Also, I bought one of those cup holders but it seems there's no place on the bars to make it fit and useable. Do you have the stock bars? Oh, I see you have the touring model, more room on the bars for "stuff".

Last edited: Jun 28, 2015
  6. Little Don

Little Don Tuned and Synch'ed GT Contributor

Word of warning: There have been a number of posts about the saddlebags leaking!

MikeBike likes this.