• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Spare Parts in the Future

Pete BoBeet

Cruisin' Guzzisti
GT Famiglia
I searched the forums, so if this idea has been floated before please redirect me! As my 2014 California Touring bike gets older, and as everyone's bikes get older, we may be facing difficulties finding parts. It occurred to me that it would be convenient if each model-specific forum had one running list of parts and numbers and sources that work equally well or better when the original parts need to be replaced. For example, in different forum threads I have seen recommendations for using the Bosch 3330 oil filter instead of the OEM filter, or using Castrol Edge 10w60 fully synthetic oil (not for wet clutches!) instead of harder to find and often much more expensive "motorcycle/JASO rated" 10w60. I have found several parts substitutes on the site already (example, replacement clutch or brake levers, or aftermarket headlight bulbs versus stock), and some have mentioned parts from other model Moto Guzzi motorcycles that are equivalent to those on my particular model. If a forum for each specific model (please) were to have a running go-to list, by part description, of absolutely tried and true replacement items with enough information to do a Google search to find them, we might save some time and money in the not-too-distant future and keep our machines running. If somebody posts something about a part that worked for them, say "Part X", and somebody else replies to that one and says "this one I used was a direct replacement for Part X", well, what if?

I searched the forums, so if this idea has been floated before please redirect me!
This was the basis of how this site started, see the Archive (tab above); https://archive.guzzitech.com/
If someone wants to take on this task, I'm happy to pin the topic in each category. For now, as you've done, a search in each section will likely get you the answer. Some items simply will not have a crossover. Where there's a problem, there's typically a solution... which is also what I've been doing to help for the last decade or so... provided people don't constantly link people away from this site. ;)

This was the basis of how this site started, see the Archive (tab above); https://archive.guzzitech.com/
If someone wants to take on this task, I'm happy to pin the topic in each category. For now, as you've done, a search in each section will likely get you the answer. Some items simply will not have a crossover. Where there's a problem, there's typically a solution... which is also what I've been doing to help for the last decade or so... provided people don't constantly link people away from this site. ;)
Thank you. This amazing site...the deeper you go the more there is. Good Lord, Man, how have you made the time for this?! As far as anyone taking on this task...any volunteers with expertise in this sort of thing?

Thank you. This amazing site...the deeper you go the more there is. Good Lord, Man, how have you made the time for this?! As far as anyone taking on this task...any volunteers with expertise in this sort of thing?
Welcome. It was a hobby that started as your thought process is, and it took over my life. ;)
I walked away from being an Architect and home builder in favor of my third generational passion. That's why I get so frustrated when people try and undermine and belittle my efforts here.
Thanks for the note on parts seekers to have a look on the STORE tab above. Happens so little. Appreciated.
I've given the platform here to have the info, and I'm happy to organize. I spend all of my time these days making parts and running my shop in addition to nearly personally handling every order and all questions I get via email, which hovers between 500~1000/day with replies.

Since my initial post and question, I've given a lot of thought to the notion of having a separate thread with a running list of replacement parts (e.g., oil filters, clutch levers, etc., etc.,) so everything could be in one place and I did not have to search multiple posts to find what I was looking for. But really...I search the site and, even if it takes a while, I find what I'm looking for, and if I can't seem to find it, then somebody gets back to me with the answer. I find out a LOT by reading all the posts and commentary, and I would miss out on all that if I just had a laundry list. So, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." I thank you, Todd, for this site, and I thank everybody who contributes to making it a swell place to hang out.

Back