Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles®-- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

Speedo goes full tilt and odometer adds more miles than driven!!!!

Discussion in 'V7/V85/V9 Chat & Tech' started by Nashou66, Jul 25, 2020.

1. Nashou66

Nashou66 Just got it firing!

I had an issue today that made me stop riding my 2014 V7 Racer.

I noticed my speedometer went to full speed limit and the odometer
    was adding miles at a rate of 1 mile per 2 seconds more or less. I went for a 13 mile ride and it added over 300 miles to my odometer!!!

I pulled over disconnected the battery for a few minutes but it came back after a mile or so.
    Stoped for some Steamed clams and then short ride home from there it was fine.

What the hell was going on and has anyone else experienced this?

Athanasios

2. V700Steve

V700Steve High Miler GT di Razza Pura

Now that is interesting, haven't heard of one before yours. I would have a dealer plug it in to show faults.

Well, looked deeper into book, looks like you have a speed sensor. That should be it, maybe.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2020
  3. Nashou66

Thats what Im hoping. The dealer I got it from doesn't carry Guzzis anymore. Not sure if I trust thier techs now. Its been few years since they stoped flooring their models.

I'll have to investigate some more.

I guess there is no way to remove that milage is there?

Athanasios

4. Raven

Raven Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Famiglia

No. It's really a drop in the bucket. If you continue to ride it though miles could begin to add up to something worth worrying about.

5. V700Steve

I would try rebooting the dash, unplug & clean connector. Clean speed sensor and plug connector. Check Ohm reading on sensor.

6. Nashou66

How do you gp about rebooting the dash?

Nashou

7. Nashou66

I just tested the voltage while the wheel was lifted and ran it for about 5-10 minutes and was getting voltage
    on my DMM. Also i have the continuity between the pins designated in the SM.

I guess next step is to hook my oscilloscope and see if the square wave is there.

So maybe disconnection and reconnecting the plug a few times might have helped ?

Athanasios

8. V700Steve

It reboots after battery disconnect, Disconnecting the plug is good, I would have use some DeOxit cleaner spray also.

9. DeadEye

DeadEye Cruisin' Guzzisti

Did you try and simple Stop / Start after you noticed it ?
    Very Odd some, just some Computer Glitch.

10. Nashou66

V700Steve suggestion of disconnecting the speed sensor and cleaning it worked . went for a short 25 mile ride and no issues. lets hope that was the fix.

Athanasios

subin and john zibell like this.