Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. The site owner Todd is undergoing surgery today, and will be offline for possibly a day or so. Thanks for the understanding and patience.
  2. There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to a PRODUCT or other competing website(s), this includes personal pages, social media or other Forums. We work very hard to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. Sorry to have to do this, but we don't have the time to chase these. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see our online STORE link above; GTM product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.

Speedometer upgrade on Griso 1100

Discussion in 'Griso-Bella Chat & Tech' started by Deniss Kleptsov, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Deniss Kleptsov

Deniss Kleptsov Just got it firing!

Hello there,
    planning to refresh the exterior of my Griso during this winter, but it seems I'm stock already on a planning stage. :)

The initial plan was to upgrade the bike with Motogadgett accessories, but then I hear that it is impossible to change the original speedo unit for any other. Or at least it is a pain in an ass to go through this process. Is it so?

A side question is, what am I loosing by changing clocks? As an example, if there will be some problem with a bike, will it be possible to read error codes in the service center?

With best,
    Denis

2. kiwi dave

kiwi dave GT Reference

What's the motivation for changing? Is your existing speedo shagged?

3. Deniss Kleptsov

Just esthetic purpose, I like it when it is slim and not bulky. I'm not chasing cafe racer look, but clocks seem too big for this bike.

4. Brian UK

Brian UK GT Reference

Have you tried just unplugging the dash completely and seeing if the bike will start and run? The 1100 Breva will.

If it does, then you can do what you like.

5. GTM®

GTM® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

You are positive on this?
    The Griso/Stelvio 1200 will not. I should be able to test a Griso 11 soon. I don't think this is the case with these as the key communicates with the dash then ECU for the security "immobilizer."

6. Deniss Kleptsov

Yeap, that is exactly what I hear before. It seems like I am the only one who is looking for a workaround.

7. Bisbonian

Bisbonian Cruisin' Guzzisti

I think plenty of people looked for a workaround before, at one point there were many, well at least some, reports of dash failures that led to people looking for a replacement.
    In the end I think everyone got a new dash or got their existing one repaired rather than try to adapt something aftermarket.

8. Deniss Kleptsov

Okay, so over the time, we tried this and that, and unfortunately, I have to confirm that there is no information that it is possible to disable security immo. :(

9. GTM®

GTM® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

I have since found that most of the 5AM/CARC Guzzis will in fact start and run OK with the dashboard unplugged.

tobinh likes this.