RentAGuzzi Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest, We've completed the split of this website from our custom bike builds and products to our sister site; GTMotoCycles.com. You may need a new username and password to get into the new GTM Store system - pending and past order info is available there. GuzziTech.com is now a secure site (https), and may require you to sign in again using your same password. We are back to our origins here with the Forum and Resources only. As always, zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free - be courteous. For those who are new here, the owner of this site (Todd - GT-Rx) has been immersed in Guzzis since 1999. He's raced and wrenched for two-thirds of his life, both Pro dirt-track and road-race, and contributed to Cycle World Magazine 2000-2007. He began Guzzi dyno performance modifying and fuel tuning in 2001, and has been wrenching them full time since 2007. His GT MotoCycles Performance and Service workshop has been open for ~4 years in Orange, CA. We do not have a phone number for this site or GTM, we're online only... do not ask us to call you. Click on the Service tab above for more info or to book an appointment -- it is not a retail shop to visit. If you're in L.A., you can come sample our work with our rental fleet - click the image link above. In a few short years GuzziTech.com will hit the 20 year mark of providing advice and tech tips for free. Understand that this is a privately paid for website, not a free social media platform littered with ads to help pay for it. Donations appreciated via the Account upgrade (see Site Support section below) or the Donate tab above, which unlocks all of the content here along with the Classifieds, Ask the Wrench sections and our seasonal discount notices. Thank you for all of the continued support and contributions.

Spine Registry & Pic Thread

Discussion in 'Spine' started by GT-Rx®, Dec 30, 2009.

1. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member

This section had none, so it was time... enjoy. Post your VIN# and related on this thread, and I'll add it to below:

MGS-01:

VIN#ZGULRRA004M10009 - Adrian Dunham - Mangatawhiri, Auckland NZ - D.O.P. 07.15 - Pics HERE
    VIN#ZGULRRA004M10010 - Robin G. Sharman (aka GuzzBun) - Derby, England - D.O.P. ? - Pics
    VIN#ZGULRRA004M10041 - Jim Henderson (aka Helicopter Jim) - Chilliwack, BC - D.O.P. ? - Pic
    VIN#ZGULRRA004M10043 - Adrian Dunham - Mangatawhiri, Auckland NZ - D.O.P. ?
    VIN#ZGULRRA004M10051 - Marty Burks (aka Quattrovalvole) - Northern, CA - D.O.P. ? - Comments/Pics
    VIN#ZGULRRA004M10088 - Adrian Dunham - Mangatawhiri, Auckland NZ - D.O.P. ? - Pic HERE

V11S:

V11LM:

Centauro:

VIN#ZGUKKAKK7VM111679 - @scottmastrocinque - Findlay, OH - D.O.P. 1.6.17 - Pics HERE

Daytona - RS:

1100 Sport carb & 1100i:

VIN#ZGUKEAKEXTM100142 - Andreas Boehme @MedicAndy - Willow Spring, NC, USA - D.O.P. 12.16 - Pics HERE
    VIN#ZGUKEAKE1TM100174 - Paul C. @blakbird - Alpharetta, GA, USA - D.O.P. 4.13. Pic to follow
    VIN#ZGUKFAKF2VM111709 - Andreas Boehme - Willow Spring, NC - D.O.P. 11.16
    VIN#ZGUKFAKFATM111777 - Peter Carr - Brisbane AUS - D.O.P. 10.96
    VIN#ZGUKFAKFXVM112073 - Andreas Boehme - Willow Spring, NC - D.O.P. 01.17
    VIN#ZGUKFAKF9VM112095 - Alan Mayes - Tullahoma, TN, USA - D.O.P. 09.16
    VIN#ZGUKFAKF4VM112439 - Andreas Boehme - Willow Spring, NC - D.O.P. 7.16
    VIN#ZGUKFAKF5VM112448 - Fire/Salvaged - O.O. ? - 1.17 - N.C.

Me on the MGS-01 at Barber Motorsports Park;

[​IMG]

Forum member Phillipe D's 1100 Sport Hack & Co;

PhillipeDSp11Hack.jpg

Last edited: May 20, 2017
  2. GuzziMoto

GuzziMoto GT Reference GT Contributor

Sure rub it in that you were riding my bike. I hope you were taking good care of it.
    That side car rig is a trip. I have a Daytona that I want to turn into a old fashioned cafe bike.
    Maybe I should forget that idea and go with a side car rig.

3. GrahamNZ

GrahamNZ High Miler

And here was me thinking I'd escaped from the spine-framed models! Bikes with "interesting" handling when negotiating bumps at higher speeds. like over 180kph.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. WitchCityBallabio

WitchCityBallabio Cruisin' Guzzisti

My beloved Ballabio...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. RJVB

RJVB GT Reference

I was going to ask if that was you on the V11, but the image filename answered the question ... unless you were that boy called Sue ;)

6. GrahamNZ

GrahamNZ High Miler

RJVB

The woman on my bike is Sue, a friend of mine.

7. GrahamNZ

GrahamNZ High Miler

[​IMG]
    The starting point of Guzzi ownership. The bike was delivered to my home in a crate. Just as well, because if I'd ridden it the 700km from shop to home I'd never have made it - faulty battery and relays.

8. Daniel Kalal

Daniel Kalal Cruisin' Guzzisti

With that one as the beginning, it'll all be downhill from here, but here's mine (in front of a Kansas bank):
    [​IMG]

9. Billd

Billd Tuned and Synch'ed

Dan , really like your Daytona, is it a 1993? I have one very much like it. How long have you owned it and do you ride it much? What mods are on the bike? Sorry for all the questions but have always had a soft spot for the Daytonas.

10. Daniel Kalal

Daniel Kalal Cruisin' Guzzisti

Every Daytona 1000 in the US is a 1993 model. I've had it since new. Mods? Not many: exhaust (staintune), stacks and pods, P8 chip, rear tire fender (a must). Problems? Very few, but I've recently changed out the gears to chain after the rather serious problem of a shattered oil pump giming gear. The thing only has around 30,000 miles; I don't ride it nearly as much as I used to (or I'd like to).

It is an enjoyable thing to ride, but isn't the best touring bike Guzzi has made. This is what the touring package looks like (that small pouch on the bars) when I take it out for a ride of more than one day:

[​IMG]

11. RJVB

RJVB GT Reference

That's a very nice pic .... speed's to the left on a road curving to the right :)

12. rocker59

rocker59 Cruisin' Guzzisti

13. Moto510

Moto510 Cruisin' Guzzisti

Here's my slightly modified 96 Sport carb
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. GuzziMoto

GuzziMoto GT Reference GT Contributor

Very nice. I am slowly fixing up a '93 Daytona as you may know that needs a bit of work like the forks and an oil leak corrected. I am also considering making it a cafe bike as well, but I don't want to butcher it so I am focusing on doing it in a bolt off/bolt on way. My replacement GSXR forks will have a top clamp with handle bar mounts and I want to replace the fairing with the twin headlights as you did. I am torn on this all as I find the bike beautiful as is but I am not sure I can ride it as far as I want with the stock bars position. Raising the bars is limited by the fairing so it may have to go. But if I do this right I will always be able to go back so it's ok. I also want a more extreme exhaust set up, hopefully a two into one. And eventually I want to convert it to wire spoke wheels. But first I need to get it running again with no leaks, from the fork seals or engine/trans. Funny thing is the friend I bought it from took good care of it but it still needs a bit of work. Any way, I like what you did with yours. What did you use for a speedo? Your mirrors seem functional but out of place. Is that an Aztec head light set up?

15. Moto510

The speedo/tach is a Acewell 2803 with S4 cable from http://www.Electrosport.com and the headlight is from http://www.flyncycle.com/ but you can get the same headlight from a bunch of different people. Electrosport sells it too, even a HID model, but I already had one when I ordered the speedo. If you become their facebook friend you can then put in "FACEBOOKFAN" coupon on their website and get 10% off. I made the headlight mount from some scrap headlight ears and some aluminum strap since I didn't want to pay $100 or more for a headlight mount.
    I
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Moto510

different tail and exhaust experiment
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. GT-Rx®

I like it! Nice.

Below is David A's/JediOne G&B Pro Thunder Racer. Just revived after his "Agricultural experimentation" at Laguna Seca. Enjoy.

DAGBPT-1.jpg DAGBPT-2.jpg DAGBPT-3.jpg

Last edited: Aug 27, 2014
  18. GT-Rx®

Our LA friend Pavel's recent 1100 Sport-i resto;

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mr paul Wilson and MedicAndy like this.
  19. zygoteu

zygoteu Just got it firing!

Thats a really beautiful job - i assume you've removed the cush drive?

May I ask - where did you get the muffler, also the left switch block?

Very nice!
    regards
    Ragman
    ;)

20. Tassie Mike

Tassie Mike Tuned and Synch'ed GT Famiglia GT Contributor

Taswegia, the best riding country in the world.
    Oh my giddy aunt!
    That is SPECTACULAR!
    Thanks for sharing it.