RentAGuzzi Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest, Welcome to the GT Forum! GuzziTech is now back to our origins; We hope you enjoy the Guzzi Global Community Forum here. NEW REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - AND PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: If you are posting on numerous sites on the web, please stop back and follow up. There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free - be courteous. Note all of our products and custom bike builds are now on our sister site; GTMotoCycles.com - Store tab above. You need a different username and password to get into the new GTM Store system - pending and past order info is available there. NOTE: We are not Amazon, we are a tiny one man operation with several business going at once - Sign into the Store to check on orders before contacting us. Thanks for your patience on orders. For those who are new here, the owner of this site (Todd - GT-Rx®) has been immersed in Guzzis since 1999. He's raced and wrenched for two-thirds of his life, both Pro dirt-track and road-race, and contributed to Cycle World Magazine from 2000~2007. He began Guzzi dyno performance modifying and fuel tuning in 2001, and has been wrenching them full time since 2007. His GT MotoCycles workshop has been open for ~4 years in Orange, CA. We do not have a phone number for this site or GTM, we're online only... do not ask us to call you. Click on the Service tab above for more info or to book an appointment -- it is not a retail shop to visit. If you're in L.A., you can come sample our work via our rental fleet - click the image link above. In a few short years GuzziTech.com will hit the 20 year mark of providing advice and tech tips for free. Understand that this is a privately paid for website, not a free social media platform littered with ads to help pay for it. Donations appreciated via the Account upgrade (see Site Support section below) or the Donate tab above, which unlocks all of the content here along with the Classifieds, Ask the Wrench sections and our Seasonal discount notices. Thank you for all of the continued support and contributions.

Spine Registry & Pic Thread

Discussion in 'Spine' started by GT-Rx®, Dec 30, 2009.

1. farmboy460

farmboy460 Tuned and Synch'ed

Can you make that into a trunk lid do that you can have access to the toolkit etc.

2. MedicAndy

MedicAndy Tuned and Synch'ed

I finally, thanks to eBay, added the last missing "Nero" color to my now seven bike 1100 Sport collection. This 1997 Sporti has only 1388 miles on the clock, so I'm not sure yet on what I am going to do with this bike. This could possible be the lowest milage 1100 Sport in existence, or at least close to one of the lowest milage ones! This bike is like a new 21 year old bike, absolutely beautiful. I sold my 85 LeMans last week, because I wanted to buy a 93 Daytona versus this 97 Sporti, but I decided at the end to stick with the bikes I'm getting to know pretty good, versus adding something completely new, which I don't know anything about. fullsizeoutput_2044c.jpeg s-l1600.jpg s-l1600.jpg

scottmastrocinque and Mayakovski like this.
  3. MedicAndy

I installed new powder coated black wheels, valve covers, and crash bars last night on one of my yellow 97's, and I like it! The wheels and valve covers were powder coated in gloss black, installed new wheel bearings, valve stems, new Dunlop tires, new Brembo Rotors, and brake pads. The new painted front fender was suppose to also be ready for pickup this morning, but it wasn't........ It's going to be another week or so before I get this last part installed in order to get this bike completed for this years riding season. I didn't know if I would like the black valve covers and wheels on this yellow bike, but I think that they pull everything together nicely with the frame, wheels, and rear swingarm being in the same gloss black color coating. I usually don't like yellow on a motorcycle, but I think that the 1100 Sport is one sexy looking bike in yellow!

IMG_8422.JPG fullsizeoutput_204ab.jpeg fullsizeoutput_20495.jpeg fullsizeoutput_20497.jpeg

GT-Rx® likes this.
  4. botofusup

botofusup Just got it firing!

1995 Sport 1100 Carb, #35 of the first 50 to the US I think??? The longest trip we did was Philly to NOLA. I got her in the late 90s from The Spare Parts Co.

IMG_2366.jpg

MedicAndy likes this.
  5. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member

Congrats and welcome. Please add your full VIN# for the first post of this thread. Post often.

6. MedicAndy

I guess that this will be the last group picture that I will post, since the pictures below show you all of the five base colors which were available to purchase from the factory. The black 1100 Sport in the lineup, and shown in the last two pictures, is the 1997 Nero color, which is a black metallic that changes into Bronze depending upon the angle of view and the light hitting the paint. 1994-1996 1100's had a true black painted bike, but I consider my 97 Nero color to cover the true black 1100's, so I won't worry about buying me one of those, unless of course I find me one that I just can't see myself living on without adding her to the stable too! :)

fullsizeoutput_20571.jpeg fullsizeoutput_2054d.jpeg fullsizeoutput_20547.jpeg fullsizeoutput_204c3.jpeg fullsizeoutput_204a2.jpeg

scottmastrocinque and GT-Rx® like this.
  7. MedicAndy

8. Blueboarhound

Blueboarhound Tuned and Synch'ed

9. MedicAndy

Just added a 1995 1100 Sport last week to the stable. I love the looks of the golden wheels on this silver bike.

vin # ZGUKEAKE5SM100029

fullsizeoutput_21584.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_21582.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_2157b.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_21546.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_21547.jpeg

I found the original purchasing invoice within a stack of paperwork which came with this bike. I love getting a bikes history with the purchase.
    fullsizeoutput_2164f.jpeg

scottmastrocinque and GT-Rx® like this.
  10. Blaufeld

Blaufeld Tuned and Synch'ed

VERY beautiful...

scottmastrocinque and MedicAndy like this.