• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Spine Registry & Pic Thread

Lucky Bugga! Nice to see you out & about. We are coming to the end of our summer & are still Lock-down 3 -no non essential travel :( - but I couldn't stand house arrest any longer & took the 992 down to the testing station on Sat to get the warrant I had gone for before lock-down but failed - no horn (wires came off) & no front break rear stoplight (because lil ball bearing in switch was"stuck" from lack of use!).
Anyway I can tell you no fun police would have wiped the grin off my face for the sheer pleasure of the ride there & back.
Oh yes got the warrant despite headlight floating because of a broken bracket - which I have now fixed.
Note your beauty has the rectangular light - ( is available as Kawasaki replica from Taiwan for $12).
Now you've tempted me for another ride - will do the same with the 1100 but will take the long way round hahaha.

Lucky Bugga! Nice to see you out & about. We are coming to the end of our summer & are still Lock-down 3 -no non essential travel :( - but I couldn't stand house arrest any longer & took the 992 down to the testing station on Sat to get the warrant I had gone for before lock-down but failed - no horn (wires came off) & no front break rear stoplight (because lil ball bearing in switch was"stuck" from lack of use!).
Anyway I can tell you no fun police would have wiped the grin off my face for the sheer pleasure of the ride there & back.
Oh yes got the warrant despite headlight floating because of a broken bracket - which I have now fixed.
Note your beauty has the rectangular light - ( is available as Kawasaki replica from Taiwan for $12).
Now you've tempted me for another ride - will do the same with the 1100 but will take the long way round hahaha.

I'm glad that you got to take your bike out for a ride.... :) We are also suppose to stay at home and only leave if it is absolutely needed..... So yes, I can't see how I could possibly harm anyone while I'm riding a motorcycle...... Our police / government stated that they would not pull anybody over for any reason, so I do take some rides every now ant then. I work in our local Level 1 Trauma Center's Pediatric Emergency Department, and I actually got to leave four hours early today, due to a lack of patients, which is a good thing! :) So the first thing I did after I got home was pulling my 1996 GSXR1100 out of the barn, and then spend the following two hours burning up our country roads with that bike. Off all the bikes I own, I love riding the GSXR the most. That bike's engine is highly modified (this bike was raced at the Michigan International Raceway in the late 90's), and I have right at 200 hp on the rear wheel hitting the asphalt.... The power of this bike is so intoxicating...... :) On the brighter side of life, I bought me a 1987 LeMans 1000SE today. I'm driving to New Hampshire in two weeks to take her to her new stable here in Raleigh NC. I sold my 1985 LeMans to a good friend of mine when I needed to come up with some cash for a 1100 Sport I wanted, and I had been missing the LeMans ever since....... I will post the pictures of that bike in my next post.

Anyway my friend, stay safe and healthy down under, and I hope that you get a couple more therapeutic rides in soon! :)

I finally had some time this week with servicing the 1997 1100 Sport, which I bought from her Canadian owners last October. This bike was highly modified both mechanically and cosmetically by her first Californian collector / owner. The cam was balanced and the engine blue printed, the fuel mapping was replaced from the ECU to a Power Commander, and this bike was then Dyno tuned. Very view parts remained stock on this bike, and I added my modifications to this bike by adding the single seater and the belly fairing. Sadly enough, the paint of those two items is not a perfect match, so I will need to remove and get them repainted.

Fullsizeoutput 22ef3

Greasing the drive shaft while also checking and greasing the splines. I'm using Würth SIG 3000 High Impact Grease.
Fullsizeoutput 22ef6

I heard of several 1100 Sport owners who have lost their engines due to the oil filter spinning off while riding their bikes. So installing a hose clamp around the filter is normal operation procedure now when changing the oil filters. I use Mobil 1 V-Twin 20W50 full synthetic oil with a Mobil 1 oil filter.
Fullsizeoutput 22e59

Servicing the final drive the easy way!
Fullsizeoutput 22e8e

I heard some rumors on several other forums about Red Line's transmission oil not being good to our transmissions, so I contacted both Harpers and Red Line's customer service departments, and both came back with nothing but positive comments about this transmission oil, so I will most definitely continue adding it into my Guzzi's.
Fullsizeoutput 22e66

Fullsizeoutput 22ee2

Fullsizeoutput 22eea

Fullsizeoutput 22ed2

Fullsizeoutput 22ee8

Oh so beautiful Andy! Really awesome. :party::party::party:

I LOVED the video until the moment I fell out of the chair when I saw... :sick::sick::sick:

Screen Shot 2020 05 18 at 20214 AM

I know you love these Sports so please, I beg you on my knees, beg, beg, beg...

Never put anything but a SINGLE KEY, by itself, in these bikes. :shake::shake::shake:

Nothing makes me more sick than seeing a drop dead beautiful bike with a scratched up triple tree or scratches all around the ignition switch, from a collection of keys and crap.

These bikes of yours, are rolling artwork. That clump of keys, is a travesty! I'm crying here...:cry::cry::cry:

Other than that, they are perfect! Well done!

I'm jealous... :envy::envy::envy:

:):):)

How cool is this!

This picture showed the original Moto Guzzi Lake Como factory assembly line while it was loaded up with one red and then followed by a full line of blue 1995 1100 Sports!

The gentleman who took this picture visited / toured the factory in early 1995, right after he received his new 1994 1100 Sport, which he had just purchased & was delivered to his home in December 1994. He, as of today, still owns his 1994 1100 Sport.

This is the only picture that I have ever seen of 1100 Sports sitting on the assembly line at the Moto Guzzi factory!

Andy

ps: I did ask for permission to share this picture.....

Fullsizeoutput 22fd5

Beautiful. It looks like you have the 16'' front wheel as well.

I had a 1985 LM IV, which I sold to a friend of mine, and that also bike had a 16" front wheel. I like the 16" front wheels, which for me help the bike turn faster, especially when the wheel is matched with a great tire. So yes, my new LM IV also has the 16" front wheel, which works great for me.

114806357 3445140872176961 3786189994303082083 o

1996 Sport 1100
VIN#-ZGUKEAKE6TM100235

My first Guzzi and wow, what a bike. It has open airpods and a full Staintune system and the sound is inspiring to say the least. 12,000 miles and I certainly don't plan to keep it stored away without riding. Will be sure to check the gear oil for any signs of deterioration.

Hey Scott,
Agreed, only after a friend asked me to ride his bike once because he said it was making a funny noise in the engine at certain revs.
Turned out to be the multitudious keys that rattled on the tree at certain revs!
I sanded mill marks on my triple tree with a Dremel tool & only use a leather key fob.
Now you'll probably respond re the extra gauges, but I do like to see the oil pressure, as for the rest - necessities like radar detector & tire pressure/temp (car type -because I have 2 bikes, so one side is the 1100 & the other side for the 992); & oh yes air-box pressure & time for those long distance time checks.
Cant argue with anything Andy does tho because he has more Sports than anyone on the planet!

View attachment 20175

Here's my two, I know the Sports not everyones cup of tea, but it's mine and I like it this way.
Just so comfy now for both rider and pillion, nothing's been cut off or elded on so it converts back to stock with just a set of spanners.
KE11595 and KK113237
Sport gt V10 130820gt

AA6F3923 6393 4EEB A34F 86F46B23A40D

2000 V11 Sport
ZGUKRAKR2YM112722

• Magni fairing kit
  • Airbox/side panels removed; K&N pods
  • Stucchi x-over
  • Mistral slip-ons
  • Engine:
    • Head port/flow, sunk valves (Mike Rich)
    • Megacycle 620x10 cam
    • Titanium pushrods (Mike Rich)
    • 10.25:1 pistons (Mike Rich)
    • Carrillo rods
    • Raceco UK aluminum timing gears
    • Moto Spezial deep-v sump
Single owner since new :)

__Jason

My Rosso Mandello, low miles, slept for most of its life in storage, I rescued her and brought her back to life a few months ago

88433635_10218896863044292_3028680700845883392_n.jpg

My Rosso Mandello, low miles, slept for most of its life in storage, I rescued her and brought her back to life a few months ago
Beauty, but she's not a Griso, so I moved it here to the Spine section. Welcome and thanks for posting. Always important to post your VIN# and related for the first post of this thread. Hope to see you here often. Cheers.

My new (to me) addiction, 1993 4-valve'r. One sweet bike!
Hi Mark, congrats, welcome to the GT Forum, & Guzzi Famiglia. That's a very special machine. I remember salivating over it in person when they first showed it at a Motorcycle event. The timing was unfortunate as I was quite young, racing, and the cost new then wasn't attainable to me at the time, which is unfortunate as I'd likely still own it. They have a few weaknesses, and belt and valve service is paramount. The ECU adjustments are a bit fragile, and do you know what EPROM is in it?
Thanks for posting and the VIN# add... hope to see you here often. Enjoy!

Back