Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles®-- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

Spine Registry & Pic Thread

Discussion in 'Spine' started by GT-Rx®, Dec 30, 2009.

1. Bigbear

Bigbear Cruisin' Guzzisti

Lucky Bugga! Nice to see you out & about. We are coming to the end of our summer & are still Lock-down 3 -no non essential travel :( - but I couldn't stand house arrest any longer & took the 992 down to the testing station on Sat to get the warrant I had gone for before lock-down but failed - no horn (wires came off) & no front break rear stoplight (because lil ball bearing in switch was"stuck" from lack of use!).
    Anyway I can tell you no fun police would have wiped the grin off my face for the sheer pleasure of the ride there & back.
    Oh yes got the warrant despite headlight floating because of a broken bracket - which I have now fixed.
    Note your beauty has the rectangular light - ( is available as Kawasaki replica from Taiwan for $12).
    Now you've tempted me for another ride - will do the same with the 1100 but will take the long way round hahaha.

MedicAndy and scottmastrocinque like this.
  2. MedicAndy

MedicAndy Tuned and Synch'ed

I'm glad that you got to take your bike out for a ride.... :) We are also suppose to stay at home and only leave if it is absolutely needed..... So yes, I can't see how I could possibly harm anyone while I'm riding a motorcycle...... Our police / government stated that they would not pull anybody over for any reason, so I do take some rides every now ant then. I work in our local Level 1 Trauma Center's Pediatric Emergency Department, and I actually got to leave four hours early today, due to a lack of patients, which is a good thing! :) So the first thing I did after I got home was pulling my 1996 GSXR1100 out of the barn, and then spend the following two hours burning up our country roads with that bike. Off all the bikes I own, I love riding the GSXR the most. That bike's engine is highly modified (this bike was raced at the Michigan International Raceway in the late 90's), and I have right at 200 hp on the rear wheel hitting the asphalt.... The power of this bike is so intoxicating...... :) On the brighter side of life, I bought me a 1987 LeMans 1000SE today. I'm driving to New Hampshire in two weeks to take her to her new stable here in Raleigh NC. I sold my 1985 LeMans to a good friend of mine when I needed to come up with some cash for a 1100 Sport I wanted, and I had been missing the LeMans ever since....... I will post the pictures of that bike in my next post.

Anyway my friend, stay safe and healthy down under, and I hope that you get a couple more therapeutic rides in soon! :)

3. MedicAndy

I finally had some time this week with servicing the 1997 1100 Sport, which I bought from her Canadian owners last October. This bike was highly modified both mechanically and cosmetically by her first Californian collector / owner. The cam was balanced and the engine blue printed, the fuel mapping was replaced from the ECU to a Power Commander, and this bike was then Dyno tuned. Very view parts remained stock on this bike, and I added my modifications to this bike by adding the single seater and the belly fairing. Sadly enough, the paint of those two items is not a perfect match, so I will need to remove and get them repainted.

fullsizeoutput_22ef3.jpeg

Greasing the drive shaft while also checking and greasing the splines. I'm using Würth SIG 3000 High Impact Grease.
    fullsizeoutput_22ef6.jpeg

I heard of several 1100 Sport owners who have lost their engines due to the oil filter spinning off while riding their bikes. So installing a hose clamp around the filter is normal operation procedure now when changing the oil filters. I use Mobil 1 V-Twin 20W50 full synthetic oil with a Mobil 1 oil filter.
    fullsizeoutput_22e59.jpeg

Servicing the final drive the easy way!
    fullsizeoutput_22e8e.jpeg

I heard some rumors on several other forums about Red Line's transmission oil not being good to our transmissions, so I contacted both Harpers and Red Line's customer service departments, and both came back with nothing but positive comments about this transmission oil, so I will most definitely continue adding it into my Guzzi's.
    fullsizeoutput_22e66.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_22ee2.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_22eea.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_22ed2.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_22ee8.jpeg

4. scottmastrocinque

scottmastrocinque Scott Mastrocinque GT Famiglia

Oh so beautiful Andy! Really awesome. :party::party::party:

I LOVED the video until the moment I fell out of the chair when I saw... :sick::sick::sick:

Screen Shot 2020-05-18 at 2.02.14 AM.png

I know you love these Sports so please, I beg you on my knees, beg, beg, beg...

Never put anything but a SINGLE KEY, by itself, in these bikes. :shake::shake::shake:

Nothing makes me more sick than seeing a drop dead beautiful bike with a scratched up triple tree or scratches all around the ignition switch, from a collection of keys and crap.

These bikes of yours, are rolling artwork. That clump of keys, is a travesty! I'm crying here...:cry::cry::cry:

Other than that, they are perfect! Well done!

I'm jealous... :envy::envy::envy:

:):):)

MedicAndy likes this.
  5. MedicAndy

How cool is this!

This picture showed the original Moto Guzzi Lake Como factory assembly line while it was loaded up with one red and then followed by a full line of blue 1995 1100 Sports!

The gentleman who took this picture visited / toured the factory in early 1995, right after he received his new 1994 1100 Sport, which he had just purchased & was delivered to his home in December 1994. He, as of today, still owns his 1994 1100 Sport.

This is the only picture that I have ever seen of 1100 Sports sitting on the assembly line at the Moto Guzzi factory!

Andy

ps: I did ask for permission to share this picture.....

fullsizeoutput_22fd5.jpeg

scottmastrocinque and GT-Rx® like this.
  6. thierry roullier

thierry roullier Tuned and Synch'ed

Beautiful. It looks like you have the 16'' front wheel as well.

MedicAndy likes this.
  7. MedicAndy

I had a 1985 LM IV, which I sold to a friend of mine, and that also bike had a 16" front wheel. I like the 16" front wheels, which for me help the bike turn faster, especially when the wheel is matched with a great tire. So yes, my new LM IV also has the 16" front wheel, which works great for me.

8. Spencer McGeehan

Spencer McGeehan Just got it firing!

114806357_3445140872176961_3786189994303082083_o.jpg

1996 Sport 1100
    VIN#-ZGUKEAKE6TM100235

My first Guzzi and wow, what a bike. It has open airpods and a full Staintune system and the sound is inspiring to say the least. 12,000 miles and I certainly don't plan to keep it stored away without riding. Will be sure to check the gear oil for any signs of deterioration.

MedicAndy likes this.
  9. Bigbear

Hey Scott,
    Agreed, only after a friend asked me to ride his bike once because he said it was making a funny noise in the engine at certain revs.
    Turned out to be the multitudious keys that rattled on the tree at certain revs!
    I sanded mill marks on my triple tree with a Dremel tool & only use a leather key fob.
    Now you'll probably respond re the extra gauges, but I do like to see the oil pressure, as for the rest - necessities like radar detector & tire pressure/temp (car type -because I have 2 bikes, so one side is the 1100 & the other side for the 992); & oh yes air-box pressure & time for those long distance time checks.
    Cant argue with anything Andy does tho because he has more Sports than anyone on the planet!

View attachment 20175

10. lucky phil

lucky phil Cruisin' Guzzisti

My bike.

Ciao

DSC01090.JPG

Spencer McGeehan likes this.
  11. Bigbear

Mmmmm descisions descisions.
    I'd go with the black. Looks more comfortable for both rider & pillion.