• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Station Fire

I see a massive cloud of smoke from the front window of my home in Pasadena. I'm actually looking forward to going to my office in Lynwood tomorrow for the clean air. :S I just hope everyone that's closer in manages to get out of this unscathed.

It'll be quite awhile before any of us are eligible for more speeding tickets on ACH.

It was real stinky Friday and Sunday, and it is again today. Mt. Wilson is in view; when I went out for the newspaper early today I could see a light up there (and it wasn't a flame), but their webcam site is down.

I just had to ride yesterday and left the house at 6am. Was subject to a lot of smoke until I got to around Dodger Stadium. Took PCH to Las Flores. On the way up Schueren to Stunt it got hot & smoky again, then cooled off again on the way down Stunt. Had breakfast with some friends at the RS, then rode around the SMMs for an hour or so. As it was getting warmer, I thought it wise to head home, have a shower, then a hot dog & beer in front of the TV for MotoGP. Isn't Fox coverage wonderful :S -- first two commercials and you miss the two leaders crashing out. I know, SpeedTV isn't much better - during one commercial we missed a nice overtake... Ok, rant off, and back to topic.

If this was an arson (and I'm only speculating), I would hope for a murder charge on the SOB perp. God bless those firefighters.

Our house is in Sunland and we are only two streets south of the Mt Gleason ridge.

We watched from the south as a tremendous battle took place on the north face of the ridge. There were far too many aircraft water drop passes to count, including a few by that Lockheed P3-Orion based water bomber.

The smoke started out a very sinister looking black and very dark brown. But, after uncounted water drops, it began to turn white.

I believe that the fatal truck crash occurred during this engagement.

Having driven my little van on those roads around Mt Gleason when we were looking at houses to buy, I can readily understand how a fire truck driven in the heat of battle through dense smoke could easily go off road up there.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to the families of those lost.

The battle on the north side of the ridge surely prevented the fire from coming in to our neighborhood.

>>God bless those firefighters

Amen, my friends.

-Jack

It looked like a nuclear explosion/mushroom cloud yesterday from the SMMs.

Check out this time elapsed movie HERE.

Best goes out to all of those who have to dive into that mess. Rumor has it that Hidden Springs Cafe might have succumbed.

Shot taken on Angeles Crest:
capt.bea49a62448c4dc3af5e1f1ee824dcd9.aptopix_california_wildfires_cajh103.jpg

Back