• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Stelvio 2012 NTX

Toadride said:
Put the stock can back on (what a beast!) and found that, altho the low end ruffness is still there, it is diminished. Prolly need a richer mapping for the Mistral.
did you have the db killer in or out?
might have needed a bit of back pressure to clean it up.

or maybe your throttle bodies could use a synch?

DB killer in. Sync, really? Right out of the gate? Well, service Mon. Hope they know what they are lookin at.

Toadride said:
Sync, really? Right out of the gate? Well, service Mon. Hope they know what they are lookin at.
the linkage could be out of adjustment just a little bit and it would have an effect....

dealer setup and know-how is so important on Guzzis, if had a big affect on where I made my purchase.

scottmastrocinque said:
Luma46 said:
I have looked at the tranny gears in the parts manual and I do not see any helical cut gears, all straight, hence the whine. I might be mistaken thou...

It's in both the owners manual and the service manual.

The gear on the main shaft (52 on 51) and the clutch shaft (21) are helical cut. The other gears are straight cut.

Any gear has a whine, straight or helical. The helical is quieter but still has a characteristic sound.

"What's your point?". I guess is my next question...

The point is that I need to find a heavier oil to quiet it down, currently using Mobil1 75W90 LS. Any suggestions? On other hand, I might be too anal about these noises, i should put the earplugs in and ride...

Redline Shock-Proof Heavy.

On topic, GP Motorcycles in San Diego has an unclaimed black NTX on the floor for anyone interested.

Luma46 said:
The point is that I need to find a heavier oil to quiet it down, currently using Mobil1 75W90 LS. Any suggestions? On other hand, I might be too anal about these noises, i should put the earplugs in and ride...

did you not see the post on Adv in reference to what you perceive as transmission whine....might be you hearing the timing gears instead?

I think the earplugs are a great idea, then put a ton of miles on it until your rote memory isn't comparing the sounds it makes to your old GS.

With the Mistral, tinnitus, and well abused aged ears, earplugs are a must. And all I hear is that beautiful exhaust note. :D

Toadride said:
Sync, really? Right out of the gate?

I just read your post in another thread where you mention the TB's were waaaaay out of synch. :lol:

I can feel my bike loosening up nicely with miles, but I can also tell that when I get back from two weeks in the Canadian Rockies and west coast....it will be more than ready for a TB synch.

Was wonderin about that too. My girl is chargin outta the gate now. And running smoothly in all rpm ranges. So, if they do slide out of sync easily, is it a given that they will set it right at every service? :?:

Back