• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Stelvio discontinued

It needs to have real cruise control, not like my Cali 1400 but like my R1200CLC. Guzzi obviously doesn't know what "tap up" and "tap down" are.

The cruise on my Vic works really well but it was a joke on the C14 very hard to set & always seemed to drop 5 mph.
The funny thing is I can ride the Mille or the Griso all day with just a GoCruise & cramp buster & never think about a "real" cruise control.
I have always found it interesting how easy it is for me to adapt from one bike to another without wishing "this bike had that or did the other thing".

Talked to my MG Salesman today and since he just came back from the Moto Guzzi Factory I asked him what the 2017 Stelvios looked like( fishing ) he pointed at the 2016 and said there it is. He confirmed there is no 2017 Stelvio or Norge and I think maybe the Grizo. He said they bought up all the 2016 Stelvios they could get destined for Canada. Says they bought 8 and only have 4 left.
I also asked about the liquid cooled rumor and he hinted at a 1200 Liquid in the works.. still only a Rumor.
Not sure what I think about that.

Talked to my MG Salesman today and since he just came back from the Moto Guzzi Factory I asked him what the 2017 Stelvios looked like( fishing ) he pointed at the 2016 and said there it is. He confirmed there is no 2017 Stelvio or Norge and I think maybe the Grizo. He said they bought up all the 2016 Stelvios they could get destined for Canada. Says they bought 8 and only have 4 left.
I also asked about the liquid cooled rumor and he hinted at a 1200 Liquid in the works.. still only a Rumor.
Not sure what I think about that.

Guzzi has a nasty habit of building a great bike, only to discontinue it in short order. Right now no manufacturer is building a bike I would buy. Looks like I'll be running my 2006 1100 Breva until it quits, or I do.

It's funny, my 2016 Stelvio is my favorite bike to date. Many scoots from Germany, Italy, Japan and the US have passed through my hands over the last 35+ years of riding. Many of them classics and many others cult bikes. I consider myself an enthusiast and try to keep up to date on what's new in the MC world.

Before I test rode my Stelvio I had no idea that Guzzi even made an open class ADV bike. Now that they are catching on and becoming noticed they are being discontinued. I think Guzzi really needs some exposure in the press and on the web if they expect to sell in any numbers. Same goes for Aprilia. The Caponord offers a lot for the $$$. But it wasn't until after I bought the Stelvio that I'd seen one.

A conversation from FB that I had:
Me,
The rumor that I have heard is that Piagio wants to concentrate on the Aprilla line, you know that line that barely sells here in the states. Just to show just how out of touch these morons are is that they think they will break into the Harley market with the large cruisers. While they are very nice bikes, they are not going to shrink the Harley & Indian markets. While at the same time BMW's GS line continues to be their best seller & the new NineT which is a carbon copy of the Grisso & is selling well & both are meeting the new Euro 4 standards. So again, WTF is the problem at Piagio?

Reply from someone at Guzzi was:

Sorry Andrew... but we do not have any information and detailed facts what it takes to make a Griso meeting Euros standards (no ABS so far) or the 1200ccm engines. All 1200-models have not been sold well. They kept the small block models because they have been quiet successful and kept the California - may be because the development was expensive and it was easy to lift it to Euro 4. The Guzzi-Department is very tiny - not more than 90 employees. I would be surprised if they have more than 5 people working on technical development. And Piaggio managers are more into numbers than into the soul of a brand. They give nothing on our opinions. Even if you are talking to one of them face to face, what I did last year during the EICMA in Milan.

Resale value will be fine - they're apparently disappearing because of tightening emissions standards, not because they're bad bikes that no-one wants.

Again...only talk on the street, but been hearing they are going to retrofit the California engine for the redesigned Stelvio/Griso since it already passes Euro 4 (and possibly Euro 5). It will need to loose weigh somewhere else. Made more for touring with upright seating and more streamline panniers than a true adventure bike and appeal to the 95% that will never take it off road and don't want a cruiser for touring. That is the way I see the market going, but only my opinion.

Sounds about right. I run Mitas E07 tires thinking I would do more Off road and Gravel roads,but still only occasionally venture off the Pavement. I hope to do more back country gravel roads this coming season . But as we all know, most adventure bikes hardly venture off road.

They say the 1200 sells in low numbers. Do you think anybody at Piaggio would think that may be due to a bad rap from the flat lifters and lousy mileage? The bike is fine otherwise but anybody thinking of one hears about the lifters and other niggling problems so they go elsewhere.

As a new owner I would say the reason i held off for so long is that it is yet another quirky european bike, and yes some of those flat tappet stories do cause a reader to pause. To get past that they'll have to gain a reputation outside of the people who already ride them as being a bullet proof mount.

The reviews didn't help the bike a whole lot either. Seems that effective marketing isn't in their wheelhouse.

Unless I'm forgetting one or two, I've owned 47 motorcycles over the past 50 years, plus eight demo bikes when I was a dealer. My 2014 Stelvio ranks as one of my top five favorites, at least. Probably number one or two. As long as I can ride it, I will continue to do so. Every time I ride it, I come home smiling.

A V9 NTX would be nice, easier to pick up off the ground. My guess about the low capord and stelvio sales is that buyers are obsessed with high horse power. The 2010 Stelvio at 108 hp is perfect for me. If guzzi puts out a water cooled adventure bike and increase in displacement won't be necessary for more hp.

I wondered if the CARC madels were still being built for overseas non Euro 4 markets. Is the Norge gone for good?

I wondered if the CARC madels were still being built for overseas non Euro 4 markets. Is the Norge gone for good?
Its pretty much confirmed that all of the current crop of 1200 CARC bikes are gone. For good? Who knows. There are plenty of units floating around if one is interested. In all of the many years that I have been riding Guzzi I have never bought a used one. And every one of the new bikes I have owned was out of production when I sold it. All of them to the best of my knowledge are still on the road and being ridden. There are a couple that went too far away to know for sure but at all the events I go to every year examples of just about every one ever imported are still running around albeit that they have acquired new owners form time to time. I see the current situation as just more of the same that has characterized MG for as long as I have been involved with them. Heck my next bike may well be a V9 of some sort or other. The NTX grows heavier every year now with advancing age.

Back