• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Stelvio ECU error 27 and 31

I guess I was mistaken thinking this was a free, social forum.

Why would you think that?

Did you join simply to take what you could with no intention of actually being part of the greatest single collection of Guzzisti in the world? Then I feel sorry for you because you totally missed the whole point of GuzziTech.

Do you see ANY advertising being bombarded at you? - No.

Do you see ANY Social Media type BS here? - No.

Is all of your personal information being collected without your permission and being sold literally daily without your consent? - No.

A permanent account upgrade can be had for like a token $25, (you cannot get a dealer to fart on your motorcycle for that. Last time I checked, a hamburger meal in the drive thru is pushing $16). Upgrading one time, gives you access to everything including the DOWNLOAD section where all of the Owners and Service Manuals are as well as wiring diagrams, etc. It also allows you to post in the exclusive “Ask a Wrench” forum.

None of that holds any value to you? Really?

It is staggering to me that some people find this too much to donate for what you gain access to. How penny wise and pound foolish that is to me.

THIS PLACE IS NOTHING LIKE SOCIAL MEDIA!

It cost a small fortune every year, for GTM to maintain this site under these constraints. Those of us who have donated to upgrade our account, do so voluntarily because this place has tremendous value.

You have experienced this firsthand right here. John Zibell is a retired Moto Guzzi Master Mechanic. I myself, am a retired professional mechanic and lifelong European motorcycle mechanic. I own 8 modern Moto Guzzi motorcycles of my own including a 2012 Stelvio NTX.

We are both trying to help you here, again for free.

Although the majority of members have varying levels of skills and knowledge, there are some real sharp cookies around here as well, including several other excellent mechanics here too.

All of us are enthusiasts and we all donate our time here for free.

Did you ever read those rotating screens at the top of every page? You need to please. They contain valuable information.

This being said, you should have general access to the thread I directed you too. At least this area has always been accessible to general users in the past.

The general gist of the thread was that ther errors you are receiving, were related to somebody pulling on the fuel injectors. They damaged the electronics in the injector by pulling the plastic and metal components apart. This broke the circuit by breaking the internal grounding of the injector. The poster shared that by removing the injector and physically holding it while cranking the engine, he verified if the injector was truly spraying as expected. He discovered his source of the short. Perhaps you did this too when you removed the injectors?

“I found that the plastic connection to the actual metal tubing of injector pulled away on one side. I pulled injector off of intake and held it together while hitting the start button. Fine mist and simple diagnosis. Sometimes the solutions are as direct as they come. This is one of those cases”

Anyway, I hope what I’ve written here changes your perspective and causes you to rethink about becoming a GuzziTech Guzzisti.

The camaraderie among the Guzzisti here, is an amazing thing. I’ve never encountered as many wonderful and helpful people as I have here. It is a joy to be a part of that.

You will find this forum to be your ally and a warm and welcoming place where we try and help each other because of our profound love of this marque.

Last edited:
I found that the plastic connection to the actual metal tubing of injector pulled away on one side. I pulled injector off of intake and held it together while hitting the start button. Fine mist and simple diagnosis. Sometimes the solutions are as direct as they come. This is one of those cases”
Not applicable to me. - Edited because of incompetency.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stelvi0:

What guilt trip? I assure you that I meant nothing of the sort and I apologize that you perceived it as such.

I merely tried to explain some of the things available here for contributing members. I don’t make the policies or rules here and I have absolutely no financial ties to this place at all. I’ve just been very active here for 13 years and I enjoy helping other Guzzisti.

Unfortunately without a doubt, you are the most difficult, negative and utterly obnoxious person I have encountered here in a very very long time. Why all the vitriol?

It’s no wonder why you cannot solicit a positive experience here. I seriously doubt you ever will and I feel pity for you; what a terrible way to go through life.

Worse yet, by your own admission, you don’t know anything about a Moto Guzzi motorcycle, yet you can definitively tell me that a failure to complete the ground circuit on your injectors, is not the proximate cause of the error in the ECU.

Ok. If you say so. I guess 40+ years of professional motorcycle wrenching, and decades of Moto Guzzi experience, counts for nothing to you.

Most likely, “Nothing special” as you repeatedly said in your vernacular.

(Autism poisons some of my communication, it’s something I struggle with daily. I can only hope something like that affects you as well).

So…it would seem that there is nothing further that I can do to help you here. You know it all already. Good for you.

Your obvious warmth and charm notwithstanding 🙄, you sure can burn your bridges in nothing flat.

Thinking of an explanation for “Why?”, honestly eludes me.

Everyone brightens a room. Some when they enter, most when they leave. Which one do you choose to be?

Have a good life.

Last edited:
I guess I was mistaken thinking this was a free, social forum.
From the home page…
Please remember this is a privately funded website supported by our users, not a free social media platform littered with ads to support it. Please be courteous, and donate/contribute.

I’m inches from pulling the plug on this site due to the unbelievable entitlement and rudeness displayed daily. It used to be enjoyable, now it’s a battle. I’m not an IT or computer guy, though I’ve learned tons over the last 30 years... I’m a lifelong rider, racer, professional mechanic and Guzzi-focused shop owner and custom builder, who chooses to offer this site for free. You can donate to fully benefit my from decades of work and offerings here, or not, and just move along.

Back