• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Stelvio fork tubes-height please

catneck

Just got it firing!
I just acquired an 09 Stelvio that has been lowered.
The fork tubes have been raised.
What is the oem height?

Last edited:
Not sure if this is what you're after, but 198mm (or close enough to just under 8 inches) from the bottom of the clamp to the bottom of the metal part of the stem.
IMG_2093_zpsqz3wnf5v.jpg
[/IMG]
This is on a 2012 model.
IMG_2093_zpsqz3wnf5v.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_2093_zpsqz3wnf5v.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_2093_zpsqz3wnf5v.jpg

IMG_2094_zpsqa8dtfqp.jpg

Be careful with that one. It won't sit flush on top as the top triple is not machined at the same angle so if you put the 12 o'clock position flush, the 3 o'clock won't be. They come stock from the factory with a set exposure above the triple clamp. My 2012 sits about 16MM at the 12:00 position (from memory but I am not that far off, I can measure it if needed). My friends 2010 also sits above the triple but not sure of the amount. All things being equal, a few mm here and there won't affect the dynamics tremendously, but they don't come flush from the factory. Perhaps someone with a pre 2012 can comment. There should be something on the site also about this.

Last edited:
On this subject, what is the riding impact of lowering the front end by clamping the tubes at say 20mm above the triple tree? Has anyone experimented with front end ride height?
Alan NZ

On this subject, what is the riding impact of lowering the front end by clamping the tubes at say 20mm above the triple tree? Has anyone experimented with front end ride height?
Alan NZ

Raising the tubes will reduce the rake and trail. The good news is it will turn in quicker and turning in general will feel lighter. Downside is you will reduce stability of the front end (ie. more susceptible to tank slaps) but no idea at what point that will occur. All depends on the design of the bike. That being said, I have seen Stelvios with the forks more than an inch above the upper clamp. The rider is still alive so must be ok????

Has anyone experimented with front end ride height?
I do on all of my bikes. Raising the forks in the triples almost always makes things better. Rake has to be quite excessive in order to cause issues. My Jackal is radically different then delivered since I swapped to the V11 Sport front end, and there's zero need for a damper that was put on by the factory to lessen speed wobble issues with the very relaxed stock rake. I pull 10mm at a time, usually ending up at 20mm. I don't think the Stelvio would be much impacted by this... However, my Stelvio now wears a custom-built 3.5x18" front wheel with 120/70 front tire profile, so I left the forks in the stock position (for now). It rocks.

Raised em up 18mm to flush at the inside.
Now the bike actually leans when on tbe sidestand.
And only 20 nm torque on tbe pinch bolts.
Bet these get overtightened a lot.

Lifted my Forks as far as they would go, to drop the front end (and the seat height!).
Much better feeling, I like my Bikes to be as 'lively' as possible.
No way you'll make a Stelvio unstable whatever you do, the Forks can only be raised a certain amount before the waisted section of the Sliders enters the clamp area anyway.

Back