Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles® -- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

Stelvio Handguards

Discussion in 'Stelvio Chat & Tech' started by rturo, Aug 25, 2009.

1. rturo

rturo Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

Hey Stelvio guys

Thinking of adding the handguards to my Breva1100 and told by a Guzzi shop that they are a straight fit.

How much wind/chill do they keep off - I wantto use thin summer gloves all day instead of thick gloves early and late in the day and thinner summer gloves in the middle of the day.

If anyone knows the Breva fitment needs some fiddling and fettling let me know.

Art

2. Gary

Gary Cruisin' Guzzisti

None at all and you still get wet gloves.

3. GUZIRDR

GUZIRDR Cruisin' Guzzisti

Hey rturo, I bought a set of KTM handguards for my Stelvio and they work pretty well with wind chill....Although if it's cold out your hands will still get chilled.

$200 for MG ones & $49.99 for KTM
    http://store.ktmtwins.com/6000207910030.html

4. Antonio

Antonio Tuned and Synch'ed

Try the DORSODURO (Aprilia) handguards, I allready fit them in one SPORT 1200 ABS, and they look very nice and cover enough.

Antonio Alday
    Tar Moto, S.A.
    Guatemala

5. John in PA

John in PA Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

+1 on the KTM guards, though for best fit the kit needs a bit of modification. If you decide to pop for them, I can detail the changes I made for an excellent final result.

6. Greg Field

Greg Field Cruisin' Guzzisti

At Moto Intl. we have the Stelvio guards for about half what Guzzi sells them for.

7. GUZIRDR

GUZIRDR Cruisin' Guzzisti

R U located local in the States? Moto Intl.?

8. Rugar

Rugar Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

Gigio wrote:
    Moto International
    7701 Aurora Ave North
    Seattle, WA 98103
    (US) 206.297.3822 or 800.949.MOTO

http://www.motointernational.com/main.htm

9. Brevabrabo

Brevabrabo Cruisin' Guzzisti

Stelvio ones fit perfectly just add some washers between the RH bar-end, or you'll have
    a cruise-control for free.

Attached Files:

10. Brevabrabo

Gary wrote:
    In England..... sure :laugh:

At least I notice a big difference in combination with heated grips and while riding in the rain they get wet but it takes much longer. Riding with summer-gloves.

even in Norway....

11. rturo

rturo Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

Bravo Brevabrabo, great photos - you using the heat from the cat and pipe to melt glaciers?

Its looks like the handguard kit comes with new end weights, this correct and no change to vibes?

Art

12. Brevabrabo

Sharp eyes! Yes bar-ends are different and come with the hand-guards. There is no change in vibes (there aren't any). I can compare now, since I fell during my holiday, one was broken :angry: still have to replace it.

Attached Files: