• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Stelvio has gone

Big E

Cruisin' Guzzisti
Fellas the Stelvio has gone, had a great run through Spain & Portugal but never felt comfortable on it so it had to go.

There's loads of my stuff on EBAY, sadly I won't post abroad, it's just too expensive and far too much hassle.

Enjoy your Stelvio's they're a great bike, just not suited to me.

I won't be logging back in so all of you stay safe, thanks for your help in the past & goodbye

Best wishes

Ian

It's too bad the Stelvio didn't work out for you, Ian, but every rider has to find the right bike for him or her.

So what's next? Any thoughts about what you will replace the Stelvio with?

Cheers,

Bruce

Oh well another one lost, sorry to see you go. I find it hard to believe it took two years for you to decide the Stelvio wasn't comfortable and wasn't suitable for you, were there any other issues?

I couldn't resist having a peak to see what was going on. It took me about a month to realise that the Stelvio wasn't for me. I never got comfortable even though having seat gel'd, airhawk, sheepskin etc etc plus it wrecked my lower back no matter where I set the bars. I actually only owned the bike 9 months and would have sold it 2 months ago if my holidays and ferry hadn't been booked.

I did my tour of Spain & Portugal and had to stop every 50 miles or so, ass and back in agony so got home on the Monday and part ex'd it on the Tuesday, we just never got on. missus on the other hand absolutely loved it and was not happy to see it go however she seems very happy on the new bike..

I've gone back to a Honda CB1300 again, I loved it the CB the first time round and only got rid of it when my son almost killed himself in a bike accident. I always wanted the red framed model and got a good part ex so it was a no brainer.

I haven't completely finished with Guzzi as I'm still building a 750 Cafe racer but don't think I'll ever have a modern one again..

Cheers

Bummer!! Sorry you didn't take the time to look into an aftermarket seat! I had the same problem til I installed the Russel Day long seat! Now I really can sit there all day and more.

Hope the Honda works for ya :)

Having spent over £200 on the seat I wasn't prepared to spend anymore. I've had the CB 5 days and already done over a 1000 miles, am absolutely loving it, I knew I would because I really enjoyed my first one.

Cyas

ah at least you didn't become one of the Fashionistas and get a GS1200 and start dressing up like Ewlie McBorman or is it Charlan Borgreggor. I always liked the look of the Honda cb1300 in red and white, and quite like the idea of having a big Jap retro style bike, but I find most jap bikes characterless, still there was a Kawasaki ZRX 1200r in A+D motorcycles at Denbigh that caught my eye, perhaps if I hadn't ordered my new NTX I could have been swayed to the dark side. :)

fatal said:
ah at least you didn't become one of the Fashionistas and get a GS1200 and start dressing up like Ewlie McBorman or is it Charlan Borgreggor. I always liked the look of the Honda cb1300 in red and white, and quite like the idea of having a big Jap retro style bike, but I find most jap bikes characterless, still there was a Kawasaki ZRX 1200r in A+D motorcycles at Denbigh that caught my eye, perhaps if I hadn't ordered my new NTX I could have been swayed to the dark side. :)

Perhaps if A&D had looked after me when i had a problem liked they promised I too would have bought another Guzzi but they didn't and that's their loss, infact it's Guzzis loss. It's a shame shabby dealers are letting customers slip through their grasp, hopefully they'll look after you if things go wrong ( I hope they don't go wrong)

There's character in every bike, you just need the gumption to find it. :lol:

I've often thought of modern mainstream jap bikes as 'characterless' there are a few exceptions and the likes of the old Kawasaki 500/750 triples, and Yamaha RDs from the '70s were different. I think modern BMWs particularly the big K series seem bereft of the charm of the old boxer twins, and when compared to the likes of Harleys and Guzzis.
I tend to think of modern four cylinder bikes as the Intercity electric train....very sleek, streamlined, efficient, fast, but sanitised. The Harleys, Moto Guzzis, old BMW twins etc are something like the 'flying scotsman' express, vibrating, pulsing, visually different, not as fast or efficient, but and engaging and alive.
One of the dullest bikes I've ridden in recent years is the Honda Pan european, sure it was comfy, fast, handled OK, it could eat big miles reliably, but it did the job just like an intercity express train, and I'd rather do the trip on the flying scotsman. :) don't know about gumption though.

Back