• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Stelvio in Brisbane - When??????????????

Mike.C

High Miler
After hearing that some lucky bugger bought a Stelvio up the Sunshine Coast last week, and seeing as JSG have placed full page adds in the motorcycle press recently extolling us all to get along to our friendly Moto Guzzi dealer for a test ride, I thought surely the "official" BNE dealer (Pro Kawasaki - :blink: ) would have one, or at least know when one would be available for a look see.

So yesterday morning I braved the Moss Street motorcycle mayhem and went to have a gander to see if one might have turned up. What was the response from the Guzzi product manager????????

"Nah mate, they're not available yet" and then followed a long load of BS about the GFC and how Oz was the arse end of the world and stock was a problem and his mother in law was sick and his wife had left him and he had just wet himself and he didn't want to be at work on a Saturday morning anyway and why was I asking and indeed what was I asking about again???

These blokes are obviously not interested, and it seems that for some reason there just isn't a dealer in Brisbane who gives a toss about new bike sales, and now I hear that even a bloke in New Zealand has got one!

And don't even mention the NTX, or the rear wheel and fuel tank size problem - all you will get is a blank stare.... and some drivel that any 12 year old would be proud of, I was speechless - I wonder what happened to "product Knowledge".

Some years ago, a bloke at Peter Stevens in Melbourne told me that Brisbane was the largest motorcycle market in OZ per head of population, so for the life of me I just don't understand the JSG strategy.... specifically I just do not understand why JSG bother having dealers at all, the ones (at least in Brisbane) either don't know, don't care and don't even ask about a test ride.

With every day that passes I am getting closer and closer to walking into Morgan and Wacker and putting cash on the table for a GS. :dry: :angry:

no no no . just because some disinterested "salesman"/manager" could'nt sell you a yamakawkionda ,dont desert the ship,i baught my breva in the same shop and they didnt know how to fix a bloody stoplight or blinkers,but iwouldnt ever think of morganand wacker,you would have to join the old farts club,B) B)(where was i) ikba.

yep, as I think you know Mike, I went into Motorino in Sydney recently - no demo until a new shipment sometime off in the never never.. rather, good sir should pays yer money, all of it, sight unseen and unridden if you want one this side of 2011.

and the more I think about actually doing some serious off-roading (i.e desert sand), the better a lightweight, knobbly covered, big tanked trailie is looking :dry:

Well Mike, i hate to say i told you so, but what were you expecting from a Japanese motorcycle dealer :blink: .
I passed through Moss St at about 11am and the place was buzzing, people everywhere. Judging from this i'd say the local motorcycle market was doing well.

Gday mike,
Ring Newells...someone who WGAF
My finances arnt up to a Stelvio purchase just
yet,but thats cool,we need to get a few in
the shops!?!
Up here if 'you demo it,you bought it'seems to apply!?!
Anyway,back into lurk mode,cheers,

The dealer at Burleigh Heads had a big ride day on Saturday and the write up in the paper said they had the Stelvio available for test rides ??????. Don't know which paper, the clip was sent to me.

Gold Coast Suzuki where I get my Griso serviced
by Sean a pommy mechanic.
He knows the Guzzi's and he does a thorough job
The ride day was great ,tried out a 8V Griso and a V7.
The Stelvio that was on show at the Laverda Concourse
was also there for a test ride.
They're also doing deals on Guzzi's at the moment,paying all
on road costs.

hope you've got the spondoolies pre approved - or you might have some quick explaining to do when she sees two new bikes in the driveway...

According to the Bikepoint site Stelvio is available here now...'seems cheaper in NSW :huh:

According to the Bikepoint site Stelvio is available here now...'seems cheaper in NSW :huh:

Back