• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Stelvio, Lets have some good stories !

NJC

Tuned and Synch'ed
Hi all,
:S
Well some of you might have read my tales of woe about rejecting a machine, and now will be picking up a replacement soon all be in the form of a demonstrator. I have also read Loftyjohns tales and quite a few others, it just seems at the moment that most people are having bloody problems with Stelvios, cams to soft and failing, etc. My confidence is somwhat depleted and I want it boosted and to feel good about this machine again, instead of wondering when it will fail next and with what. So my question is, there must be some owners out there that are having a good experience with thier Stelvios. I would love to hear some good tales of trouble free miles, and is there anyone who has put big mileage on ie 15000 plus without any incident. Come on lets hear some good stuff !
:unsure:
Waiting hopefully
Nigel

Hi Gang

Gary put 10,000 miles on his before incident:)
That really gave me the heart to carry on, only to fail the day after he proudly announced the victory:(
Guzzirider had one of the first ones, surely he must have good news for us all:)

Loftyjohn

Yes can't think of anything going wrong apart from needing new belly pan under warranty- I've done just under 5000 miles- its all been great fun.

Motor has got better an better, handling is superb, very comfy and if I ride sensibly then 180 miles to the tank. 200 miles to the tank if I ride with some slow friends, 160 miles if I go banzai. Still plenty of tread on original tyres but I do tend to lots of miles in the twsities and it has been wet a lot of the time.

Did a long tour of Europe in June- bike behaved impeccably. I am sure there are plenty of Stelvio / Griso 8V owners who have had no problems but the nature of these forums is that people tend to join in when something goes pear shaped.

Love my Stelvio- in fact I'd go as far as saying its effing marvellous.

Going camping on the Stelvio in Dent, Cumbria on 29th November with my local bike club if anyone cares to join me.

Regards

Guy

Yep I agree ride it - the more you ride it the more better it gets I only have 2500 on mine and it is as sweet as you like.

B) Are you the same Guzzirider on the MGCGB ?

Hi all

Thats more like it, cheers Guzzirider and Nomad, for bit of positive......I think I just got off to a bad start with my first Stelvio and needed a little consoling, I am praying that its going to be just all a good experience with the second one, but hey what am I saying this is still a Guzzi.:unsure: You guys however are still on very low mileage, I just hope all carries on good for you both. Guzzirider I go to the lakes quite a lot, I go to the Duddon Valley often, hope you have a great time in November, post some pictures, be good to see. Nomad, well I will see you next September down at your place in France, so we can compare notes then, hopefully we will both have just good stories to exchange. I am also looking forward to nipping around those great roads you have down there, in all your pictures its like the roads are all your own, brilliant I am really looking forward to it! :woohoo:
Loftyjohn I hope yours all holds together now as well.:)
Safe and trouble free riding to all, and keep the good stories coming !:laugh:
Cheers
Nigel

Good story no 33.5;
Even though my guzzi ate all it's cam lobes for breakfast I still cant wait to get it back. I got it in the end of may and did about 700miles in the first 3/4 weeks then the other 9500 miles in the following 4 1/2 months. It did every thing I wanted it to do, seat was broke in after 2500 miles ish. Carrys my luggage and tool kit for work, around 75 kilos all in. What more do you need. ?
Hopefully the cam issue is just a bad batch from the hardeners, dont seen to be any other 8v probs on Griso's.

To put it int perspective, I just got my Honda Pan back from the garage. Recon alternator on an 03 bike with 28k on it. Cost £741. A new honda alt is £850 + fitting lol. Think I done well.

13 thousand kilometres without any big troubles (only a leaking seal and a startermotor button that was sticky). So no complains here! I ride mine since march 2008.

I collected my first Stelvio on Saturday and although I found the dreaded roller problem when I got home, the 200 mile journey was an absolute pleasure. It handles well, performed well and just looks the “dogs”…. it gives you a sense of pride, riding Italian and not part of the norm (gs). Now I accept it won’t be all plain sailing, but what a bike. Anyone got any suggestions on a taller screen, as I get a fair amount of buffering being 6ft. Looking forward to my next ride.

Attachments

• 77423F4C-4A31-489E-8F01-E039DCE9722A.png
    77423F4C-4A31-489E-8F01-E039DCE9722A.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 9
  • 9FA5EBF8-D7FD-44EA-8590-31D03B92F082.png
    9FA5EBF8-D7FD-44EA-8590-31D03B92F082.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 9
wilsonbw you can get get various sized windshields from calsci.com. California Scientific Motorcycle Windshields. I have an XL on my Norge and it works beautifully.

The Stelvio looks great. Once you fix up the valve train you’ll be great.

Your property, looks truly lovely. Wow.

Last edited:
The 2016 Stelvio came to me brand new to replace a BMW R1200RT and has exceeded that bike in both fun and overall reliability. It is an involved thing, but even ham-fisted mistake makers like me can work on the bike and there is a tremendous satisfaction as it now heads to 80,000 kms and has never left me by the side of the road. Headstock, swing arm and suspension bearings all done with a re gassed and oiled rear shock as well as new fork seals, new alternator belt, new Guzzitech mid pipe (what a transformation with no leaks or gaskets to replace), new cam cover bolts, and loads of other things that have kept me amused and sometimes slightly frustrated, but its a terrific bike, comfortable to ride and excellent value for money. It's not for everyone, but then neither am I, and that's the beauty.
PLUS this site is one of the most helpful out there and we are lucky to have someone like Todd to dedicate his time to producing unique parts for these bikes.

I adore my 2012 Stelvio NTX 8V since the day I brought her home brand new off the showroom floor.

It is Not For Sale, and will return to Italy with me when I retire. It has been an excellent and reliable motorcycle for me.

Back