• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Stelvio NTX . ECU .

The Civil One

Just got it firing!
It all started mid week , with the Stelvio sounding decidedly unwell.
Off on the LH Cylinder , she was running fine earlier in the week.
After initial investigations , Starting with Spark plug , it moved to LH injector swapped them
around , and still off on the LH cyclinder , Checked the injection & Engine start Relays , boith clean and
healthy connections.
I just happend to have a Volt meter to hand , so i check the inputs to the Injectiors , LH injector was
showing 1.2A , RHS was showing 1.9.
Continued on my search , To the ECU , , removed the Front Plug , all clean and lovely ,
checked the second plug ,,,, OMG ,,,, Blue Goo ,

It had to be this , i have never seen an electrical connection so bad in my life , it really was a blue goo.
After a Lot of awkardness and a few choice words , i had the fairing off and the ECU in my hand
the pins ad actually coroded away ! ! one of the pins is stuck inside the plug itself , i have no idea how i am
going to get this out !

The Bike is a 10 registered machine with 12K miles . The ECU is a Magneti Marelli IAW 5AM
the same {physical unit is used in a fiat punto.
What are my options on this ,, is it likely it could be repaired ?
How do i get the pin out of the plug ?
why did this happen to me

Having queried Todd extensively on these things, I think the answer about repair is a definite no. Solid state filled with resin. I'm sure he can fix you up with a replacement tho. :D

The Blue goo is the blue that gathers on electrical components .

Ducati 1098/s and countless others use the Same ECU , Can i use one of these.
The Ducati ECU is sooo much cheaper and more freely available .

Not far to look. He's GT-Rx. Todd Egan.
Kinda looks like this guy. :ugeek:

just a hint, look for a quzzi 5am, (any will do) if you buy a Duc you have to make sure you have a dealer that

a sells guzzi
b sells Ducati
c knows enough to blank it with the duc code, then re-write with the guzzi code,

There are a few who could pull it off,
Todd will not re-do a Duc ecu to Guzzi, that has been asked before

I would be raising cain with Piaggo on this one being a 2010, they should at the least make the ecu avail at a VERY reasonable cost, and a harness for free, although the harness i am sure could be repaired.

This is usually the exact type of thing that the manufacturers WANT to see in person for root cause investigations.

BY the way it looks like your bike, has the ecu sockets not facing down...yes?....this was changed on the Stelvio. The ecu connectors as i understand have been through a few changes 1 was to add boots(both orig supplied and supposed to be retrofitted by dealer) the next was to turn the ecu to not fill up(it faces down and has silicone gaskets now) You may be able to get somewhere with this one, because they made a change because of this issue.

I can get a Bellagio iaw 5AM for Less than half the Price of the Stelvio item.
I have already spoken to Piaggio UK , regarding the Issue they dont want to know ,
""But may do something if a Dealer Diagnosis the Problem "" ? .
Considering there have been so many changes to the ECU And so many piblished "Updates" i may well try a
legal route . Its crazy , it a ten grand Bike , it simply shouldnt behave like this.

The Actual ECU unit is facing upward , so any water ingress is staying in the Socket , probably why there was so
much damage to the Pins .. Heartbreaking.

There was a technical update that should of been carried out on your bike that involved installing a rubber boot over the ECU to prevent water intrusion. If this hasn't been carried out it is the probable cause of the problem. Did you buy the bike new? If so you should of been notified if your warranty was activated properly.

As I understand it the pin-out is different between the Ducati ECU's and the Guzzi ones.

Pete

No i didnt buy the Bike New ,
The LAdy at Piaggio , in U.K. says the only recall that is outstanding on My Stelvio is the Centerstand ?
I think we will have another Chat tomorrow .

pete roper said:
As I understand it the pin-out is different between the Ducati ECU's and the Guzzi ones.
Yes it sure is.

I can get a Bellagio IAW 5AM Ecu , at less than half the Pirce of the Stelvio item ,
Does anyone know , can the Bellagion Unit be "" Flashed "" to suit the Stelvio.
The Jury is out on Piaggio UK making any gesture towards the Repair .
Personally i think they are responsible , as it is an inherant fault , on the Stelvio

Phil

Yes the bellagio unit can be reflashed. I even have a ducati ecu here reflashed with guzzi map and my stelvio runs on that too.
But any Guzzi Carc ecu isn't a problem at all.

I can supply your original map for the reflash. And if you look on ebay, there is in the netherlands an bellagio ecu for 138 euro
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Moto-Guzzi-Be ... 51ac83f05c
Ain't that cheap?

For your loom, cheack the connector, I have here some connectors out of a fiat, they are different make(bosch), but there I could get the pins out without disturbing anything. The hood off, and then you can take a plate out that holds the pins.

Just picked up my 2013 Stelvio from Todd after his reflash and I am very happy!! no more vibes around 4000 RPM very smooth and good power. Thanks Todd!!!

Back