Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles® -- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.
  2. There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to a PRODUCT or other competing website(s), this includes personal pages, social media or other Forums. We work very hard to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. Sorry to have to do this, but we don't have the time to chase these. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see our online STORE link above; GTM product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.

Stelvio PC-V/AutoTune install

Discussion in 'Stelvio Chat & Tech' started by GTM®, Sep 27, 2009.

1. BlackStelvio

BlackStelvio Just got it firing!

Hi All,

I just picked up this dicussion. I use the PCV for more than 1 year on my 09 Stelvio together with BOS exhaust and open air filter box it works perfectly.
    I got mine from DAES MOTOTEC in Germany, It was plug and play with all the original Guzzi Plugs fitted and maps installed

http://www.daes-mototec.de/

The only problem could be, the home page is only in German but I am sure there will be a way of comunication.

Good Luck

Chris

2. GTM®

GTM® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Chris, not sure of the SPAM for them here, but you certainly have a PCIII, not PC-V if you've had it for more then a year, and did not purchase from me. This simply means that you are only revising the fueling above 40% throttle. The world in which you mostly ride is below 40% throttle, so you have yet to discover what the ultimate in fueling offers.

3. THE BONESHAKER

THE BONESHAKER Tuned and Synch'ed

I have fitted a power commander v5 and autotune module on my 2010 Stelvio NTX. Can someone tell me what the trick is to not have the service warning light come on. Can I just leave the stock O2 sensor plugged in and strapped up somewhere out of the way?
    The autotune comes with a replacement broad range O2 sensor which I have utilized in the original fitting to the exhaust pipe. Is it possible to remove the original O2 sensor all together or should I just leave it plugged in?
    I do know that Todd can reflash the ECU but that is not what I want. I want to be able to reverse the installation at any/some time.
    Will leaving the original O2 sensor plugged in but not fitted in the exhaust do any harm?
    Your help will be appreciated.
    Cheers

4. GTM®

Boneshaker, it's all covered in my PC-V thread in the main section. If you do not use my ECU, you cannot unplug/remove the stock 02-sensor (it'll put the bike into an emergency/limp-home mode if you do) or revise the fueling below 40% throttle, and you'll need to weld in an additional 02-sensor bung for the wide-band 02-sensor supplied with the AutoTune unit.

5. THE BONESHAKER

THE BONESHAKER Tuned and Synch'ed

Thanks Todd, I have welded the extra bung on. Works a treat. The performance difference is amazing.

6. GTM®

Very good, just be sure to not try to over-ride the fuel map in the PC-V software below 40% throttle. It seems they deliver them with 10% in these columns, I recommend deleting them, meaning making them '0.' I also recommend narrowing the AFR target in AutoTune to 10% +/-, and not accepting the trims after one or two long rides.

7. Toadride

Toadride Cruisin' Guzzisti

It's still months before I end up in your neck of the wood, Todd (on a tour) but am curious as to the need for the PC and Autotune. Really don't want to spend the money and am hoping that a remap of my ECU will work for me (2012 NTX). I have a Mistral can and have disconnected the canister hoses. And should the O2 plugs be pulled and bunged also :?:

8. GTM®

Static mapping is difficult in trying to blanket one map for thousands of bikes around the world including fuel differences, wear and tear, etc. That said, my ECU re-flash for just a slip-on is very very good. If you are "set it and forget it" rider, then the ECU alone is best... If you are the type of rider who will try to find troublesome spots in the mapping, then I recommend the dynamic PC-V & AutoTune system in addition, as it will auto-revise those areas and give you access to fix any troublesome areas yourself (or via me/e-mail).
    With just the ECU, the sensors should be pulled and plugged (I have plugs here), and of course with the AT-300 we would install two wideband 02-sensors. Other questions?

Look forward to meeting you one day soon.

9. Trophy900

Trophy900 Tuned and Synch'ed

Hey Todd,

I'm not sure why I didn't notice this thread before... I have a GuzziTech reflashed ECU on my Stelvio that the previous owner added, but he didn't remove the O2 sensor. I'm getting terrible fuel mileage, but the bike has run well - seems a little fat here and there. I've PM'd you about an airbox change I'm planning on making (you responsended) and have been considering possibly going to the PCV and autotune. What are your suggestions - reflash the ECU for opened up airbox and remove the O2, or just move towards the PCV / autotune? I'm trying to be cost effective on the hardware side, but would also like the best fuel economy possible (its a 09 with the small tank), and don't want to loose performance.

Thanks,
    Jeff