• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Stelvio REGISTRY & Pics thread -- ADD YOUR BIKE

drcoopster said:
Ian Cooper's 2012 NTX, purchased 14 July 2012 from Erico Motorsports in Denver.
Awesome, thanks Ian. Care to post the VIN#?

by MotoMel » Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:22 am

Hi Mark,
hope you manage to get out and about soon. Before going out yesterday with Al, I'd ridden back from Plymouth, after spending a few days with my son and riding around Cornwall. En-route home on Wednesday, I stopped for a coffee in Ilminster. A nice part of the world that you live in. Some good roads for bikes.
Mel.

Hi Mel,

Sorry just found this and didn't read until just now!

Glad you made it into my backyard!
Shame I didnt know as I would have met you for a coffee too.

Yes we have some good roads and scenic areas round these parts! Maybe we could plan a rideout in the summer for anyone interested in a SW England rideout from Guzzi Tech?

Anyhow see you soon.

cheers
Mark

Had a few hours out near Salisbury Plain on Saturday. Great weather and the Stelvio behaved impeccably!

We did the Shaftesbury Drove a legal off road lane from Salisbury to Shaftesbury about 13 miles in length. This lane is easy for the Stelvio with the correct tyres and could be attempted by a novice or someone with little experience. I may be able to lead a rideout in the spring if you are interested. There is another lane approx equal length in the opposite direction know as the Ox drove. As the name suggests these are ancient hill top roads used for driving sheep etc along to market.

The new boots helped I think. Mitas E07 Dakar.

Some pictures follow;-

Attachments

• photo2.JPG
    photo2.JPG
    713.1 KB · Views: 743
  • photo3.JPG
    photo3.JPG
    655.3 KB · Views: 742
My lovely lady also attempted the same lanes on a Yamaha XT660Z Tenere and loved every minute despite taking a little tumble! She got up straight away and brushed her self off and carried on! By the return leg of the lane she was really confident and both of us haven't stopped talking about the experience since! Only her second off road experience and the XT Tenere is a big bike too!

Here she is behind the Stelvio with her XT;- :)

Attachments

• Photo 1.JPG
    Photo 1.JPG
    495.5 KB · Views: 738
UKstridey said:
My lovely lady also attempted the same lanes on a Yamaha XT660Z Tenere and loved every minute despite taking a little tumble! She got up straight away and brushed her self off and carried on! By the return leg of the lane she was really confident and both of us haven't stopped talking about the experience since! Only her second off road experience and the XT Tenere is a big bike too!

Here she is behind the Stelvio with her XT;- :D

Nice photos and item of your offf-road experience. I've never done any off-road, so yes - I'd be interested next year and I imagine that goes for Al too. I should imagine that I'd have changed my 'Roadsmarts' by then, for something that would cope!
Mel.

My new girl !
Doing the first service tomorrow.

8PMw0HUyOpbjkGED-VqUHtwYMgTsmoR4Z20-W5lRMq8=w1035-h583-no

Hello all!
New NTX owner here in Phoenix, AZ. Bought my 2013 used from a dealer in Las Vegas having only 880 miles on it.
Here she is:
guzzi.jpg

I have the bash plate off checking for leaks after her first oil change.
I also ride a 2009 KTM 400XCW and a 2010 KTM 690 Enduro.

I don't want to bork the registry on the front so could someone smarter than me post up my VIN (ZGULZU01XDM112349)?

Todd

My Stelvio VIN#ZGULZ00039M112782 - John Bolland - Birkenhead, Auckland, New Zealand
was sold on when I went to a new 1200 Sport.

Bigbugberg said:
Hello all! New NTX owner here in Phoenix, AZ. Bought my 2013 used from a dealer in Las Vegas having only 880 miles on it. I don't want to bork the registry on the front so could someone smarter than me post up my VIN (ZGULZU01XDM112349)?
Welcome to the Forum and Famiglia. Congrats on the Stelvio... I love mine. Appreciate the VIN#, I just need a little more info to post it.

Hope to see you visit and post often. Any questions on the Stelvio, fire away.

So, I thought that I should do a quick update. My Stelvio now has just over 5000 km now. I managed to get one 560 km ride last summer and was really pleased with the performance and comfort of the bike.
I took the bike in at the 5000 km mark and had it serviced and the factory heated grips put on. Looking forward to the 2014 riding year and getting more miles and smiles.
Ride safe all and have a great Guzzi 2014!

Well I officially joined the Stelvio club. Picked up my 2013 2 weeks ago this coming Friday. Here is a picture of the beast just before I left Moto International.

From there I headed out on the 1700 mile journey back to Reno the really long way. Visiting friends in the PNW before a 550 mile one day run from Portland to Reno.

The bike ran great over all with some great weather and a full day of western WA rain and 150 miles of NV 40 mph cross wind. I was really impressed with how the bike handled in the wind.

In the process of the run from Portland my right side driving light quit, but fortunately MI had installed fused jumpers in, with out be even asking. Which was a big help.

My gas mileage is slowly creeping up. My high was just short of 39 MPG and low was 35 with an overall average of 36 for the entire trip. I did do a lot of spirited riding in any curves I could find and for the break in period varied the RPMs a lot. The run from Portland I got 39 mpg on one tank and 37 mpg on the next and that's running in a steady wind the whole way really bad cross minds on the second tank and holding pretty steady and 5-10 mph above the speed limit. So we will see how it does as it breaks on further.

Good to do a long ride to get an idea of what I want I need to add. Which is:

1) different foot pegs
2) relocated the driving lights and mount highway pegs in their place.
3) Look into getting the bikes fueling remapped in hopes to reduce the vibes at 3500 rmp and get better throttle response in lower RPMs
4) research a topcase, not sure if I want to go with the Trax r through a Givi on it.
5)Throttle lock

I did add a tourtech spoiler to the windshield with greatly reduced the buffeting can ride with my visor up to about 65-70 depending on traffic and is the wind is blowing.

All in all I am really happy with the bike, it actually did great right out of the box, I did have MI install heat grips and the euro signal kit prior to be picking it up.

Another shout out to TSS Moto Guzzi Portland, they did my first service, great guys there too.

Now just to get more miles on!!!

photo%20%283%29-L.jpg

VIN#ZGULZU013DM112547 - 2013 orange Stelvio NTX, purchased new by me one March 29, 2014. David Haynes, Blount Springs AL. Photos:
P4256882-XL.jpg

P4246864.jpg

I've heard nothing but good things about this forum. Looking forward to participating!

IMAG1270 1 About time I posted a photo of the bike and the local area, up early this morning to ride the North Norfolk coast road before the traffic gets bad. A great start with a massive (for around here) thunder storm stopped at Brancaster Staithe to get out of my wet weather gear and snapped this, bikes and boats great and home in time for breakfast

Sorry chaps
Tried to add a photo and the file is too big how do you get the right size and how do you add it.
Thanks
Nik.

Nik said:
Sorry chaps. Tried to add a photo and the file is too big how do you get the right size and how do you add it.
Thanks Nik.
Nik, send it to me direct email and I'll downsize and upload it for you. Otherwise, there's an online site; http://www.picresize.com -OR- a freeware program you download; http://pixresizer.en.softonic.com - the best resolution is 800 px in width @72 dpi.

Back