• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Stelvio REGISTRY & Pics thread -- ADD YOUR BIKE

Re:Stelvio out and about pics here...

Today's out and about pic...

stelviojuniper594.jpg

The wife and I spent six days in Boyer, WV this past August riding some of the back counrty roads. Below are pictures of our bikes / toy hauler and one of a typical West Virginny back country highway :S Both my the Stelvio and the wifes BMW F650 GS handled the back country highways just fine. Can't wait to go back next year to discover some new trails ;)

KNordstromWV1.jpg

KNordstromWV2.jpg

Some pictures from my first Stelvio ride: Prague-Passo Stale-Genova-Monaco-St.Croix-Nice-Milano-Prague

Stelvio - real coffee racer brings me to italian coffee bar
img_5060.jpg

My 2 loves over Monaco
img_5088.jpg

Happy driver with full tank (Sunday afternoon close to Verdun, every petrol station closed)
img_5237.jpg

Italian beauty among BMWs (I do not want to have BMW anymore)
img_5366.jpg

Sometimes need to compare my GPS with paper map
img_5444.jpg

Last 1200km I passed on board of a truck, because 5nails from rear wheel went out. I was only 160km far from mother factory and nobody was able to help me, truck from home was most quick solution...

manec wrote:
Last 1200km I passed on board of a truck, because 5nails from rear wheel went out. I was only 160km far from mother factory and nobody was able to help me, truck from home was most quick solution...

Goodness... then it really sucks that all workshops are closed on holidays!

How common is that on spoked wheels??

BTW: in France, most all of the larger supermarket chains have petrol stations with DIY credit-card pumps. On the countryside, you'll mostly find Intermarch

Manec......

What size tire and who is the manufacture of your rear tire?
You have a regular Stelvio correct and not the NTX?
I have not been able to find a knobby tire to fit the 5.5" rear rim.

Nice Roman, congrats on the big S... thanks for your Registry details as well. Look forward to many posts from you.

My Stelvio is model 2008 and czech importeur changed the rear wheel for 150/4,25" put tyre Metzeler Karoo T before NTX came to the shops. I run tis tyre for 2500km and changed for Metzeler Tourance exp, becuase from 2500km on grob tyres I used it maximum for 1km and on the street I feel the grobs, could not enjoy the music of 2valves.

The brocken nails from my wheel could have reason from tird party suplier, importuer took all costs and helped me:)

You can use the Pirelli MT 60 tires. 160 60 17
People riding Buells off road use them on the same size wheels as the regular Stelvio.
(180 55 17)

First day out.

I took my new NTX for a 250km running in ride through the mountains.

All nice and shiny! :laugh:
DSC_1310_1190.JPG

Without any doubt the 09 spec engine has the pulling power spread much lower than the 08. B)
DSC_1322_1202.JPG

Equally the handling on my new bike is far superior to the demonstrator I borrowed, I can't say if it's the NTX wheels and Tourance tyres or the demo being badly set up

DSC_1327_1207.JPG

Compared to my old 1150GSA (which I always use a benchmark) the Stelvio is a much lighter bike to handle and absorbs potholes ect far more smoothly, it's also much more comfortable, I doubt I'll need to buy any seat enhancement although as I've raised the seat I may need to invest in a Givi Screen

Re: First day out.

A tank that's almost half the volume of the GSA's tank must help I guess, in the handling.

Photos no worky. Not sure one can link to pictures on Facebook like that...

Here's a picture of my Stelvio Sorry about the framing, but the pilot was taking off when I rode up, so I had too shoot quick.
IMAG0146.jpg

Re: Stelvio out and about pics here...

What d'ya expect, most are awaiting parts or repair, no? :silly: :whistle:

No Rene you exagerate ;)

Apart from the usual silly little niggles, misting dash, speedo sensor and fuel guage all is well and hunky dory.
Surely we can put up with that.
The big Stelvio still brings a smile to my face after 12000 miles :D
I asume all is quiet because we have all been out ramming loads of miles on our Stelvios in the great September sunshine.

Loftyjohn

Ps I had a queer feeling the other day, it was the Rocker 3 roadster I just couldn't take my eyes off it :oops:

Here's the latest picture of my Stelvio. It's waiting for parts, but it's all self induced. I sent the ECU to Todd so, I'm waiting for my PCV-AT. It all seemed like a good idea right up to the time I shipped the ECU off, now I thinking why didn't I wait till winter. :?
IMAG0157.jpg

Oooooooohh

Bike pr0n! :mrgreen: :ugeek:

Back