• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Stelvio seat

kwn306

High Miler
I know someone on this site did a custom seat. I would like to do another Russell Day Long seat but it is not in the budget at least this year.

Has anyone attempted a gel pad with sheepskin to get rid of the butt burn? Is one brand any better than another?

I have tried the beads and so far they do not cut it.

I have to find some solution, one hour is about as long as my butt can stand the seat.

I love my Airhawk seat cushion. I have done 700+ mile days on it comfortably/

I've been using a sheepskin only. good improvement, far from perfect. I have a Propad gel pad, cloth cover, that I've used on other bikes, haven't tried it on the Stelvio yet.

I pinged Spencers to see if they'd do a rebuild on the Stelvio drivers portion, he said he wanted to have a chance for "hands-on" on the bike before he'd try one. Maybe if enough of us ask, he'll start doing them.

Try the airhawk!]I have not used it myself but I have talked with several different riders and they swear by it. I find the seat to be a little uncomfortable myself on longer rides. I am actually considering getting the seat re worked but I am going to give the airhawk a go firt. Good Luck John!! Happy Trails!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5G_yZLgF76c

There's nothing like riding a bike with a seat that's been custom made to fit your butt and riding position. There is usually someone in every area that can do it. For me, it's Don Weber at Mr Ed's Moto in Albany, Oregon. The Stelvio will be the 10th seat he's done for me. Spend the money once rather than over and over trying to find something that works. Barring that, I've heard an Airhawk or Alaska sheepskin are next best, but I've never tried them personally.

I got a set of Airhawks for the EV. That was a waste of money. The wife and I both hated them. Tried them with more air, less air, everything I could. I finally sold them at a great loss. Back to the sheepskin.

Wayne Orwig wrote:
I got a set of Airhawks for the EV. That was a waste of money. The wife and I both hated them. Tried them with more air, less air, everything I could. I finally sold them at a great loss. Back to the sheepskin.

Yeah I suppose like anything they work well for some folks and not so well for others. I have never tried a sheepskin, but the Airhawk works great for me. On my trip from FL to CA for the national last year I was doing 500-800 mile days, day after day. Man I would have been in sorry shape if not for the Airhawk.

KWN, maybe there's a way you can borrow one and try it first. They are not too cheap, though I did score my lightly used one on ebay for about $90. I swear by mine and won't be without it on any trip over 300 miles.

Re: Re:Stelvio seat

Bluntly said:
I used an Alaska Leather sheepskin on my 1150GSA and it made a big difference, eliminated the "hotspots" very well, IF I get any problem with the Stelvio I'll probably get another, especially as you can now get them with gel inserts.

http://www.alaskaleatheronline.com/servlet/StoreFront

Has anyone ever fit a sheepskin on the pillion seat? And if so which brand model have you experience with? My passenger has her eye on them.

Thanks!

famo

The seat is my big complaint, it pushes me (lets me slide) forward all the time and after 150 miles it's bloody uncomfortable.
Been talking to a local seat upholsterer who is going to remove the cover skim a bit off the top to make it level and put a layer of softer foam on the top that will be more sympathetic and refit the cover. He is quoting around the £40 mark. At that price even if I'm not 100% happy and he has another crack at it it won't be a disaster. Could be the cheapest mod so far :pinch: :lol:

Back