• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Stelvio Supplemental Fuel Tank

My reply from last night...

the tank will be available approximately for the second week of November.

Please let us know if you want to order this article and how do you want to pay: we'll immediately reserve it for you and send you these parts as soon as possible.

In case of order we need to know the address, telephone number and kind of payment do you want to use.

The payment can be done cash on delivery, by credit card, through paypal or with a bank transfer (by cash it would cost you more)

Credit card we need:

- owner of the card

- credit card numbers

- expiry date

- security number (it's in the rear side of the card and it's composed by the last 3 numbers)

If you want, when the pack will be ready, I'll send you the pro forma invoice with total amount and I'll send you directly from Paypal website the payment request: using this system you won't have to tell me your credit card details.

Bank transfer: as soon as we'll have the total amount including expedition's price, we'll make you an e-mail with a copy of the order and our bank information.

Otherwise you will find it at Mg Cycle that’s our dealer in the USA.

Thank you for your cooperation and best regards

Anna

STUCCHI LUIGI SRL

Accessori e ricambi moto

Verniciature e restauri

Strada per Maggiana,24

23826 Mandello del Lario (LC)

Tel. +39 0341/731344

Fax +39 0341/733801

Http://www.stucchiluigi.it

All is strangely quiet on the Stucchi Luigi front. Still waiting for word of a pending shipment.

nwrider said:
All is strangely quiet on the Stucchi Luigi front. Still waiting for word of a pending shipment.

It doesn't look like MG Cycle has received their shipment of the tanks yet either.

Bruce

I just received this e-mail from Anna at Stucchi Luigi's:

Hello John,

we inform you that the auxiliary tank will be available within the end of November.

We confirm you that we have a new version: this tank has a capacity for 14 lt. that is reduced to a real capacity 12 lt. by the pump and the float.

We changed the ignition system, the fuel is not pumped into the main tank, but in the auxiliary tank that is already connected to the fuel system.

The price is 595,43 € tva included and it is supplied with the fitting kit, the pump and the electric system.

I inform you that you'll find the new tank photo in the next days on our website www.stucchiluigi.it

At your availability for any further information you should need, best regards

Anna

STUCCHI LUIGI SRL
Looks like the price is still what was shown earlier 492.09 Euros w/o the European tax, Plus about 75 euros for shipping. Around $800 USD.

Not just too sure what she's saying about the new pump/float system -- perhaps when the main tank gets low enough the electrical connection disables the regular fuel pump and switches over to the aux fuel pump and float?

12 liters net capacity = 3.2 gallons + 4.8 main tank =8 gallons total, very close to what the new 2012 Stelvio will be.

Update: I received my billing invoice from Stucchi Luigi's this morning and within minutes of completing the transaction, Anna sent me the UPS tracking number. So, I guess it's official. The new aux tank is ready for shipment.

If UPS information is correct, I should have it in about 3 business days. Could be Tuesday or Wednesday next week.

nwrider said:
I just received this e-mail from Anna at Stucchi Luigi's:

We confirm you that we have a new version: this tank has a capacity for 14 lt. that is reduced to a real capacity 12 lt. by the pump and the float.

We changed the ignition system, the fuel is not pumped into the main tank, but in the auxiliary tank that is already connected to the fuel system.

Not just too sure what she's saying about the new pump/float system -- perhaps when the main tank gets low enough the electrical connection disables the regular fuel pump and switches over to the aux fuel pump and float?

12 liters net capacity = 3.2 gallons + 4.8 main tank =8 gallons total, very close to what the new 2012 Stelvio will be.

Yes. This confused me too on a couple of fronts: (1) why would they buried the fuel pump inside the extension? I would have hoped it would be external and quickly changeable, and (2) its not connected to the main tank...that's how they did the last version did they not?

Pure speculation at this point, but I think they might have wanted to do away with the connection at the fuel tank filler neck on the main tank. I did receive a delivery date from UPS of Friday the 25th. If I'm able to read the instructions (which I bet are in Italian) I'll post some additional information about how the system is supposed to work.

I received my aux tank yesterday:

What little explanation there is in the instructions, they indicate that fuel from the aux tank can be started and stopped at any time with any frequency. The handlebar control has two LED lights - green and red. When it shows red, the aux tank is empty. The connection is to the line from the regular tank's discharge line and to the injector lines. The electronics apparently synchronize between the two fuel pumps since the sub-harness and the aux tank switch plug into the main harness fuel pump connector. I hope to have it installed during the weekend and will take some additional pictures. The instructions state that there will be a video of the installation process posted in the garage section of http://www.stucchiluigi.it web site. However, it's not been posted as yet.

The instructions also indicate that there may be some minor modifications necessary to earlier models of the Stelvio -- apparently, there are some differences where the tank mounts. The tank is designed to work with the NTX.

Attachments

• Aux_Tank_top.jpg
    Aux_Tank_top.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 1,191
  • Aux_Tank_L.jpg
    Aux_Tank_L.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 1,192
  • Aux_Tank_R.jpg
    Aux_Tank_R.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 1,191
  • Aux_Tank_Rear.jpg
    Aux_Tank_Rear.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 1,192
  • Aux_Tank_T.jpg
    Aux_Tank_T.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 1,192
Man, that looks like a fun project! I would be very interested in how the electronics/pump control all come together...

FINALLY got my invoice for my new tank!! Woohoo!!! Maybe by the time it gets REALLY cold and icy, I'll have the tank and can sit around in the garage, sip some home brewed ale and mount the silly thing!

Rick

I've posted the final installment of the aux tank installation and required modification of the MG saddlebag mounts over at Wildguzzi. You'll note that some of the instructions were incorrect and/or pictures weren't all that illuminating to be able to understand what was required. Although I posed questions to Stucchi Luigi's Anna, I haven't had a reply. I still don't know what several of the supplied brackets were for.

Rick, good news for you. If you have any follow up questions, pm me.

John

I've gotta say that all this cutting and welding to put a supposedly bolt-on item in place is giving me the heebie-jeebies. The first generation of these tanks did not require such radical surgery. This is very discouraging indeed. :(

Bruce

"I still don't know what several of the supplied brackets were for."

They may help to avoid the cutting and welding. Just my WAG.

Conteacher said:
"I still don't know what several of the supplied brackets were for."

They may help to avoid the cutting and welding. Just my WAG.

A very good point! There may be some way around this hacking and sawing. That is certainly my hope!

Thanks Conteacher,

Bruce

The two brackets provided are used to lower the support arms on each side. SOOOOOO.... not cutting required!!

DSC00025-M.jpg

motowfo said:
The two brackets provided are used to lower the support arms on each side. SOOOOOO.... not cutting required!!

DSC00025-M.jpg

Excellent! Thanks motowfo!

Bruce

Got a message from MG Cycle yesterday. They are expecting the supplemental fuel tanks in at the beginning of the week. Should have mine pretty soon, depending upon the vagaries of Canada Customs that is! :D

Cheers,

Bruce

Working on new "pictures" on installation process. Little things not mentioned in the documentation like having to move the clutch assembly, etc.

Should have this done by next weekend. I did decide today that I'm going to move the front tank shroud just to get better routing for the wiring. Also, having never taken the connectors from the tank before, I'd just like a better look.

We'll see.

Rick

Guys, my dealer installed my auxiliary tank for me today while I was at work. Everything went smoothly and everything works, except for one thing. The green LED light seems fine, but the red light on the switch will not illuminate. We are suspecting a faulty switch, since the green light is operational. The tech who did the work observed that everything about the set-up seemed very high quality, except for the switch. It looks, in his words, "cheesy."

Any thoughts? Are we missing something here?

Thanks,

Bruce

Back