• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Stelvio Supplemental Fuel Tank

I'd suggest an email to Anna, to get a replacement switch. You may want to check some of the wiring harnesses. I found several wires that were not "fully" connected.

Currently, I'm waiting for replacement harness from Stucchi Luigi. I will say their customer service is fabulous!!

Rick

motowfo said:
I'd suggest an email to Anna, to get a replacement switch. You may want to check some of the wiring harnesses. I found several wires that were not "fully" connected.

Currently, I'm waiting for replacement harness from Stucchi Luigi. I will say their customer service is fabulous!!

Rick

Thanks, Rick. I will send Anna a message.

Cheers,

Bruce

Hey Bruce,

Did you get everything taken care of? Did you find out the Red light only comes on when the auxiliary tank is empty (or about empty)?

I finally got my tank on, wiring installed and working. It's all working well.

Rick

motowfo said:
Hey Bruce,

Did you get everything taken care of? Did you find out the Red light only comes on when the auxiliary tank is empty (or about empty)?

I finally got my tank on, wiring installed and working. It's all working well.

Rick

Thanks, Rick. I won't know for another six weeks or so when I get my bike out of winter storage. We've had some mild weather lately but the forecast Is now calling for more snow. The streets here are still very contaminated with salt anyway.

Cheers,

Bruce

I bought the first release of the aux tank and after it playing up time and time again I have finally lost patience with it.I've taken out all the SL loom and wired it in myself via the supplied handlebar switch to simply start pumping from the aux tank when I push the button in and stop when I let go.

Ideally I would like to change to a push on push off switch but I'm worried about forgetting it's on and damaging the pump when all the fuel is transfered.

There is a float switch which is live when in the empty position and dead when raised. Is there anyone out there who could tell me how to use this to switch off the current once all the fuel has been transfered? I'm sure Mr Maplin has something but this is not my speciality. I thought maybe the relay did something but I have tried wiring it up to the float switch to see if it cut the current when moved but nothing happened.

Any sparx out there with a good idea?
Ray

Why not have a small LED light on the bar that is lit when full, and goes out when empty. Then you know when to turn of your manual switch ?? :woohoo:

pnguzzi said:
Why not have a small LED light on the bar that is lit when full, and goes out when empty. Then you know when to turn of your manual switch ?? :woohoo:
The display never working properly was one reason I scrapped their wiring. The other reason was it started randomly filing the main tank, sometimes when it was already full.

Ok got the answer, if it helps anyone else who has bought one of these very expensive pieces of crap good luck.

Maplins code N14AW amp 12vdc minature relay.

Simply wire in the aux pump feed across (from the top) terminals 1 & 3 on the same side.

Power up the float switch and run it across either side on the bottom two terminals.

When the tank empties the float switch makes a circuit, as this is powered it activates the relay and takes power from terminal 1 to terminal 2 (unused), shutting down the aux pump.

Well it would do if the float switch worked properly, it works fine out of the tank but unless you clout it it sticks either up or down, back to Maplins!

PM me if you need any help scrapping the early version aux tank wiring, it may be simplistic but at least it works now!
Ray

Hello can anyone please tell me if they are going to make the long range fuel tank ever again, I have been waiting well over 12 months

Up until this last weekend, I would have nothing bad to say about the early version of the Stucchi tank on my 2009 Stelvio. However on Sunday, I found myself riding through a mist of fuel thinking my buddy on his Harley in front of me had lost an essential fuel component. I pulled over to discover that my Stucchi tank was the offender. I must have bumped the handlebar button by accident and it transferred the 2 gallons up to my nearly full tank. The charcoal can was spitting out the remainder all over me and the bike.

After some diagnosis, it is apparent that the black control box has a fault in it and the lockout-until-empty feature is not working. I've not heard back from the tech email at Stucchi. I hope to hear soon. I also found some loose wires in the Stucchi supplied plug connectors, but they were not at fault.

Loose wires... hmmm, seems to be a recurring theme going on here!

After the 3rd wiring harness (loose wires on the first 2), 2nd set of fuel lines with new check valves(original set had faulty check valves), however, I will say that the tank has been working flawlessly for all of spring, summer and fall riding. I'm sorry that it took so long to get all the right pieces together but at this time I'm very happy with Gen 2 of the Aux tank.

That being said...

I never even try to turn on the Aux tank until I'm at least down to the last bar on the gauge, just in case one of the check valves may fail.

Rick

It's been 9 months now and no replacement black box from Stucchi. They said they were going to produce some replacement parts for the early tank, but no word for in several months on that.
I removed the extraneous wiring and installed an illuminated on/off manual switch from Autozone on my dash. I wired a N/O relay through the low level float so that it would cut itself off when dry. Worked like a charm on my Alaska trip.
Too many miles of dirt roads and vibration caused the fitting at the bottom of the tank to leak so I'll be tending to that next.

Rewired aux tank didn't work the other day.
Checked it over the weekend Stucchi float switch no longer floats.
Just the pump left to pack up now.
Unbelievable...................

Same here. My manual switch works great but the low-level float stopped working so I just timed each transfer and cut it off manually at about 4.5 minutes. Oh, yeah, on the way back from Alaska, the fitting at the bottom started leaking to the point where I had to stop using the tank.

I have a second generation in the corner of my garage. Stucchi pretty much quit talking to me on my inability to get the pump to seal.

See if I every buy anything else from them.

Keith

Sorry to hear that Keith, but not surprised. I have thought about this coz sure as eggs is eggs the pump or some part of it will fail before long.
Have a look for one of the old flying brick beemers K75/100 Rt/RS/LT that sort of thing from the 80's.
The fuel pump mounted in the tank should cost you no more than about $30 from a breaker.
It hasn't happened yet so I haven't actually done it but it may be best to weld a plate over the old pump hole and start again.
You could fit a much better quality float switch and mount it at the top of the tank rather than the bottom avoiding any leak/seepage problems.

In hindsite what makes me really cross is that I could have bought all the bits (and the welder that I've been trying to justify to myself for a while now) not spent as much and ended up with a better product.

As you say once bitten twice shy, I won't be looking at their website again.

Back