• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Stelvio TT

RJVB

GT Reference
To be presented at the EICMA:

08103018B500motoguzz.jpg

don't know anything more at the moment, but I'm sure others here do (or will, before me)!

I've seen that shot somewhere earlier... and I say good deal on these two items: Bags, and tires. B)

Thanks for the post.

I can't really see what's interesting... Tyres, the gold color (maybe) what other differences???
I mean I can't see a 250 kg + bike REALLY going for an enduro or in some really muddy terrain... or you'd have to be an expert moto cross driver to be able to handle it...
I am already thinking of changing my tires but for real road tires when the initial set is done.

You're missing the titanium frame and aluminium engine, Wonder! Makes it loads lighter! And then a clever re-design of the tank innards give it a much longer range, too!

Wonder how much they charge for all those accessories mounted as standard!

Ah OK... but it's really hard to tell from the simple photo... you have access to the technical data then!!!!
Titanium frame... I can't even start to imagine how much this baby is going to cost!!!! Way out of my league for sure!!!
I'll settle for the bigger tank as an optional mount on mine!:)

The real question is what are those tires? None of the popular dirt-leaning tires are made in our tire sizes.

My personal opinion is that what is still missing is a proper mud-handling front fender. Something like what I fabbed up last night. Stella Gets a Nose Job 1.0:

beak004.jpg

beak001.jpg

Wonder, you didn't notice my tongue in cheek then? :p

Tex... the Stella I remember was way more pretty than that ... though she also had a set of very prominent features :silly:
Seriously, are you sure you're not impeding airflow to the oil radiator too much?!

Sorry RJVB I thought you were dead serious! LOL

I was also asking myself the exact same question about the radiator!

No problem with air flow, the fender is vented on the back. From the catalog you can just see it:

0000_Acerbis_Tecnik_Universal_Front_Fender.jpg

This was a first shot at it. After first look, I'm thinking this particular fender is too wide.

RJVB wrote:
To be presented at the EICMA:

08103018B500motoguzz.jpg

don't know anything more at the moment, but I'm sure others here do (or will, before me)!

This is exactly what I was hoping to see the Stelvio as. I hope they bring them here just like this. Is this going to be available from the dealer just like this?

This version finally looks like a alternative to the GS.

WitchCityBallabio wrote:
This is exactly what I was hoping to see the Stelvio as. I hope they bring them here just like this. Is this going to be available from the dealer just like this?
Apparently, yes it is, as shown. As for the tires, the answer lies in... NEW Stelvio TT with all options shown, and optional 4.25"rearwheel.

That tells the story, for a minute there I got excited to see that they had paid to have a new knobbie developed for the 5.5" rim. Too bad.

I am sure the tyres will help the bike's off road prowess but unless you are a very capable enduro rider I think the Stelvio makes an awful off road bike.

I ridden mine in a few fields and on gravelly roads and it is simply too heavy- you can really feel the weight at very slow speeds, and it would cost a fortune if you had a heavy drop. Remember it actually weighs 270kgs (594 pounds) before you start bolting luggage etc to it.

For me the Stelvio bike makes a great tourer on crappy roads but I would buy a ratty old XT600 for hacking around tracks and fields.

This is what Guzzi tells about it:

ACCEPTS EVERY CHALLENGE.

The new Moto Guzzi Stelvio 1200 4V TT has been designed to tackle any journey. It simply eats up
the miles on and off-road thanks to a new special pack of accessories for long-distance touring that will also
be available as optional extras for those already lucky enough to own a Moto Guzzi Maxi Enduro. The extras
include a sump shield, engine protectors, aluminium panniers, cylinder protection bars, CA.R.C. transmission
protectors, integral hand guards, additional headlights and, for riders wanting to go off-road, an additional set
of knobbly tyres with a 150/70 R17 rear tyre fitted to a 4.25” rim.
This multi-purpose character is also high-lighted by the new magnesium colour scheme that is now
added to the three original Stelvio colours: racing red, Guzzi black and pearl white. The slim-line lower
section of the Stelvio is dominated by the superb aluminium spoked wheels and by the engine and shaft
drive system. The Moto Guzzi Stelvio 1200 4V has a compact, muscular upper half and the great attention
paid to rider comfort is clear to see.
There are countless style details that reflect the sense of purpose that lies behind the Stelvio. These
range from the twin headlights, the adjustable screen and saddle, the generous size of the frame cross
members, the aluminium exhaust system and the attention paid to looking after pillion passengers and
baggage.
Even the engine is part of the overall design and highlights the “throbbing heart” of the Stelvio 1200
4V - the unmistakeable transverse V 90 twin cylinder high performance “Quattrovalvole” engine. A powerful
and passionate machine, the TT version of the Stelvio 1200 4V really is ready to accept any challenge.

.... The new Moto Guzzi Stelvio 1200 4V TT has been designed to tackle any journey. It simply eats up
the miles on and off-road thanks to a new special pack of accessories for long-distance touring ....

with 18 l Tank ??
:S :S

kwn306 wrote:
Will the TT be available in the USA, if so when will it show up and at what cost?:unsure:
The million dollar question. Sure it will, just don't count on seeing it here until Spring/Summer 09 at the earliest.

Piaggio has been king at halting any "here now" Guzzi sales momentum in the States.

Seems to me that even if it isn't "available" as a straight purchase, a few accessories and Bob's your uncle you've got a TT. All that remains is to paint "TT World Traveller" on the tank. Me thinks you would save a heap of cash doing it this way.

Only prob might be the smaller rear rim, but I have started enquiries with Alpina to see if they can supply, the other alternative is a custom from Woody's Wheels.

We havn't even got version I Stelvio here yet, so any version II is a mighty long way off, but of course everything comes to those that wait.

Re:Stelvio TT -- in the US

Unless Thousand Oaks got blown overseas by the Santa Anna Winds, the Stelvio actually is "here, now". I saw it and sat on it at Thousand Oaks Moto Guzzi three weeks ago. I've also seen the press bikes at their "undisclosed location" in Torrance.

Danilo

The standard version is here now, however, everyone's asking about the new TT. Granted the only differences are the accessories and wheel wheel (which knowing Guzzi will be a cool $1k+ USD alone).

In my spare time, I'm putting together a video review of the Stelvio. Hope to have it online here soon.

Um you've got spare time???? Better have a word with G to see if she can find some jobs around the house for you ;) I presume the vid will feature "Your" new Stelvio - come on now, when are you going to spill the beans??????

Danilo
"Here" for me is Austraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalia mate - Stelvio has been seen but not available for purchase yet.

Back