• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Stelvio turns but doesn't fire. Error code 54. Service warning following flat battery

ducatiguzzi

Just got it firing!
Hi All

Strange thing other with my 2011 big stelvio. I've read everything I can find but no mention of this error.
Story so far with what I discovered on route, maybe help some folks.

The bike hasn't moved for around 6 weeks due to holidays and work, so 2 days ago the sun was shining (in Scotland) so off for a spin....or so I thought.
After a few attempts to start the battery died, cranking but no fire. I connected a spare battery I have using jump leads and tried again, still no fire then up popped the red triangle and error code 54 which I believe is instrument signal problem. Along with that the ! SERVICE message at the bottom of the display.
I'm pretty sure no fuel was getting injected

I put the battery on charge and returned later once full, still no fire but cranking happily.

Investigation went like this (all positions as sitting on the bike)
Checked all fuses I could find, under the seat and behind the RHS triangular cover. Also the secondary fuses under the nose cone. All fine but I removed them cleaned up using electrical contact cleaner.

Still no good

Removed the LHS indicator panel and taking one relay out at a time, cleaned it up and replaced then tried again

Still no good

But when I removed the RHS indicator panel to reveal the 4 relays there, starting with the front most relay, the remove,clean, install and try to start worked and the bike fired up on first crank. Service message gone but red triangle still on, but haven't ridden it yet, I have charged the battery to full again over night and will try later today.

I would like to identify this relay and replace it, I've had a look at the guzzi manual and the schematic on here but the wires look a different colour to what I believed to be the injector relay. Any help?

Ive attached a photo of the offending item, the one I am pointing to.

My battery is getting a bit tired to so will probably replace it soon as well

Hope this helps somebody.

My questions are
What is the relay and does anyone know a replacement in the UK, I've googled but can only find second hand ones for Aprilia on ebay. L5A 12V 30A

What does Error 54 actually mean? I was starting to investigate which software and leads I will need to interrogate the ECU

Many Thanks IMG 1836

Back