Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the Service tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - AND PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: Most questions you may have are well answered on the Forum. As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free - be courteous. Also be sure to click on the Store link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We are still mostly a one man operation (not Amazon), so thanks in advance for your patience on orders. We do our best to get things out as quickly as possible, and we also aren't in control of things like customs & weather delays, etc. PLEASE refrain from emailing about your order Status, as you will get an email with tracking info when your order goes out; Email inquiries on orders slows everything down. Orders are currently being shipped once or twice a week. You can always sign into the online Store system to check the status. Please refrain if at all possible about emailing for an update; If you must ask for order info, please reply on the actual order email. You will get shipping info when it goes out via our online Store system (check your Spam folder), and if you want to cancel your order, please notify us direct email (do not post or use the Forum) and allow 7-10 business days for a reply BEFORE disputing the charge. We don't want your money if we can't deliver. Special order items are subject to a 15-20% cancellation fee. We cannot answer questions direct unless it’s about something on the Store or that you have purchased from us. We do NOT have a phone number - We are online only - Do not email and tell us to call you. You will find us highly responsive via email on the Contact page with any questions on our products (only). We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. Also be sure to see our GTMotoCycles.com custom BUILDS tab above.

Stelvio windscreen

Discussion in 'Stelvio Chat & Tech' started by Parson, Mar 1, 2013.

1. steve lindsay

steve lindsay Tuned and Synch'ed

I just got the newer Cal - sci windscreen for my 012 and the washers don't do the trick , still binds to the front of the nose cone and would ruin the paint in no time . I could probably get some rubber washers to build up the space but not sure it would work Pretty pissed at having to pay for shipping ( won't get it back ) and the damn thing has to be modified to work . The thing should bloody well fit for the money it costs ! Anybody else have this issue and if so would appreciate any tips to make it work .[/quote]

Had the same problem on my stock screen. Dealer heated up the bottom with a heat gun and bent it back enough to not touch. Worked great and you cannot even tell that he did it. If you are worried about doing it yourself take it to a plastics fab shop. Would probably take them all of 30 seconds to fix it.[/quote]

Thanks Canuck1969 , sounds like a fix alright . I'm pretty tempted to fire it back with a nasty note right now but will make some calls to Vancouver next week to see what I can find . You've had some warm weather in Southern Ontario of late . Summer hasn't hit here yet but hoping it changes soon . Take care . Steve

2. canuck1969

canuck1969 GT Reference GT Contributor

We had 36C with the humidity the last 2 days. Tomorrow is back to seasonal and no rain. Think we skipped spring and went right to summer.

Good luck with the screen and let us know how it went.

3. SockMonkey

SockMonkey Tuned and Synch'ed

Has anyone had any recent experience with the CalSci shields - say within the last 12 months or so on an MY11+ (Gen II) bike? If so, is binding on the front fairing still an issue?

4. AlanNZ

AlanNZ Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

I just trimmed 60mm off the top with a fine blade jigsaw and added a Wunderlich spoiler on top. Works well.
    Alan NZ

5. kmartin

kmartin Cruisin' Guzzisti

I purchased a CalSci recently because I was happy with the first generation and with one I put on a Multistrada. I would not recommend one for the current Stelvio. It will rub without spacers and I wasn't happy with performance. I currently have a x-creen lip on the stock screen.

Keith

6. SockMonkey

Looking at the pics below I borrowed from CalSci's website (I'll return them, I promise...), I guess I'm left wondering where exactly the shield would rub..? In these photos, it appears that the shield is in the lowered position. @kmartin Can you point out where those areas might be? Thanks!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 24, 2015
  7. kmartin

kmartin Cruisin' Guzzisti

The top of the dash rubs the inside of the screen. I don't remember for sure if it rubs on the front side of the bodywork. They included 2 big washers to space out the lower mounts, I added 4 more for a total of 3 washers on each side. Dan Ketchpel on advrider made some spacers to move the whole windscreen mount forward by 3/4 inch or so to address this.

advrider.com/index.php?threads/moto-guzzi-stelvio-merged-threadfest.113158/page-266

By the way, Sock, I'm still working my way through the advrider thread to see if there's any NTX specific stuff I missed in the last couple years. I'm only up to about page 400 or so but I've seen you in it a lot. I also recall that you've moved on to a Caponord, you still happy with it? I had an '09 Stelvio that was killed by a deer in 2014. I replaced it with a Multistrada, then recently back to the Stelvio. I rode the Caponord when I bought the Multi, I thought it had the best sounding engine, but it just didn't stir me. The most fun, I thought, was the KTM.

Keith

8. SockMonkey

Thanks for the input and and link, Keith. Much appreciated.

It's a different Sock Monkey on ADVrider - I'm not sure what his alias is here on GuzziTech. (I'm MLCavassa on that forum.)

9. SockMonkey

I emailed Mark @ CalSci about the rubbing issue. Here's his response:

"The windshield brackets on the stelvio are slightly adjustable. You have to get inside your fairing to get at these. From the factory they're set randomly. If your windshield touches the fairing, loosen the brackets, tip them backwards a bit, then tighten them up. Italian engineering at its best. . ."

Has anyone tried this..?

10. toma nova

toma nova Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

I had tried shimming out the stock screen to get more airflow behind it, but any more than 1/4" spacers change the screen mounting angles on the bracket too much. I recently had the tank and fairing off for some wiring work and shimmed the mounting brackets out 1/2" with SS washers and linger bolts, nothing fancy. This appears to help with the negative pressure behind the screen while still keeping the wind blast off my chest for winter. Come Spring, I'll go with a tinted CalSci shorty cut narrower to get the most airflow on me possible (my favorite so far is no screen but that doesn't look great).

Tom

11. Tallbrother

Tallbrother Just got it firing!

I purchased the NTX large screen from CalSci for my 2013 Stelvio about 5 months ago and it works great for me and using nylon or plastic washers of the same thickness instead of the steel washers that were included with the shield the shield does not rub on the fairing. With the large shield I can see over the top of the Cal Sci shield when it is in the low position and look through it when it is in the high position. My only concern is how much water I will get on the dashboard when it rains thanks to the cutout that eliminates turbulence.

12. WitchCityBallabio

WitchCityBallabio Cruisin' Guzzisti

So, I just picked up a used NTX fuel tank to put on my 09 over the winter. With this conversion, I need pretty much everything from the headlights to the seat. Anyone have a stock NTX windscreen they want to get rid of?

13. stelvio1962

stelvio1962 Tuned and Synch'ed

14. Different Spokes TV

Different Spokes TV Just got it firing!

I just bought a 2014 Stelvio which came with an extra tall Puig windshield. I don't know the exact model number but I've made a video of my first two-up ride with my wife on the back and the windshield performed very well while in its uppermost position. Here's the link:

I'll be making lots of Stelvio videos in the near future and would appreciate views from and especially subscriptions from other Guzzisti. Here's my YouTube channel address: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo0XVTNm0S2gHFRql4PevBg

15. John Warner

John Warner Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

On my '09, with the smaller Screen, I found it works much better upside down.
    It sat a little too low though for Winter Riding, so I made some Alloy Plates to lift it, which also moves it forwards a little, creating more of a gap to let air flow up the rear side.
    Absolutely perfect now, zero turbulence/buffeting at any speed.
    ScreenLift1.jpg ScreenLift3.jpg ScreenLift2.jpg ScreenRaise.jpg

Might be worth trying similar Plates on the later Screen, it may give you the results you want, without forking out for a larger one.