• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Stepper motor on/off kit

Seems the Forum merger killed my list somehow. I have most of you in my records with the PC-V purchase, but please e-mail me direct to be sure I have you down. So far:

Dan R - Norge
Mike C - Breva
Chris H - Griso 11
Matteo - Norge
Zipster - Norge
sandyc - Norge
Zapa - Sport 12
double.d - Griso
Adam F - 1200 Sport
Paul M - 1200 Sport
Rob S - Breva
Jon M - Griso
Robert H - Griso 8v
Vivo - Griso
Vito - Stelvio
Xenarchi - Breva
BSA - Griso
Jeff H - Sport 1200

I expected this to be in the same package as the PC-V but hopefully the install won't be difficult.

IF my hand made install works good enough I might consider jumping off this one... :blush:

No problem Zapa... teaser pic for the Griso/Breva/Sport 12 bikes, of the toggle switch mount;

Attachments

• StepMtrSw-GrisBrevS12.jpg
    StepMtrSw-GrisBrevS12.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 1,231
Boy, that's a real teaser, one has to look for that switch! ;)

Adam, will have them ready this week.

Must have to ask again, because the previous stepper motor thread doesn't give the info I need. I'm down for the kit, but don't fully understand what it does, why Guzzi have it , its physical functioning on the engine, and why it needs to be bypassed temporarily or permanently. I only know a stepper motor provides controlled incremental steps of a valve. What controls the stepper motor, its feedback signal etc. A diagram would go a long way to explain.
Come on you experts, show me the light.

++

A bit of comprehensive advertising would also make it easier for me to spam my french forum about this, as promised ;)

Todd,
Know you've been really busy with the PCV, sometime in the next few weeks. i would like to stop by and upgrade my ss suspespension and pick up the stepper motor switch.. It looks like I have some free time finally, hopefully you do.
cheers,
Jon

Edit: Just got marching orders to head off to the UK again, wont be back until early November, hope you're not going to charge me to much storage fee's for holding on to the bits for so long.
Thanks,
Jon

Todd
What is the latest with the stepper on/off kits, Unless I missed it I don't recall seeing a step by step PCV/ECU install post for the Norge.

Thanks

draidt said:
What is the latest with the stepper on/off kits, Unless I missed it I don't recall seeing a step by step PCV/ECU install post for the Norge.
Hi Dan, I am shipping the first few today. I'll put a 'Buy Now' link up hopefully tonight.

Breva11/Norge & Sport 1200 PC-V/AT install is linked at the top under Tech -> Fueling.

Kit shown below for Breva 11, Griso & Sport 1200 (includes clutch perch replacement clamp to hold switch) $80 - middle shown mounted -- and bottom pic shows switch mounted in Norge clutch perch (no clamp included) for $60. Link posted below this post, for ordering online, or contact me direct for check/M.O. - Todd at GuzziTech.com

SMK-BGSp.jpg

StepMtrSw-GrisBrevS12.jpg

SMK-N.jpg

Link to purchase on the main page of http://www.GuzziTech.com or direct HERE - I have 10 Griso/Breva11/Sport12 Kits and 12 Norge kits for now. It should give a sold out note when they are. I will post if/when they sell out.

Directions for installation are the main posting under the Tech tab at the top, or direct HERE.

rguzz said:
I'm down for the kit, but don't fully understand what it does, why Guzzi have it , its physical functioning on the engine, and why it needs to be bypassed temporarily or permanently. I only know a stepper motor provides controlled incremental steps of a valve. What controls the stepper motor, its feedback signal etc. A diagram would go a long way to explain.
The Stepper motor essentially is inline to control idle. Problem is, is even when it's "off" it still bleeds air into the intake manifolds (read engineered air leak, this is the same as drilling a hole in your manifold and leaving it open). Also, as posted above, it is critical in proper throttle body balancing. All of above and erratic idle is cured with this kit.

Any one I missed below?

RobertH - Griso 8V - SHIPPED
Dan R - Norge - SHIPPED
Chris H - Griso 11 - SHIPPED
Matteo - Norge - SHIPPED
double.d - Griso - SHIPPED
Paul M - 1200 Sport - SHIPPED
Rob S - Breva - SHIPPED
Jon M - Griso - SHIPPED
Xenarchi - Breva - SHIPPED
Jeff H - Sport 1200 - SHIPPED
Cheryl C - Norge 12 - SHIPPED
Robert G - Norge 12 - SHIPPED
Paul M - Sport 12 - SHIPPED
David L - Sport 12 - SHIPPED
Borre - Griso 11 - Pending
Mike C - Breva - Pending
Zapa - Sport 12
Robert H - Griso 8v
Adam F - 1200 Sport
Vivo - Griso
Vito - Stelvio
BSA - Griso

Todd, have you had any issues with cold idle with this kit fitted?
I made one up with a thermal switch fixed to the RH head which does what it's supposed to, but there must be too much restriction in the valve plumbing, as I have to blip the throttle on first start up now.

Brian UK said:
Todd, have you had any issues with cold idle with this kit fitted?
I personally haven't, no... but hopefully a few others will chime in here that have it installed.

Back