Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if we can be of help. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles® -- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.
  2. There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to a PRODUCT or other competing website(s), this includes personal pages, social media or other Forums. We work very hard to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. Sorry to have to do this, but we don't have the time to chase these. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see our online STORE link above; GTM product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.

Stolen Griso

Discussion in 'Griso-Bella Chat & Tech' started by IppoJ, Aug 5, 2014.

1. IppoJ

IppoJ Tuned and Synch'ed

VIN: ZGULSC0037M112803

Asking everyone's help in keeping an eye out for my Moto Guzzi Griso.

Someone stole it from our driveway last night/this morning, Omaha NE.
    I have both keys and since they are chipped it probably can't be started.
    It has some very unique and distinguishing marks/features so it will be easy for me to ID.
    Also it's one of maybe 3 Grisos in my area.
    It has a Zard muffler,black Rizoma mirrors and silver Rizoma turn signals, also has the Moto Guzzi tail bag and machined aluminum foot pegs.
    if you happen to see it or some mysterious parts on a trailer or Craigslist please let me or at least the Omaha Police Dept know.
    Pass this around and,
    Thanks!

Ps if it's a hot lead the popo said to contact the "North Investigative Unit" of the Omaha Police Dept. [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 5, 2014
  2. ghezzi

ghezzi High Miler GT Contributor

BASTARDS!

IppoJ likes this.
  3. GTM®

GTM® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Wow, there was a day not long ago where no one would dare steal a Guzzi, as there simply isn't a market for parts. I've only heard of one other in San Diego (V7R posted here on the Forum), and I suspect it went quickly to Mexico as it has truly vanished. Hopefully it turns up. I'll keep an eye out for you. What's the motor #?

IppoJ likes this.
  4. IppoJ

IppoJ Tuned and Synch'ed

Thank you. The insurance investigator didn't give me any reason to hold out any hope as the theft had the signs of a pro. Sunday night, trailer ready, etc.
    vin is ZGULSC0037M112803

5. GTM®

GTM® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Sucks.
    Got the VIN# - do you have the Engine #?

6. IppoJ

IppoJ Tuned and Synch'ed

dumb question, where would I find that?

7. john zibell

john zibell Moderator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

It would be on the engine block, but since you don't have the bike, you probably won't be able to get it. Guzzi might have a record of the engine installed in your bike. I'd say that is you only way to find it.

8. ghezzi

ghezzi High Miler GT Contributor

Surely your rego and insurance papers would include these details

9. abbienormal

abbienormal High Miler GT Famiglia

I don't know about other states but Ohio has not a clue what the engine number is. Reading this I think I should write mine down.

10. Brett

Brett Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

It is funny (Not that the your bike was stolen). I never gave much thought to the engine number until this. My insurance and registration do not require the engine number. I will be retreiving this number from both bikes tonight.

11. Jorge Sarse

Jorge Sarse Tuned and Synch'ed GT Famiglia

What a shi##er. Insurance and a new bike sounds like the way. If they trucked it away then it's probably heading to a specific destination, not just joyriders. Almost heartbreaking I know but at least it's the bike and not flesh and blood.

Stay safe on the road. If you bought the bike from a dealer I suspect they will have all the detail (engine no etc) as it will match the keys and be on record from the date of sale.

12. borgmann

borgmann Tuned and Synch'ed

what a downer ,they used to hang horse thieves in the old day's.....
    I park my bike in a shed in the backyard ,chained to a big eyebolt cast in the concrete floor.
    hope your back on two wheels soon .

13. boxman

boxman Just got it firing!

Get Wyatt Earp on it!

14. StokedOnSpokes

StokedOnSpokes Tuned and Synch'ed

Did they ever find this bike?