• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Stucchi bars installed on Norge, with pics & info:

zoom zoom

Tuned and Synch'ed
I figured I ought to copy my post here as well.

Well, I got the Stucchi bars installed on the Norge today. Kind of a PITA, but all is well. I did things a little differently. Let me describe.

First, you need to remove the lower three panels of body work. I am pleased to report that ALL of my previous repairs are still intact and everything is undamaged. Anyway, you then need to remove the brackets that the previous panels mount to and take out the bolts that goes into the tank on the main side panels. The next step is to get the panel to pop off the grommet near the exhaust header. Since I filled in the cavity and applied silicone grease to the grommet, mine came loose pretty easily. That gave me enough room to sneak an extention up in there to get those mounting bolts out. NOTE: BEFORE YOU REMOVE THOSE BOLTS, PUT A JACK UNDER THE ENGINE AS THESE ARE THE FRONT ENGINE MOUNT BOLTS! With the bolts out, it is time to wrestle in the front bar section. This was dificult. I almost began to think I needed to remove at least one header pipe, but then I must have held my tongue just right and I got the bar in where it need to go. Getting it bolted up was quite a challenge and I was wishing I had another set of hands, but I finally managed to get the bolts started and then tightened up. There is a bit more to this but it is time to include some pics.

This is an upside down pic of the front bar. Notice the recessed area where the bolt goes:
DSC01373.jpg

The allen head bolt that comes with the bars is probably equal to a grade 2 SAE and I decided to get something better. I am told that a stamping of 10.9 on a metric equals a grade 5 bolt. I also decided that I wanted a hex head bolt so that would be better load bearing capabilities. I figure there is more material there to help hold things together. This pic shows how I decided to deal with the recessed area in order to distribute that load more evenly. These next few pics show the bushing I had made. (Thank You Brad.):
DSC01374.jpg

DSC01375.jpg

DSC01376.jpg

DSC01377.jpg

Next is the bolt that came with the kit and the bolt I elected to use instead:
DSC01378.jpg

The new bolt is also longer to account for the added thickness of the bushing.

This next photo shows how it all goes together. There is also a hardened flat washer with a slight bow that helps act as a lock washer. Also, I had just a bit too much sticking out without threads so I added an additional flat washer not seen here. The extra flat washer is between the head of the bolt and the hardened washer, which is closest to the bushing.
DSC01379.jpg

In order to get those bolts in, I needed to bend the tabs with the grommet forward just a little in order to get the bolt head to clear. Once it is bolted up, just bend them back into position. I would recomend against removing them as the bracket that is the engine mounts are retained to the block by those same studs and nuts.

Reassemble all body work that was removed at this point, and you're ready for the sides. Those are pretty self explanitory, so I'll leave you to figure it out.

Here are several pics of the finished installation.
DSC01380.jpg

DSC01381.jpg

DSC01382.jpg

DSC01383.jpg

Zoom Zoom,
John Henry

Also looks like one hell of a bit of work to get those mounted (and price tab if you're not equipped to DIY...)! Now I guess if one would have the oil pump checked before warranty expires, part of the prepatory work could be shared between the 2 jobs...? ;)

ZZ, how about the knees? From what I can see, one should better less than 34" inseam (which isn't my case)? Maybe we could see a side-view or so with someone in riding position on the bike?

Those will protect you for sure. Crash bars are awesome. I had my bike go over a few times over the summer due to....forget it...but without crash bars, I'd have one dented tank.

RJVB wrote:
Also looks like one hell of a bit of work to get those mounted (and price tab if you're not equipped to DIY...)! Now I guess if one would have the oil pump checked before warranty expires, part of the prepatory work could be shared between the 2 jobs...? ;)

ZZ, how about the knees? From what I can see, one should better less than 34" inseam (which isn't my case)? Maybe we could see a side-view or so with someone in riding position on the bike?

The knees were no more an issue than before, at least for me, (32 inch inseam). I have also installed a set of Mike Bui's 1.5 inch bar risers and await a Russell Day-Long saddle to come back from Russell. I have asked them to raise the seat 1.5 inches to work with the bar risers.

Zoom Zoom,
John Henry

Yeah, with a shorter inseam, I suppose you don't hit the heads when sitting snug up to the tank while riding. I need to push back a bit in the saddle, and from what it looks, I'd be locking my knees against the bar to do so.

I suppose I'd have accepted to file off a bit of the lower fairing in order to have the bars go under the throttle bodies, as they are on the Breva and Sport...

RJVB wrote:
Yeah, with a shorter inseam, I suppose you don't hit the heads when sitting snug up to the tank while riding. I need to push back a bit in the saddle, and from what it looks, I'd be locking my knees against the bar to do so.

I suppose I'd have accepted to file off a bit of the lower fairing in order to have the bars go under the throttle bodies, as they are on the Breva and Sport...

The rear part of the bars attach to two of the valve cover bolts. and end just as they duck into the back. There really is no option to putting them in a different location.

Zoom Zoom,
John Henry

I saw where they attach. It's where I've mounted the California knee guards ... And yeah, I can see how with the current design there's no other option...

To what do the bars for the Breva mount?

Back