• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

sudden stop, will not restart

I had my airbox fill up once when a shop mechanic did an oil change without changing the filter, and filled with the 3.5 litres, which was way too much. After only 15 miles ride home from the shop the air box was flooded to the point I also had to change the air filter. Dropped 3/4 litre out of the sump to get it to the right level.
But since then, never had any problem with oil in the airbox.

On my Breva I have run a pipe from the outlet on that collector box to a bottle. I have blanked off the inlet to the air box where that pipe use to go, The air box is completely dry and I have no trouble with the throttle bodies gumming up, Ive had it like this for around 70,000Kms.

I did the same after I broke the airbox drain nipple off while having the airbox out at some point. For me, a small Red Bull can was the perfect size, although I found wrapping it with aluminum tape made it last much longer.

If you have oil in the airbox then your crankcase is over filled. The Guzzi spec is too much oil, I only put in about 3.5 liters with filter change instead of the 3.9 specification.
I'm sure I have managed to overfill a bit at least once over the years, but a catch can still seems like a good idea to me.

well I was told, but I did not listen. I'm guessing this is the whole issue. apparently these don't survive in ethanol-free fuel either.
This is one of the reason that it is nearly impossible to diagnose such things over the net. Glad you had the perseverance to dig in regardless of what you thought. An easy test for those reading this is to open the gas gap and try and start the bike. Any fuel swirl in the tank means that the fuel filter has failed. My advice is to not wait. I get a great deal of people arguing with me on it here. If you don't care if you get stranded, carry on. ;)
3L with a filter change is all the big block 2V Guzzi motor ever needed.

This is one of the reason that it is nearly impossible to diagnose such things over the net. Glad you had the perseverance to dig in regardless of what you thought. An easy test for those reading this is to open the gas gap and try and start the bike. Any fuel swirl in the tank means that the fuel filter has failed. My advice is to not wait. I get a great deal of people arguing with me on it here. If you don't care if you get stranded, carry on. ;)

Todd, is that 3L include what you put in the filter before installation?

now that I've had to wrestle the airbox in and out a few more times, the big exposed filter on your GTM specials is looking pretty attractive. any chance this could be offered separately? is there room in a standard frame? any downsides?

well, my hose clamps finally came in, and she fired immediately

since the filter did in fact last beyond the specified service interval, I can't really call this a failure!

Back