• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Suggestions on mounting radar and gps on Stelvio

Kurt

I tried one of the stem mounts from Techmount on the Breva - same as the one you picture, the stem nut is the same as the Stelvio and it wasn't very good - I had to re-engineer it with a bolt and nut down through the hole and although I got it to work in the end, I have since chucked it in favour of a better solution. Problem is the hexagonal hole doesn't give the same bearing surface for the rubber rings to grip onto as the round hole they are designed for.

Hi

Just thought i would show my new Zumo 660 mount. Pics taken from my normal view position.
IMG_0118.jpg

IMG_0120s.jpg

I am having a small stock lasercut from 304 stainless steel brush finish, if anybody's interested.
£15 each + postage -UK Only.
Haywards of cambridge have shown an interest - have a word with Rob and we will arrange supply if you don't want to deal direct.

Mike

Well, I wanted it as much in my sight line as possible. And I bought it the eavening before a long trip. No time to make something special. I found that the original zumo 660 mount will do. Mounted against the screen adjustment bolts. Just a longer bolt was all needed. And slightly making the hole in the mount bigger so that a m8 fits.

post-9-1254606633.jpg

I see you need to click this link to see the picture full size

http://www.fastguzzi.nl/files/garmin-mount.jpg

garmin-mount.jpg

pauldaytona said:
Well, I wanted it as much in my sight line as possible. And I bought it the eavening before a long trip. No time to make something special. I found that the original zumo 660 mount will do. Mounted against the screen adjustment bolts. Just a longer bolt was all needed. And slightly making the hole in the mount bigger so that a m8 fits.

post-9-1254606633.jpg

I see you need to click this link to see the picture full size

http://www.fastguzzi.nl/files/garmin-mount.jpg

garmin-mount.jpg

I like the way you've mounted your Zumo very much! It seems very simple, the unit is very visible. How has it stood up to riding? How do you like the 660? I've read some negative reviews of the product...

What is an m8? How did you connect the power? Your pictures are very good, but not having the mount in hand, I can't quite make out how you've mounted it to the windscreen adjustment rail.

Love to hear your comments - thanks a lot!

Jesse

well M8 is the metric 8mm bolt size. As can be seen in the picture mounting is with 2 bolts, the top one is the same as the windscreenheight adjustment, the bottom one is 6mm, and goes through the mounting rail. If you have the parts in your hand it's simple. Riding is excelent with it. I don't use ears, only the view. And have been traveling all over europe this way. The connections are simple, There is a long wire on the zumo mount. I took that under the tank to the back. There I connected it the the accesory power source there.

I bought the zumo the day before the big trip, so had little time to play, only had to get the routes in, that worked. I like the zumo, and I hate it.
For the price it's bad. My car navi made 8 years ago does it just as good. Then it has some strange things that you learn, how to get arround, reading forums. But that shouldn't be needed with a brandnew piece for that price. My wife said, bring it back, it's no good. But I keep it, becuase it makes it possible to plan trips upfront, and drive the road I planned. With my older eyes I have a problem reading a map in the tankbag, have to stop, take the helmet of, and put reading glasses on, thats no longer needed. With the stelvio an extra plus is, when you have a near empty tank, it will get you to a gas station nearby. Or the nearest Guzzi dealer:) when needed. I put all european dealers in poi files. Fond some us too, all on: http://www.mgcn.nl/dameijer/Garmin-GPS-bestanden

pauldaytona said:
well M8 is the metric 8mm bolt size. As can be seen in the picture mounting is with 2 bolts, the top one is the same as the windscreenheight adjustment, the bottom one is 6mm, and goes through the mounting rail. If you have the parts in your hand it's simple. Riding is excelent with it. I don't use ears, only the view. And have been traveling all over europe this way. The connections are simple, There is a long wire on the zumo mount. I took that under the tank to the back. There I connected it the the accesory power source there.

I bought the zumo the day before the big trip, so had little time to play, only had to get the routes in, that worked. I like the zumo, and I hate it.
For the price it's bad. My car navi made 8 years ago does it just as good. Then it has some strange things that you learn, how to get arround, reading forums. But that shouldn't be needed with a brandnew piece for that price. My wife said, bring it back, it's no good. But I keep it, becuase it makes it possible to plan trips upfront, and drive the road I planned. With my older eyes I have a problem reading a map in the tankbag, have to stop, take the helmet of, and put reading glasses on, thats no longer needed. With the stelvio an extra plus is, when you have a near empty tank, it will get you to a gas station nearby. Or the nearest Guzzi dealer:) when needed. I put all european dealers in poi files. Fond some us too, all on: http://www.mgcn.nl/dameijer/Garmin-GPS-bestanden

Thanks very much for the information! Your comments on the the Garmin are what a lot of people say about that unit... I'm going to investigate some more. I would like to find a cheaper one as well if possible. Thanks a lot for the Guzzi USA list download - good to have and hope I don't have to use it :) :)

Happy Trails! Jesse

I've used http://www.telferizer.com for a mount on a Honda VFR - this was an expanding bung that fits inside the steerer tube, expensive but easy fit and a solid.
Planning on selling the VFR shortly but the Stelvio steerer tube is 14 mm AF hex shaped, the VFR is say 20 mm dia, so I'll have to get another. Fortunately for me this guy is almost on my door step.

Although I may take alook a the other ideas here, I'd like to keep the bar clamp visible as I like the Guzzi etched logo on the clamp plate.

Hey BigTex,
Do you happen to have any of your mounts Type I, that you could part with? I would like one for my Stelvio if you have them still.

I don't have any on hand, but I had someone else ask about them, so maybe I'll whip some up this afternoon if no one is looking.

If you are able to do that, it would be great Big Tex! You can email me off list at RTB781at msn.com so that I can make arrangements to pay and give you my address.
Thanks in advance,
Bob B

I have mounted a support for my GPS (model Garmin Zumo 550) on my Stelvio NTX.
Here you'll find somme pics of the piece (made in ordinary iron) and some pics mounted on the Stelvio:

The piece:

On the Stelvio:

Franck

Franck, that looks really great! Did you fabricate it yourself?

Back