• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Suspension Upgrade 1200 Sport 8V

stinga

Tuned and Synch'ed
G'day All,

Well I finally got around to installing the suspension kit that I purchased off Izzy, at Suspensions R Us in Seaford Victoria Australia, about 2 1/2 years ago, also the K & L Lift previously best thing motorbike money can be spent on. The kit comprises of Matris Fork Cartridge Kit F20K up front and in the rear a Wilbers Racing shock with hydraulic pre load, slow and high speed compression and rebound adjustments and all set up with the correct springs for my weight and riding needs.
Some might think this is a bit of over kill, shit its only a Guzzi more of a Broadsword than a Scalpel, but after a couple of trips away fully loaded up for camping and with the wife on board this thing was dangerous. Also after dismantling the OME front fork cartridges and seeing how cheaply and flimsy they are made, all the more reason to replace them so now its more of an Hunting knife or better.
The reason it's taken so long to fit this great kit is that during that time I've had a job switch and moved home plus the new home never had a shed.
Well we have finally got the shed up and running and I've finally caught up with all the new move jobs around the house so now is the time for the Guzzi to get some much needed surgery.

My Italian Mistress with her legs up in the air
IMG 6366

The first problem encountered, it's a bit hard to see in this and the following foto but once the cartridge bolt is tightened up I could move the cartridge back and forth about 5 mm
IMG 6368 IMG 6369

These 2 following shots show the home made spring compressor made up with a road sign connecting bracket, now don't forget a bit of string threaded up through the spacer to pull up the dampening rod, don't know why the fotos are rotated they are not like that on my computer
IMG 6376 IMG 6377

The operating table, Nurse more suction and wipe my brow please

IMG 6378

Right side showing hydraulic preload, Left side showing remote canister and both high and low compression adjustments screws
IMG 6384 IMG 6385
Cartridge bolt that had to be shortened
IMG E6371
Guzzi POS on the left, Matris on the right
IMG E6373

I think this is pretty obvious which is which
IMG 6383

After the first ride on a known piece of road down my way called the Warner Glen Rd, now this road is a real back country tar cow country road with heaps of sharp rises like tree roots under the tar, bridge joints, whoopdy do's simular to motocross ones but not as exaggerated and off camber bumpy corners, you could feel the chassis taking all the suspension jarring simular to having your tyres set at 100psi plus its very uncomfortable. Now you can still do 100 to 120 ks on this 20k stretch off road but it's like riding a bronco bull so to counter this I have backed off the high speed compression from 14 clicks to 17 clicks on the Wilbers and also backed off the compression on the forks from 20 clicks to 22 clicks.

To say that this suspension set up works is an understatement, I can now do easily and comfortably in excess of 120ks and corner speed has jumped up 30 to 40 ks higher than previously, cant wait to see how it goes once loaded up for the next camping trip.
Already got the full Guzzitech fueling upgrade now all I need is Todd's 1400 big bore kit, cams and to lose some weight off this thing and it will definitely scary the pants of them DeadCatty riders LOL

Back