Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles® -- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

SW Motech Tankbag

Discussion in 'BNS12 Chat & Tech' started by zebee, Dec 10, 2010.

1. zebee

zebee Tuned and Synch'ed

I can't find MikeC's pics of the various motech tankbags. Can anyone who has one that isn't the Daypak II give me an idea of the internal dimensions?

I am looking for one that wil take my netboock 30cm x 20cm (12" x 8")

Zebee

2. Cat City Rider

Cat City Rider Cruisin' Guzzisti

You might try looking here for the dimensions.

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productlist/332/

Too wide a bag will interfere with your handlebars. A smaller top box may be a better solution. It will handle a medium pizza or a lovely apple tart as well.

Happy hunting.

3. zebee

zebee Tuned and Synch'ed

I know from my daypack that the dimensions given can be a bit tricky, especially for those with side packs and things, plus the tank shape ones are even harder to work out, so if anyone has say an Engage or a City or Trial, then actual internal measurements would be really useful.

I already have a topbox, I just like the convenience of the tankbag.

I have a spare motech base, I might convert an old tankbag I have lying about to use it, but it's larger than I really want, so finding if motech have a small one that's still big enough would be great.

Zebee

4. Mike.C

Mike.C GT Reference

Ask and you shall receive. :woohoo:

The larger one is (I think) a "city" bag and I have just shoved my MacBook air 11" in it which is 30cm x 19cm x zilch. It just fits, but only just. It's a tight fit, one end goes down into the lower end nearest the seat and the other end is just under the lid at the front. You wouldn't be able to get much else in there with it shoved in like that, but it does fit in.

Attached Files:

5. zebee

zebee Tuned and Synch'ed

Thanks!

Looks like the City will be too small. Bummer. I suspect the Engage is about the same size as my old tankbag that I could convert.

Time to get out the measuring sticks...