Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles®-- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

Swept Back Handle Bars for the V7III

Discussion in 'V7/V85/V9 Chat & Tech' started by David Pasquini, Aug 20, 2019.

1. David Pasquini

David Pasquini Just got it firing!

Hi All,

First post here. Modification time has come for the V7III that I purchased a few months ago.

I really dig the look of the swept back handle bars you see on classic bikes from the 20s-40s, and they offer a more upright ride, which I prefer. I was wondering if anyone has found / experimented with such a modification for a V7?

Closest thing I could find online is from BAAK;

baakmotocyclettes.com/en/home/351-baak-n1-handlebars-o22mm.html

They told me via email that you don't need cable extenders for these but it's hard to judge from the pic. Anyways, thought I'd check on here first before ordering.

Cheers,
    David

2. roadscum

roadscum Cruisin' Guzzisti

Those are bars I could live. More of a flat track bar then a vintage bar or beach bar. Let us know how they work out for ya.

Paul

3. GT-Rx®

GT-Rx® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Welcome to the GT Forum & Guzzi Famiglia. Hope you'll post your info on the Registry; https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/v7-registry-picture-thread-add-your-bike.9108/

I'd imagine that you would certainly have to reroute the cables as a minimum. Baak hasn't been the most upfront from the words I hear for mods like this. You could also search for "Brooks bar" which is a popular bend for Triumphs, but watch that you get a 7/8" bar, not 1".

4. Blaufeld

Blaufeld Cruisin' Guzzisti

Very nice bars!!!

5. V7 Dreaming

V7 Dreaming Tuned and Synch'ed

I installed my bike with Voigt MT handlebar riser. 30mm up and 21mm back. Cluth cable, Electric wire,Throttle cable are ok. But brake hose is a bit tight.
    I think if you change your handlebar to that wide and high than original you should change new longer brake hose.