Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! There is zero tolerance on personal attacks and off-site links to other Forums or competing products. Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles® -- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.

Tachometer loose on the V7 III Special

Discussion in 'V7/V85/V9 Chat & Tech' started by misterwes31, Aug 1, 2019.

1. misterwes31

misterwes31 Just got it firing!

I ride a 2018 V7 III Special. I was riding today and everything was fine. Then at one point I look down to look at the tach and it is rattling all over the place. I pull over to find out the tachometer has come completely loose in the housing. Whatever holds it in the housing broke off I guess. I'll call my local dealer tomorrow and see about getting it fixed under warranty (Assume they will do that since they are MG dealer even though I purchased it out of state) But wanted to see if this has happened to anyone else?

2. aaron.hudacky

aaron.hudacky Just got it firing!

The tach on my 18 V7 III Special broke loose when the motorcycle was about two weeks old and had about 400 miles. All three screw bosses on the back of the housing cracked and broke loose. It was fixed under warranty, but took over six months for a new tach to come in.

A week ago, at 7,000 miles, my speedometer broke loose, and a new one is on order. I'm the original owner and my motorcycle has never fallen or been in any type of accident. I don't think this is common, but I saw threads about a V7 III Racer with a tach that broke loose and a V7 III Stone with a speedometer that broke loose. I'm not sure if those threads were here or on another forum. The housings are externally threaded, but the threads aren't used, and I think coming up with a mounting solution that uses these threads might reduce the chances of the gauges breaking loose.

3. Joe Guzzi

Joe Guzzi Just got it firing!

I picked up my new 2018 special in February 2020. On the second ride with 6 miles on the ODO the tach broke free from its attachment. I purchased the bike in Illinois and had it shipped to Oregon. The dealer says I need to take it to a dealer for the warranty replacement. Well that's a bummer because the nearest dealer is 4 hours away. I'm expecting to have to go twice to the dealer. Once to show the problem and once to install the replacement. Was hoping they would ship me a new one and save me the time and expense. Anyone have any suggestion?