• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Taking off the Griso dash cover

Motor-Timothy

Just got it firing!
Hey all, just a quick question. My tach needle is suddenly stuck at 8.000 rpm, so I wanted to take the front dashcover off to see what I can do about it. However after removing the 4 screws at the front, the frontcover remains very tightly attached at the bottom (while the top does give way when I pull there). I didn't want to force it without double checking, so thought I'd ask here if there is perhaps another screw I have overlooked? Or is it just those 4 screws and simply a matter of forcing the bottom to come loose with a flat screwdriver?

A stepper motor may have an issue. My suggestion is just send the complete dash to these guys. http://www.carmo.nl/ And they are close!!

Thanks for the link, I'll save that as a last resort. The tach meter is otherwise behaving normally (though it now goes far beyond the red, as its starting position is so high), its just its default position which suddenly was stuck to 8.000 rpm after turning it on and doing its initial calibration. After turning the electrics on multiple times it has now dropped to a starting position of 3.500 but won't drop any further. I've been riding in rain lately so am thinking its due to condensation/rust in the dash causing the needle to be a bit sticky at the lower rev range of the indicator.

I'm hoping removing the dash cover lets me manually put the needle to the zero position (pushing through the blockade), and perhaps spray some AFC-50 into it to help with any rust, but so far I haven't been able to get the cover open.

Well seems like the problem has solved itself. After turning the electrics on 5 more times today, the needle would end up a little bit closer to zero each time, until it eventually returned to its as before default position. I have sprayed ACF-50 in every hole and crack in the dash I could find, hopefully that will prevent this happening again.

Back